| FTBL "the devil has come back to college football..."

I want Alabama to just literally embarrass Miles and LSU. That fanbase and coaching staff is just lower than low. They're nothing but classless jerks. I can't wait for Bama to give them something real to cry about.

BamaCore said:
I want Alabama to just literally embarrass Miles and LSU. That fanbase and coaching staff is just lower than low. They're nothing but classless jerks. I can't wait for Bama to give them something real to cry about.
They really are...

errr!!!

TigerBait3 said:
BamaCore said:
They really are...

errr!!!

:lol: :lol:

There are always exceptions TigerBait, and you are one of them. :p

BamaCore said:
TigerBait3 said:
BamaCore said:
They really are...

errr!!!

:lol: :lol:

There are always exceptions TigerBait, and you are one of them. :p
We have somke classless fans. But we also have more than plenty that would be willing to give you all the food and beer you want on gameday. They are almost offended if you do not accept any. :p I hope everyone there has a great time and I would just about bet all that I own that you wont see any of the stereotypes that are talked about.

TigerBait3 said:
BamaCore said:
They really are...

errr!!!

Honestly, you had to suspect this story would come out again this week, didn't you?

I thought about all of this being rehashed again last spring when LD was dealing with his "personal mattes" and took a few days off. I firmly suspected a story or two would be out during this game week.

I haven't looked, but certainly expect ol' Glenn to put something out about this (if he hasn't piggy-backed this article already.)

BamaCore said:

Amen to that. Of all the fanbases and coaching staffs, theirs is the scummiest. Not saying ALL their fans are that way mind you. But please.

TerryP said:
TigerBait3 said:
BamaCore said:
They really are...

errr!!!

Honestly, you had to suspect this story would come out again this week, didn't you?

I thought about all of this being rehashed again last spring when LD was dealing with his "personal mattes" and took a few days off. I firmly suspected a story or two would be out during this game week.

I haven't looked, but certainly expect ol' Glenn to put something out about this (if he hasn't piggy-backed this article already.)
I knew it would come out which is why my "errrr" was sarcastic. No need to get upset these things happen during game week.

I havent looked for any GG articles either, but I am a little surprised he didn't release seven magazines, commemorative stuffed animals, and two books about this game. Maybe he just passed out because he is too excited.

....also according to Luther Davis (old recruiting article)

I don't come around often, but I do love to see what others are saying before a big game. We are heading to Baton Rouge this weekend and looking forward to a GREAT game. Hope anyone that is traveling down has a safe trip. This is an article I got off of another site.

LSU defensive line commitments Luther Davis and Will Blackwell were both visited by new Alabama head coach Nick Saban on Wednesday as the former LSU coach is hoping to lure some Louisiana prospects to Tuscaloosa.

Mike Scarborough

Davis is adamant about his commitment to LSU
"It went pretty good and it was impressive to meet with Nick Saban but I really don't feel any different about him than any other coach," Davis said. "He was just telling us about his plan for Alabama and how he is the centerpiece of all the changes that is currently going on at LSU and he is the reason that LSU is the way it is now.

"He says he plans on doing the same thing at Alabama and turn things around."

Both LSU commitments were open with Saban about the finality of their pledge to LSU and Les Miles.

"He told me that he wanted me there but I told him I was solid to LSU and I don't think that is going to change and Will told him the same thing," Davis said. "He was kind of mad that we turned down the visit and turned down the scholarship.

"I have been around and I know where I want to be and that is at LSU."

Saban used his national championship coaching credentials from LSU to try to illustrate what he believes is best for the Louisiana four-star prospects.

"What he was saying is that the coaching staff he has at Alabama is pretty much the same coaching staff he had at LSU when he won a national championship," Davis said. "He said that there is no way that the coaching staff at LSU can compare to the coaching staff he has at Alabama right now.

In the meeting, Davis mentioned how he admired two defensive ends that were signed and coached by Saban.

"I told him awhile back that my favorite defensive ends were Marcus Spears and Marquise Hill and he was telling me that if I were to come there that he would make it to where I am better than them.

"I think I am a pretty good player but I respect those guys and it will take me a long time to get to the level that they were at."

Davis gave Saban some of the reasons why he is comfortable with his decision to sign with LSU.

"I told him that the main reasons I am going to LSU is the players there that I know and the academic center," Davis said. "I feel confident that if I go in and focus that I can graduate in three and a half to four years.

"He was talking about how he built the academic center, raised the money for it, which he did and that's all fine and good but he's not there anymore. He said that Alabama already has an academic center that is better than LSU's and for me to just come and take a look. I'll just take his word for it because I'm pretty solid."

When Saban left, Davis and Blackwell discussed their meeting with the new Crimson Tide coach.

"Really, the first thing we were saying is how about we are going to beat Bama in the next four-to-five years."

Davis remarked about how Saban didn't want to give anyone at LSU any credit for what has taken place since he left in December of 2004.

"I asked him about some of the guys that are at LSU right now and he said he was not familiar with them but he said whatever is going on there is not better than what he has going on at Alabama right now. He gave no credit to anyone."

Yesterday afternoon, the LSU coaches arrived at West Monroe.

"Coach (Josh) Henson and Coach (Earl) Lane were just telling us to ignore that and not even worry about it that it's people like that that keeps LSU hungry and wanting more," Davis said. "They are right because I was motivated off the stuff that Coach Saban was saying."

Davis and his family were familiar with Saban when he was at LSU as he recruited his older brother.

"He came across as arrogant when he was recruiting my brother and my family didn't like that then," Davis said. "I seriously would not be going to LSU if he were still there."

Re: ....also according to Luther Davis (old recruiting artic

jxntiger said:
I don't come around often, but I do love to see what others are saying before a big game. We are heading to Baton Rouge this weekend and looking forward to a GREAT game. Hope anyone that is traveling down has a safe trip. This is an article I got off of another site.

LSU defensive line commitments Luther Davis and Will Blackwell were both visited by new Alabama head coach Nick Saban on Wednesday as the former LSU coach is hoping to lure some Louisiana prospects to Tuscaloosa.

Mike Scarborough

Davis is adamant about his commitment to LSU
"It went pretty good and it was impressive to meet with Nick Saban but I really don't feel any different about him than any other coach," Davis said. "He was just telling us about his plan for Alabama and how he is the centerpiece of all the changes that is currently going on at LSU and he is the reason that LSU is the way it is now.

"He says he plans on doing the same thing at Alabama and turn things around."

Both LSU commitments were open with Saban about the finality of their pledge to LSU and Les Miles.

"He told me that he wanted me there but I told him I was solid to LSU and I don't think that is going to change and Will told him the same thing," Davis said. "He was kind of mad that we turned down the visit and turned down the scholarship.

"I have been around and I know where I want to be and that is at LSU."

Saban used his national championship coaching credentials from LSU to try to illustrate what he believes is best for the Louisiana four-star prospects.

"What he was saying is that the coaching staff he has at Alabama is pretty much the same coaching staff he had at LSU when he won a national championship," Davis said. "He said that there is no way that the coaching staff at LSU can compare to the coaching staff he has at Alabama right now.

In the meeting, Davis mentioned how he admired two defensive ends that were signed and coached by Saban.

"I told him awhile back that my favorite defensive ends were Marcus Spears and Marquise Hill and he was telling me that if I were to come there that he would make it to where I am better than them.

"I think I am a pretty good player but I respect those guys and it will take me a long time to get to the level that they were at."

Davis gave Saban some of the reasons why he is comfortable with his decision to sign with LSU.

"I told him that the main reasons I am going to LSU is the players there that I know and the academic center," Davis said. "I feel confident that if I go in and focus that I can graduate in three and a half to four years.

"He was talking about how he built the academic center, raised the money for it, which he did and that's all fine and good but he's not there anymore. He said that Alabama already has an academic center that is better than LSU's and for me to just come and take a look. I'll just take his word for it because I'm pretty solid."

When Saban left, Davis and Blackwell discussed their meeting with the new Crimson Tide coach.

"Really, the first thing we were saying is how about we are going to beat Bama in the next four-to-five years."

Davis remarked about how Saban didn't want to give anyone at LSU any credit for what has taken place since he left in December of 2004.

"I asked him about some of the guys that are at LSU right now and he said he was not familiar with them but he said whatever is going on there is not better than what he has going on at Alabama right now. He gave no credit to anyone."

Yesterday afternoon, the LSU coaches arrived at West Monroe.

"Coach (Josh) Henson and Coach (Earl) Lane were just telling us to ignore that and not even worry about it that it's people like that that keeps LSU hungry and wanting more," Davis said. "They are right because I was motivated off the stuff that Coach Saban was saying."

Davis and his family were familiar with Saban when he was at LSU as he recruited his older brother.

"He came across as arrogant when he was recruiting my brother and my family didn't like that then," Davis said. "I seriously would not be going to LSU if he were still there."

Sounds like Davis just needs to keep his mouth shut

Re: ....also according to Luther Davis (old recruiting artic

jxntiger said:
I don't come around often, but I do love to see what others are saying before a big game. We are heading to Baton Rouge this weekend and looking forward to a GREAT game. Hope anyone that is traveling down has a safe trip. This is an article I got off of another site...

I remember all of that coming out. It was an interesting story to follow.

Two thoughts here...

I've followed Mike S. and his articles since he's had that site. He's far from credible when it comes to articles he posts. Hey, I'm not saying the Alabama writers don't put their spin on things as well. But, some of the things Mike has tried with Rivals...color me amazed.

AS to the devil comments in this thread...from today.

"We found out that he had visited (Alabama) and when we really at that point in time we had a guy who was really committed to us, and when they visit other schools we encourage them to go on," Miles said. "We visited with his coach and told them our response and really went on.

"We wish Luther the best and hope he gets his degree and plays well. Certainly he’s on the other sidelines."

Asked about calling Saban "the devil," Miles said, "Oh my gosh, no. Are you kidding me?"

Who knows?

I'd be tempted to believe Miles on this one but as soon as I reached that thought/conclusion I remembered the "F*** Bama" comments...

I think we can agree there is no telling what may come out of his mouth at any given time.

TerryP...I agree with you on the Mike S. article, just thought it was interesting how the story changed. And as for Miles, he does make the press conference interesting.

Geaux Tigers!

jxntiger said:
TerryP...I agree with you on the Mike S. article, just thought it was interesting how the story changed. And as for Miles, he does make the press conference interesting.

Geaux Tigers!

You and I are in the same boat on this one.

I remember vividly the weekend LD visited. I took a bit of flak when I told the guys on the LSU forum I was posting on back then that he was in town and the visit was going well. I also remember that it was one of the web site guys that called LD that weekend and asked him if he was at Alabama and he denied he was here and said he was at a funeral.

It went from telling the writer he was at a funeral to telling the LSU staff...and the story has grown and grown from there both sides getting further and further apart with how they tell the story.

It's like I mentioned to Tigerbait3 on this forum...I suspected this story would come out again this weekend when I thought about this game and LD back in spring camp. I dreaded the thought of it then...and here I find myself talking about it here, again. :roll:

BamaCore said:

whoa, here we go with the threads that all LSU fans lack life skills, live in shacks, and drive riding lawnmowers to work. I'm certain that there are classless fans on both sides of the field here, and all coaching staff basically tell recruits whatever stories they need to hear in order to recruit them. I'm sure I could find an equal amount of losers wearing either teams color. For instance, I'm sure most of you would prefer this guy not be a BAMA fan
Scroll to the bottom:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/sioncampus/11/04/cast-your-bcs-vote-campus-clicks/index.html

Really, y'all beat Arkansas last week or was it Arkansas State. I'm just saying!

Back
Top Bottom