| FTBL "the devil has come back to college football..."

CrimsonPirate said:
Factor, that 2000 game was Saban's first at LSU, wasn't it? I was there, somewhere in the northeast corner of the end zone. Best I remember, we played them pretty dang tuff considering our offense was not playing up to snuff.

Yep, that was the year we absolutely tanked. I want to say the final score was 30-25. Even though that year was a complete train wreck we still had a chance to win in the end.

BamaDelta said:
CrimsonPirate said:
Factor, that 2000 game was Saban's first at LSU, wasn't it? I was there, somewhere in the northeast corner of the end zone. Best I remember, we played them pretty dang tuff considering our offense was not playing up to snuff.

Yep, that was the year we absolutely tanked. I want to say the final score was 30-25. Even though that year was a complete train wreck we still had a chance to win in the end.

That was an exciting 4th quarter that year. 30-28 loss, but it was tied 14-14 going into the 4th.

I don't know if you could call it "chance to win" unless you were thinking we recover an onsides kick and kick a long FG. Milons scored in the last minute for us to close within 2.

That was the end of our winning streak in Baton Rouge...that one sticks out in my mind pretty largely in past games of this century. Josh Booty and Josh Reid tore our butts up in that game...but honestly, we probably could have come out with a W in that ball game if we hadn't turned the ball over so many times. (3 total, I think) Two costly fumbles in the second half.

BamaDelta said:
I won't get into the class argument with any fan base. I know how I conduct myself and how I try to influence my children. I try to always make it more about Alabama than the other team (and believe me that was tough as they announced the Auburn-Ole Miss score at homecoming last week :D ).

My only comment is I've only had to hide my children's eyes from one fan base wearing F--- Bama t'shirts. Care to guess who? And that was in Tuscaloosa!

I am going to say this fanbase: NOT SAFE FOR WORK

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/...o/Opponents/?action=view&current=AuNecks2.flv

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:
CrimsonPirate said:

That was an exciting 4th quarter that year. 30-28 loss, but it was tied 14-14 going into the 4th.

I don't know if you could call it "chance to win" unless you were thinking we recover an onsides kick and kick a long FG. Milons scored in the last minute for us to close within 2.

That was the end of our winning streak in Baton Rouge...that one sticks out in my mind pretty largely in past games of this century. Josh Booty and Josh Reid tore our butts up in that game...but honestly, we probably could have come out with a W in that ball game if we hadn't turned the ball over so many times. (3 total, I think) Two costly fumbles in the second half.

Concur on all accounts. TP. And let me add that I actually thought we could have won that game if Dubose & staff hadn't abandoned running off right tackle in the 4th quarter.

I remember that McClintock was serving a one-half suspension for actions against CFU (I believe but not for sure). Anyway, when he returned to the FB position in the second half, he and the right side of the OL were blasting holes one could drive a truck through. Remember, Galloway's gallop for a TD.

LSU couldn't stop anything called that way in the 3rd and early portion of the 4th quarter. Then for some reason, the play caller (whoever was responsible) decided we needed to do the same thing to the left side (many times toward the short-side of the field). Unfortunately, LSU was holding up fairly well from that point of attack.

Even my boy, who was 12 at the time kept saying, "Why have we quit running the ball off right tackle?" Big Red & OL was bowling them over on that side. :?

Btw, it was the first time ever in my wife's life that she (a Tiger fan) had witnessed in person a LSU victory over Alabama in Tiger Stadium. She was 8 years old when that streak began.

Back
Top Bottom