| FTBL The AL law that would have forced Saban to retire at 70!!

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....

The AL law that would have forced Saban to retire at 70

As an employee of a state university, Saban is subject to the rules of the Alabama teachers’ retirement system. When the system was enacted in 1939, tucked into 15 pages of legislation was the following paragraph: “Any member in service who has attained age seventy shall be retired forthwith, provided that with the approval of his employer he may remain in service until the end of the school year following the date on which he attains age seventy.” A similar rule applied to all state employees, not just teachers.
Rumors of Auburn grads in the state legislature furiously trying to get this law back on the books are unconfirmed, but likely true.

Former Georgia DE and ESPN analyst David Pollack has Alabama winning the SEC.

Former Georgia DE and ESPN analyst David Pollack has Alabama winning the SEC.
He is trying to pull a Pat Dye by talking up Bama to motivate his puppies. Not buying he believes it. I guess he could also be expressing his UGA complex from being a UGA person for years. They start to twitch if to much hope oozes in. They are waiting on the ball to drop so to speak.

He is trying to pull a Pat Dye by talking up Bama to motivate his puppies. Not buying he believes it. I guess he could also be expressing his UGA complex from being a UGA person for years. They start to twitch if to much hope oozes in. They are waiting on the ball to drop so to speak.

It's a little bit coy of him isn't it. I gather he's leaning 'Bama wins SEC but Jawja wins NC.

Also, I don't think they can win the NC with Stetson Bennett. And it sure doesn't say much about JT Daniels that Bennett has the starting job.

Back
Top Bottom