| FTBL T.Booker talk about the color of the mouth piece.

Meh! No big deal to me. We had some that would be yellow that had been specifically fitted by a dentist because of implants or some other oral surgery. Be honest, only thing that bothers me is seeing them either dangling off of their face mask or stuck in the top of the headgear or between the headgear and face mask. Why even have the damn thing if you aren’t going to use it?

We had no options with mouthpieces (unless you went to a sporting goods store and bought your own - but then you had to mold it to your mouth and nobody had a kitchen to boil the water). Our options were to cut the leash off or use the leash to attach it to your facemask.

I'm with @UAgrad93, why have a mouthpiece if you're not going to use it? The collisions are pretty severe and your teeth mashing together can be pretty intense.

Sure seems like with the emphasis put on safety the last few years, that having a mouthpiece in during plays would be required by rule. As alluded to here, and may times before, the hits taken are brutal, and for anyone who has worn a mouthpiece before, it doesn't take a scientific study to let you know that it helps absorb and cushion the impact to a degree (and the mouthpieces now are a lot better than they were years ago). There's a reason the ref immediately steps in and temporarily halts boxing and MMA fights when a fighter loses his.

Sure seems like with the emphasis put on safety the last few years, that having a mouthpiece in during plays would be required by rule. As alluded to here, and may times before, the hits taken are brutal, and for anyone who has worn a mouthpiece before, it doesn't take a scientific study to let you know that it helps absorb and cushion the impact to a degree (and the mouthpieces now are a lot better than they were years ago). There's a reason the ref immediately steps in and temporarily halts boxing and MMA fights when a fighter loses his.
I got jarred one time by a DT that was running one direction chasing down our RB. He smacked me facemask to my temple, my mouthpiece probably saved my teeth from shattering. My jaw was shaking for a bit after that and I was seeing stars for about 5 minutes.

Meh! No big deal to me. We had some that would be yellow that had been specifically fitted by a dentist because of implants or some other oral surgery. Be honest, only thing that bothers me is seeing them either dangling off of their face mask or stuck in the top of the headgear or between the headgear and face mask. Why even have the damn thing if you aren’t going to use it?
My wife asks what that sticking out of his helmet? I told her it his mouth piece. I told her even thought he isn't wearing it the right way. He still has to have it!

Back
Top Bottom