| BSB/SB šŸ„ŽSuper Regional: Alabama @ Tennessee - Bama takes series...onto the the WCWS, again.

Thatā€™s the worst part. The opportunities have been there.

The pitching has carried us , the defense has been good enough to win if our offense could put runs on the board with any consistency. We swim at balls and watch strikes go by , that seems to be the constant.

Hoping for a offensive outing like he had vs. S.E. Louisiana game2 , tomorrow.

I haven't watched as much this year, but if it was indicative as what I saw today, I would have probably lost it on the kind of defense we play. Uncertainty it's the second baseman or first baseman, but I cannot believe they have D-1 scholarships with those kind of mistakes. Hitting, shwew, rough. The lack of approach, their approach, and the swings just seemed low caliber.

All that being said, they fought their butts off today and earned a great win. I don't blame Murphy for the bunt attempts or the steal at 3rd. I most likely do the same with my fastest player. Hitting the ball two inches away from a homerun and getting thrown out at second is inexcusable in my eyes. Needless to say, the girls fought and lived to see another day, and that's all that matters in the postseason. I hope the girls find a few runs early tomorrow and can put two or three hits together. Congratulations ladies and Roll Tide.

Just saw where it was the longest Super Regional game ever.... not sure if it meant in innings or time (or both?)... but that kinda surprises me.
Innings, but probably both innings and time. Bama also won the previous longest. 6-5 over Nebraska in 12 innings in 2014.

vs
Nebraska
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
W, 6-5(12)

May 22(Thu)
8:00 p.m

Last edited:
Thinking about todayā€™s gameā€¦ Looks like weather could be an issue with storms in the area (Knoxville is under a tornado watch). But as for the game, I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Murphy use Johnson and/or Torrence in some key spots to take some of the toll off of Briski today (she hasn't thrown too many pitches the last 2 days, but they've had a good look at her). Bama will likely need 4+ runs today to win either way, IMO. If Johnson and Torrence are throwing well in the pen, using them strategically may be the path. It would be very helpful if they were all able to throw strikes and the defense brings their A game... and yes, I'm asking a lot. But, the Vols haven't seen Johnson's change this season... they did see Torrence for an inning in April and had some success then, but she has shown to be a bulldog when everything is on the line in big situations. She may be needed today. Would imagine Beaver can give a good inning or 2 if needed as well. Hopefully, Briski is on fire and efficient... I'd take a 1-0 win. Looking forward to seeing how they respond... would love to see some of that Bama Softball attitude and confidence that has been missing way too much the last couple of seasons...

Back
Top Bottom