| FTBL Spring Practice 2023: 2nd spring scrimmage set for Saturday at 1 CT

One the tweets at the bottom of this post.

Milroe is still inconsistent passing the ball. We all know this is an area he's been working to improve. He has. There's a love/hate thought of an offense like Drink's, or Malzahn's, with Milroe taking the snaps.

@BamaFan334 shared a video of one of Milroe's passes this week. What's not shown is the interception he threw on the next rep.

He presents such a unique threat. I don't think it's news saying we don't have to worry about his ability to escape. He's the kind of QB we'd say "Bama needs to keep a spy on him" if he wasn't wearing Crimson. He's also the kind of guys we can say I don't think a spy can contain Milroe.

I agree, I don't see anyone that could contain him ghosting him. Him having the element of knowing where he is going and a good gallop head start and no one can catch him.

O & D Lines!!! The rest will fall into place.

The DL starts pressuring the QB again and we aren't so worried about the umpteen PI calls every game.

The OL gives the QB time, and we aren't so concerned about the WR's getting tons of seperation and the RB's not being "elite".

That being said, I expect Brooks & J. Miller to be the big time play makers this year. Jase and Roydell are plenty good enough. I have no issue with a 2 QB system of some sort... Milroe's legs are just too lethal, and Simpson could be special. Develop both as talented options!

Sink or swim with the line's... And cut out the penalties... It could be a great season!

I'm excited for the spring game, really want see how the offense looks. Also want to see guys like Jihaad Campbell, Shawn Murphy, and Blackshire in action. Apparently Campbell and Murphy have been making plays. Marshall has apparently been good as well. This could be the deepest we've ever been at ILB this season. I just hope we rotate them this season, I still don't understand why we didn't do that the last few seasons. But, here's hoping.

I know I'm in the minority, and I may be alone, but I've never been able to get excited about spring practice.
Understandable, really depends on if you care about certain stuff in the game. I know for certain people are going to want to see the QB battle, and there's plenty of other battles for starting positions to keep an eye on, like on the DL, and the spot beside Lawson at linebacker. It is vanilla in terms of what we'll see scheme wise, but it really is just how certain players perform that excites people.

Understandable, really depends on if you care about certain stuff in the game. I know for certain people are going to want to see the QB battle, and there's plenty of other battles for starting positions to keep an eye on, like on the DL, and the spot beside Lawson at linebacker. It is vanilla in terms of what we'll see scheme wise, but it really is just how certain players perform that excites people.
I really only care about the wins and losses during the season. I've been a fan for over 40 years, but I can't get much more involved than that.

@UAgrad93 around the 1:15 mark the video switches from the sled to QB drills. Watch the ball flight with #4 ... the nose of the football caught my eye with it pointing east, then west, then south on one pass. With me, a wobbly pass that's on target is one thing. I'm seeing what reminds me of a badly designed paper airplane.

I'd attribute that to mechanics. You?

@UAgrad93 around the 1:15 mark the video switches from the sled to QB drills. Watch the ball flight with #4 ... the nose of the football caught my eye with it pointing east, then west, then south on one pass. With me, a wobbly pass that's on target is one thing. I'm seeing what reminds me of a badly designed paper airplane.

Justice Haynes footwork in that RB drill was fast and CLEAN!!

Justice Haynes footwork in that RB drill was fast and CLEAN!!
Looks good. It wasn't what I was looking at with those guys.

This drill starts around 3:35. Jump back to that mark and and think about how we talk about a QB scrambling but keeping his eyes downfield. Now, look at their eyes in that drill. Haynes does look good; great form (good coaching.)

Looks good. It wasn't what I was looking at with those guys.

This drill starts around 3:35. Jump back to that mark and and think about how we talk about a QB scrambling but keeping his eyes downfield. Now, look at their eyes in that drill. Haynes does look good; great form (good coaching.)
I do see a little bit of what you were talking about on #4

I think what I see with Haynes in the RB drills is hip swivel…it’s almost like his upper body doesn’t move.

I don't know much about mechanics... Just looks to me like Simpson follows through with his whole upper body and Milroe has his weight back and relies on the arm strength. So when the ball gets past its apex it's more likely to float than drive through the air. Doubt it's that simple, but there is a real difference on where their weight is when the finish their throwing motion

MECHANICS!!! Grip, release point, step into the throw/stride.

Back
Top Bottom