| FTBL Spring Practice 2023: 2nd spring scrimmage set for Saturday at 1 CT

So did I. I hope to see Formby making a push this fall.
We're probably going to see some of Proctor as well. The grouping I mentioned here has been the "best five" so far this spring. Out of the seven or eight that have had eyes on practices this spring there's one impression I've gotten and I don't consider it to be a bad thing. I haven't asked this directly, but the feeling I have been left with is there's a lesser degree of separation in the 1's and 2's on the line than in the past.

Personally, I like the experience a guy like Dalcourt would bring at right guard. I'm not pointing to his experience at that position, but his experience working with Seth and to a degree Booker.

Dalcourt is better at Guard than at Center. If I remember correctly, he's better with run blocking. I just want the best 5 on the line, because they need to be able to punch the ball in at goal line. Georgia was #1 at 98 percent in that. Alabama #19 at 89 percent. It starts and ends with our OL there.

We were terrible in Time of possession. We have to improve that. I think if we limit so many 3 and outs, and extend drive several times a game. We can average 35 to 45 points a game. I don't see anyone that's going to pops out

So did I. I hope to see Formby making a push this fall.

I've been seeing him in a Taco Casa commercial!

A few pancake blocks and we have "Formby, a Finisher."

<I've never used Formby's ... all I can recall was it seemed expensive.>

51aPD9oJQRL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Annual Clinic is next week, Thursday thru Saturday. Friday and Saturday practices for those attending. I miss the crawfish boil!!! Coach Saban knows how to feed the guys!!! Still remember Mike Shula and his hamburger hot off the grill and thrown into a paper bag with a bag of chips and a Coke from the cooler.

@Brandon Van de Graaff , you laugh, but I’m being dead serious!!! Shula put it in over at the Bryant Conference Center. He only ran one speaker at a time with no mini sessions going on. At lunch, you were given a ticket when you checked in and this was your voucher for lunch. The line went down the hall and out a side door where someone was literally grilling the burgers. They handed you a piece of foil and a bun and you walked up to the grill and they put the patty on your bun. Little table held boxes of catsup, mayo, and mustard packets. You grabbed a brown paper bag then a bag of chips! Igloo coolers with Coke and Diet Coke only!! It was pitiful!!!

@Brandon Van de Graaff , you laugh, but I’m being dead serious!!! Shula put it in over at the Bryant Conference Center. He only ran one speaker at a time with no mini sessions going on. At lunch, you were given a ticket when you checked in and this was your voucher for lunch. The line went down the hall and out a side door where someone was literally grilling the burgers. They handed you a piece of foil and a bun and you walked up to the grill and they put the patty on your bun. Little table held boxes of catsup, mayo, and mustard packets. You grabbed a brown paper bag then a bag of chips! Igloo coolers with Coke and Diet Coke only!! It was pitiful!!!

Oh, I laughed because I know it was real. Sad thing is, they treated the players the same way... In the summer, the campus food places would close down for a period of time while students were away. The players of course were expected to be on campus for workouts... and at the time they depended on those places and were able to eat there with dining credits. When they were closed, the players were starving, many didn't have money on their own to eat elsewhere, go to the store, too far from home, etc. They complained about it to Shula and he agreed to provide them 1 meal a day. One.

Two weekends ago we had a little discussion about Lawson being out for the spring and which guys would "step up." He mentioned a few of the guys, including the transfers. I pointed out we needed to pay attention to Trez Marshall and Justin Jefferson. I thought it was noteworthy how Saban described the group pointing out Marshall as "doing a great job" and guys like Benson doing a "pretty good job."

I have to laugh a little when I hear these two guys are fast. HTT was fast; he just overran every damn thing when he got going. 🙃

One the tweets at the bottom of this post.

Milroe is still inconsistent passing the ball. We all know this is an area he's been working to improve. He has. There's a love/hate thought of an offense like Drink's, or Malzahn's, with Milroe taking the snaps.

@BamaFan334 shared a video of one of Milroe's passes this week. What's not shown is the interception he threw on the next rep.

He presents such a unique threat. I don't think it's news saying we don't have to worry about his ability to escape. He's the kind of QB we'd say "Bama needs to keep a spy on him" if he wasn't wearing Crimson. He's also the kind of guys we can say I don't think a spy can contain Milroe.

Another set of eyes mentioned how nice it was to see receivers—he mentioned three—getting open. Part of it was speed and part of it was scheme.

It was my opinion that part of the changes we'd see on offense was scheming receivers open versus how we were watching Bryce having to throw his receivers open. Saban mentioned the improvements he's seen with how Rees schemes his guys open.

It's good to hear ... makes this note about Ty serve as "a cherry on top."

I had to go searching for a minute. This is from March 3rd, last year.

Do you remember Miller from November? He was a late flip from Texas to Bama. Earlier I mentioned Henderson's speed. While Bama just lost speed with Camar Wheaton (10.79) leaving it's replacing that with Miller (10.70.) If you've seen his films you've he's got a quick burst and cuts really well. My opinion: keep an eye on him for '23...thinking he 'shirts this season.)
Jam. Damn. Cool thing is he's had some holes to run through; Jase and Justice as well.

On the eighth day God created too many adjectives so let's just say there was a discernible difference in the spirit of the offensive line. How's that for avoiding coach speak. 🙃

Back
Top Bottom