| FTBL Spring Practice 2023: 2nd spring scrimmage set for Saturday at 1 CT

Curious to how you know this? Maybe I have missed reports.... Hope it is the case.
Some sources who actually get to watch the practices. While they aren't willing to give out who the QB is or anything like that, they gave me some general feel as to what they're excited about.

Eric Wolford is known for installing/recruiting more of a physical o-line with a mean streak. Last year I think he was just unable to get those guys to buy-in and this year they're playing with a bit more physicality than we'd seen previously.

Also a few of the insider guys have mentioned it some this week also on podcasts and videos.

Some sources who actually get to watch the practices. While they aren't willing to give out who the QB is or anything like that, they gave me some general feel as to what they're excited about.

Eric Wolford is known for installing/recruiting more of a physical o-line with a mean streak. Last year I think he was just unable to get those guys to buy-in and this year they're playing with a bit more physicality than we'd seen previously.

Also a few of the insider guys have mentioned it some this week also on podcasts and videos.
Hmm.

@bamafan9201 isn't wrong. I'm not really into cliches like mean streak or seeing people talking about discipline and intensity. It's coaching speak, word salad ... we hear it annually.

But, this isn't really new news ... I know Brandon and I have talked about Wolf and the style of player he's been recruiting noting there's been a shift there. We talked about the staff wanting more of a run to set up the pass offense. We've looked at the backs, but haven't really delved into the lack of production we saw last year and the staff wanting more this season.

For all of that to work there has to be the mean streak 9201 is mentioning.

I've always been a G to G guy wanting a strong middle. I like the thought of Booker, Seth, and Dalcourt in the middle.

It's my early guess we'll see people talking about how well the offensive line looks after scrimmage #1. It'll lead to questions about the defensive line but that's another subject .

But, this isn't really new news ... I know Brandon and I have talked about Wolf and the style of player he's been recruiting noting there's been a shift there. We talked about the staff wanting more of a run to set up the pass offense. We've looked at the backs, but haven't really delved into the lack of production we saw last year and the staff wanting more this season.

Not easy to overhaul an OL overnight... not just in personnel, but with style/attitude... But after a full season, and now going through another spring, Wolford is getting it dialed in to where he envisioned it. Among other things, I don't see this unit struggling on 3rd and 1 to pick up that first down...

Not easy to overhaul an OL overnight... not just in personnel, but with style/attitude... But after a full season, and now going through another spring, Wolford is getting it dialed in to where he envisioned it. Among other things, I don't see this unit struggling on 3rd and 1 to pick up that first down...
Or 3rd and 3 for all that matters. How many times We've seen this past season where we couldn't pick up 1st down on 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2, and 3rd and 3... .

So, Malik Benson made lot of noise in offseason, but I'm curious if there is anyone who's making a Suprise rise to where they could make noise in fall camp? Often times, we've seen where people have shined in spring camp and then only to disappear in fall camp. (Holden)

So, Malik Benson made lot of noise in offseason, but I'm curious if there is anyone who's making a Suprise rise to where they could make noise in fall camp? Often times, we've seen where people have shined in spring camp and then only to disappear in fall camp. (Holden)

I heard Caleb Downs, Terrion Arnold, Kool-Aid, and Malachi Moore were holding down 1st string secondary. I take from that, that Downs and Moore are standing out.

Back
Top Bottom