| FTBL Spring Practice- 2021

Alabama football, Nick Saban have spring practice start date (tuscaloosanews.com)

Alabama football will begin spring football practice for the 2021 season Friday, March 19, according to a source with knowledge of the UA program.

UA has no spring break on its school calendar this year because of schedule changes made due to the coronavirus pandemic, so football practice will run uninterrupted until the A-Day Game already announced for April 17.

UA is expected to announce attendance policies for A-Day in the near future.

The Crimson Tide had no spring football or A-Day Game in 2020 due to coronavirus protocols. Access to this year’s 15 practice sessions (with the exception of A-Day) is expected to be restricted.

Alabama's 2021 spring practice schedule
Friday, March 19 — 3:30 p.m.

Monday, March 22— 3:30 p.m.

Wednesday, March 24 — 3:30 p.m.

Friday, March 26 —3:30 p.m.

Saturday, March 27— TBD

Tuesday, March 30 —3:30 p.m.

Thursday, April 1 —3:30 p.m.

Friday, April 2 —TBD

Monday, April 5 — 3:30 p.m.

Wednesday, April 7 — 3:30 p.m.

Friday, April 9 — 3:30 p.m.

Saturday, April 10 —TBD (Bryant-Denny)

Tuesday, April 13 — 3:30 p.m.

Thursday, April 15 — 3:30 p.m.

*Saturday, April 17 — TBD (Bryant-Denny)

*A-Day Game

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna need this time,
Yes. Here's a little of what I've learned over the last few weeks.

The foundation of the offense is being put in place now through film study. O'Brien doesn't believe they'll have the entire offense installed this spring and doesn't see the need. It's all about knowing where they are going with their offensive philosophy.

The concept of what they'll be doing this fall is changing a bit; some due to personnel and some due to what fits O'Brien's offensive style. In simpler terms where we saw the team score on four possessions last year, we'll see that in seven this season. The term I've heard used on a few occasions is "deliberate."

The one side note to this I find interesting. We're looking at watching a defense that has some quality experience in all three units as well as depth. It's one that should be able to stay on the field, and fresh, in the fourth quarter. And now we're also looking at an offensive approach that'll keep them off the field longer.

I'm hearing a lot of great things from the players side. I appreciate how it's being relayed. When you have someone teaching something new while explaining "we're doing it this way because..." AND the students/players like and relate to how it's being broken down? There's your foundation.

Yes. Here's a little of what I've learned over the last few weeks.

The foundation of the offense is being put in place now through film study. O'Brien doesn't believe they'll have the entire offense installed this spring and doesn't see the need. It's all about knowing where they are going with their offensive philosophy.

The concept of what they'll be doing this fall is changing a bit; some due to personnel and some due to what fits O'Brien's offensive style. In simpler terms where we saw the team score on four possessions last year, we'll see that in seven this season. The term I've heard used on a few occasions is "deliberate."

The one side note to this I find interesting. We're looking at watching a defense that has some quality experience in all three units as well as depth. It's one that should be able to stay on the field, and fresh, in the fourth quarter. And now we're also looking at an offensive approach that'll keep them off the field longer.

I'm hearing a lot of great things from the players side. I appreciate how it's being relayed. When you have someone teaching something new while explaining "we're doing it this way because..." AND the students/players like and relate to how it's being broken down? There's your foundation.

They trying to minimize possessions to keep opponents from going on runs and sticking with us, working to keep a fresh defense, or is it just O'Brien's offensive look?

Can this young gun help us out in the secondary.....we'll see

Alabama’s newest Mr. Football, Ga’Quincy McKinstry, looks ahead to Tide future - al.com

Pinson Valley coach Sam Shade knows a little something about playing football at Alabama.

A member of the 1992 national championship game who later played defensive back for eight years in the NFL, Shade helped tutor Mr. Football and Alabama early enrollee Ga’Quincy “Kool-Aid” McKinstry during the Indians’ 2020 run to the Class 6A state title.

“He should have a pretty good college career in Tuscaloosa,” Shade said.

2021 SEC spring football: Six key questions and storylines to follow as practices get underway - CBSSports.com

Some Bama info as well as other teams.

Saw this on the rant

quote:
Alabama hasn't updated its roster, and probably won't until Friday, but here are some expected jersey numbers for the newcomers.

James Brockermeyer -- 58
Tommy Brockermeyer -- 76
Jacorey Brooks -- 7
Caden Clark 87
Terrence Ferguson -- 69
Monkell Goodwine -- 95
Agiye Hall -- 17
Ian Jackson -- 36
Keanu Koht -- 19
JC Latham -- 65
Deontae Lawson -- 32
Christian Leary -- 12
Ga’Quincy McKinstry -- 1
Jalen Milroe -- 15
Robbie Ouzts -- 45
Milroe - 15
Tyson - 17.............Make note
Hall - 87

Last edited:
Alabama Football's Golden Flake A-Day Game Set for April 17 - University of Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The University of Alabama, in conjunction with the Southeastern Conference, announced Wednesday that the 2021 Golden Flake A-Day Spring Football Game will be played on Saturday, April 17. The game will kick off at 12 p.m. CT and will be televised on ESPN.

The annual A-Day Game is the 15th and final practice of the spring and takes place at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Additional details on A-Day will be announced when they become available.

Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom