| FTBL šŸˆ Spring camp, 2022: A-day Saturday at 2 CT

Ty carried his HS team to the state title. The 2 games I went and watched, against very strong teams, he was scrambling right from the snap. But made sound decisions and could put the ball wherever he wanted. Seldom got the chance to stand in the pocket and chuck one so he learned to throw from the run and was very good at it. Beat HS pass Iā€™ve ever seen, he was escaping 3 rushers had his back to the LOS, got a sliver of space, turned around and hit a guy in stride at the 5 for a TD. Ball was thrown from his own 45ā€¦
I said this a few weeks ago but Tyā€™s the best high school QB Iā€™ve seen play in person in a long time. Itā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™m not sweating whether Arch ends up at Bama. Typically, HS QBā€™s find a wide open receiver and as such theyā€™re not often putting passes in tight windows. The games I saw, several times Ty put passes right on the money to well covered receivers ā€¦ and I know the recruiting ā€œexpertsā€ said he only has average arm strength but his passes all had zip on them from where I sat. Of course, I didnā€™t see him at any showcase events with only elite QBā€™s invited. So, perhaps in comparison to the competition he appeared to be ā€œaverageā€ ā€¦ and thatā€™s not bad! Mac had average arm strength and he dominated SEC defenses on the way to the NC.

JMO ..Milroe will not be at Bama come September. I am sure Nick is going to do everything he can to keep Jalen some what happy for you need 3 QB's that can play but you're going to have a difficult time keeping 3.
I agree he will probably transfer at some point but it seems to me that if he doesnā€™t transfer before summer he might as well wait until early next year. Iā€™m not as worried about Ty if he somehow doesnā€™t get the backup role. He has stated he will bide his time like Mac did ā€¦ and I sure hope he meant it.

Good info

Good stuff! Thanks.

If accurate a few of those things were interesting.

-First, tough to see T. Brock with the 3's... Was hoping he could push for that spot this fall.
-Love hearing J. Miller turning heads already... His running style is a personal favorite.
-The fact that Randolph is starting at LT and Latham still at RT might tip the cap a little in terms of what @TerryP has said about the Vandy kid coming in to play LT. Or maybe Latham is just that comfortable at RT... Either way, I'm personally a bit happy to see Randolph pushing for a real spot... He's been a great piece of the puzzle for many years.
-We say it every year but this looks like a special pass rushing group! Anderson/Turner/Braswell and some youngsters behind them.
-I like the idea of Lawson & Moody competing for a spot, should make both better! And both have some time on campus, should play fast!
-Was surprised to hear @TerryP not that Burroughs was in the starting line up this Spring... To be out there with that pass rush line up, he may be "next up" in that big time prospect convo. Expecting big things from him now... Along with Smith & Young... They should be fantastic

RTR

Good stuff! Thanks.

If accurate a few of those things were interesting.

-First, tough to see T. Brock with the 3's... Was hoping he could push for that spot this fall.
-Love hearing J. Miller turning heads already... His running style is a personal favorite.
-The fact that Randolph is starting at LT and Latham still at RT might tip the cap a little in terms of what @TerryP has said about the Vandy kid coming in to play LT. Or maybe Latham is just that comfortable at RT... Either way, I'm personally a bit happy to see Randolph pushing for a real spot... He's been a great piece of the puzzle for many years.
-We say it every year but this looks like a special pass rushing group! Anderson/Turner/Braswell and some youngsters behind them.
-I like the idea of Lawson & Moody competing for a spot, should make both better! And both have some time on campus, should play fast!
-Was surprised to hear @TerryP not that Burroughs was in the starting line up this Spring... To be out there with that pass rush line up, he may be "next up" in that big time prospect convo. Expecting big things from him now... Along with Smith & Young... They should be fantastic

RTR

Latham has only played football for like three years. He was a basketball guy if my memory serves me correctly. He was the #3 ranked prospect based on his rawness and still being dominant at that point of playing football. He still has so much room to grow.

Burroughs had a good scrimmage Saturday before last and caught people's attention several times yesterday.

We've briefly talked about Oatis over the last week. He did well yesterday on run downs.

As mentioned Latham, as well as Keenan, Goodwine, and Eboigbe...several defensive linemen were turning heads yesterday in run and passing downs.

First, tough to see T. Brock with the 3's...
Tommy was in the "medical tent" early on Saturday: hard to get a lot of reps when you're hurting. It's not as if he's been "stuck" running with the 3's all spring: like every spring they've shuffled guys.

What stuck out to me is the two guys working with the 2's at tackles (Kight and Booker) in the scrimmage last week were the same two running with the 2's yesterday.

A position that's caught my attention is RG with the 2's. Does George keep his position there or do we see Roberts take that role: he's pushing George (I suspect experience rules in the end.)

Good info

I'm looking for the "good info" in this link and I have to guess you clicked on one of the ads and found some?

The only thing that we've learned from this piece is who they had returning punts and kick-offs in this scrimmage. The chances of these guys being the main guys in kicking situations is still undetermined.

Burroughs had a good scrimmage Saturday before last and caught people's attention several times yesterday.

We've briefly talked about Oatis over the last week. He did well yesterday on run downs.

As mentioned Latham, as well as Keenan, Goodwine, and Eboigbe...several defensive linemen were turning heads yesterday in run and passing downs.

Tommy was in the "medical tent" early on Saturday: hard to get a lot of reps when you're hurting. It's not as if he's been "stuck" running with the 3's all spring: like every spring they've shuffled guys.

What stuck out to me is the two guys working with the 2's at tackles (Kight and Booker) in the scrimmage last week were the same two running with the 2's yesterday.

A position that's caught my attention is RG with the 2's. Does George keep his position there or do we see Roberts take that role: he's pushing George (I suspect experience rules in the end.)

I'm so far behind on these new additions... But Roberts looks like a really nice guard prospect. Great size & frame. Glad to see George moving inside, ultimately just not sure if he has the athleticism to hold down a spot for the long term. Obviously the staff likes him if they played him in big moments last year... So he's right there.

I'm so far behind on these new additions... But Roberts looks like a really nice guard prospect. Great size & frame. Glad to see George moving inside, ultimately just not sure if he has the athleticism to hold down a spot for the long term. Obviously the staff likes him if they played him in big moments last year... So he's right there.
Roberts played both inside and outside (RT) when he was in high school: there's versatility there. He's got the size and frame (same build as Evan Neal) to play LT as well, but his skill set is suited more to playing inside.

Glad to see George moving inside, ultimately just not sure if he has the athleticism to hold down a spot for the long term.
Bryce will be under pressure all season if they're left with George and Randolph starting. Both have been great members of the team but don't look like they've got the talent to go any farther than college ball.

I'm looking for the "good info" in this link
This left me shaking my head...couldn't muster a laugh though it's there.

A new defensive wrinkle

Alabama's defense appears to be drawing up new ways to keep opposing offensive coordinators up at night. Saturdayā€™s scrimmage included a new formation that features five-star pass rushers Will Anderson Jr., Dallas Turner and Chris Braswell on the field at the same time out of a six-defensive-back set.

The setup calls for Anderson and Braswell to essentially play as defensive ends with defensive tackle Jamil Burroughs in the middle of the defensive line. Behind that trio, Turner lines up next to Mike linebacker Henry-Toā€™o Toā€™o as a stand-up linebacker where he is generally called on to blitz up the middle.

This is Alabama's rabbit package: a part of the defense for years!

Back
Top Bottom