| FTBL Some Tidebites I got in email this morning from BamaK

The Will Wade audio and everything surrounding Petino doesn't make you think that? Even with Joe Paterno turning his head, those are three examples of coaches knowing and actively participating in wrong doings.

Honestly, I haven't seen/heard the Will Wade stuff yet. Im not going to say there might be exceptions but I just dont think this a widespread thing. I dont consider the Paterno stuff to be the same thing either.

Honestly, I haven't seen/heard the Will Wade stuff yet. Im not going to say there might be exceptions but I just dont think this a widespread thing. I dont consider the Paterno stuff to be the same thing either.

I only added that to show bad negative impacts are going on with head coaches knowing.

The Will Wade conversation Terry posted. Pretty blatant.

The bullshit blanket answer that everyone does it so it’s ok is just that..bullshit.

Bama hasn’t needed to and does not buy players. Those who have had sons that spoke to their coaches or that got recruited can attest. The fact Saban never has gotten a team on probation should be a clue. The fact he separated boosters from the program first thing when he got there and maintains a one voice approach so he has total control.. should tell you something. He try’s to recruit specific players who are talented and driven. Offers them a chance to compete,a path and plan to graduate 3 years and the best training and facilities available to try to get to the NFL in 3 years. If you redshirt and stay you have a chance to leave with your masters, still get the best training and exposure that you can get if you still have professional aspirations, if not, you walk away with a Masters degree from an excellent university, great connections for the future and some awesome memories. For the kid Saban tries to recruit that is enough. For parents who genuinely care about their child’s best interests there could be no better offer.

The bullshit blanket answer that everyone does it so it’s ok is just that..bullshit.

Bama hasn’t needed to and does not buy players. Those who have had sons that spoke to their coaches or that got recruited can attest. The fact Saban never has gotten a team on probation should be a clue. The fact he separated boosters from the program first thing when he got there and maintains a one voice approach so he has total control.. should tell you something. He try’s to recruit specific players who are talented and driven. Offers them a chance to compete,a path and plan to graduate 3 years and the best training and facilities available to try to get to the NFL in 3 years. If you redshirt and stay you have a chance to leave with your masters, still get the best training and exposure that you can get if you still have professional aspirations, if not, you walk away with a Masters degree from an excellent university, great connections for the future and some awesome memories. For the kid Saban tries to recruit that is enough. For parents who genuinely care about their child’s best interests there could be no better offer.

All fine and dandy to lay it out like that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You, myself, everyone here and everyone else has no idea what happens behind closed doors. Every recruit is different. I think you are naive to think even our pride and joy Alabama hasn't paid a player. Plenty of wanna be bigshots that will mouth off about certain things to try and sound like they have access. Enough that I know what they are saying is true, but pathetic that they are doing it to impress folks as if they have access to the program like I stated.

That being said, I'm not saying Saban cuts deals personally. I'm saying a guy like Saban knows what's going on around him. Why you think certain guys that Auburn folks made a fuss about got a public reprimand?

Last edited:
I guess they played up a rags to riches storyline for the draft?
That clip is from SEC Media Days, 2013, just after the story about Johnny Manziel oversleeping at the Manning camp broke...if you'll recall, a lot of backhanded comments were made about Johnny's family money leading to the way he was living/acting. This was the "tear down time" for Manziel after his build up in 2012's Heisman year.

Dauphin Island Parkway (DIP)
facepalm.jpg

He did...lawn company as I recall.
Correct fireman are typically 24 on and 48 off and most have separate careers or businesses to supliment that income. My stepfather retired from the fire department and ran a successful contracting business during the rest of the time using off duty fireman who were electricians, carpenters and plumbers to do the work. It gave the homeowner peace of mind of who they were allowing in their home and they paid a little more for that security. I have another friend , who is a fireman, That operates an inflatables/ kid entertainment businesses on the side. Again parents trust him to be safe and protect their property. I believe he does much more money in his “side business” than at the station.

Back
Top Bottom