| FTBL Some Tidebites I got in email this morning from BamaK

IMO, if it's happening through any coach, the head coach has to know about it. The dirty coaches aren't pulling money out of their pocket. Some alumni or booster is funding it. Why? To be in good graces with the HC and the program. Funneling money through an assistant coach won't help their efforts.

Watch "Da U, Part 2" and you'll see the mass corruption of athletes that went on at Miami. Boosters do it to have access to the entire program and to have access to these athletes for when they get out of college and make it big. Then these boosters love to feel and act like family and come calling whether it be for business or just to show who they know and what kind of access they have. Democrat political figure Donna Shalala was the president at Miami and knowingly took funds from a booster that was paying off the athletes and corrupt. Not just head coaches involved, it's everyone in some situations. This goes on everywhere. Not saying to this level, but a lot of these big time recruits make more in a year than any of us on this site, six figures I'm talking.

Cars are easy, I know that most of the chargers in Tuscaloosa had a descent down payment. The payments are differed for 4 years. Most of them where purchased in daphne. A kid I coached uses his pale grant and stipends for an Escalade, and still sends his grand parents almost $1000 a month. It’s pretty significant what this kid gets, he grew up dirt poor and is a rock solid kid. He had the option to defer his payments but said he Could handle the payments...

There is a vetting process through compliance for every athletes vehicle. Compliance requires proof of down payments origin.

Dre and the Charger...good Lord the bullshit with that one.

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure AJ McCarron was raised with no money, but he was driving around a $30-40,000 Tahoe while at Alabama with wheels and everything.

Not sure what it equates to, but really unsure how a college kid with no job and no credit could afford a car most working middle class Americans can/can't barely afford. Pell Grant money isn't the answer to every car, tattoos, watches, shoe collection, gaming systems, or television.

You're just a deep thinker...mine was a play on typos.

Not sure what it equates to, but really unsure how a college kid with no job and no credit could afford a car most working middle class Americans can/can't barely afford. Pell Grant money isn't the answer to every car, tattoos, watches, shoe collection, gaming systems, or television.
How much does a pell grant give them per month? How much is a 30,000 car loan over 5 - 7 years? What other expenses do these kids have?

Working middle class Americans have to pay for food, housing, medical and kids.... so I could easily see why they couldn't afford a 30k car note.... but a kid on a full ride and a pell grant most likely could fairly easily.

How much does a pell grant give them per month? How much is a 30,000 car loan over 5 - 7 years? What other expenses do these kids have?

Working middle class Americans have to pay for food, housing, medical and kids.... so I could easily see why they couldn't afford a 30k car note.... but a kid on a full ride and a pell grant most likely could fairly easily.

Mine was like $2,000 a semester if I remember correctly, so that equates to roughly $400 a month. He may not have room and board, had most of his food paid, but he also did not have any income. I highly doubt every drink he got at the bar was free, he probably went on dates, and I know he wasn't eating at the school cafeteria every meal. He has insurance on a nice vehicle, full coverage on a loan, maintenance, and fuel on bigger vehicle can get up there. The entire point I was making is that it happens even within our program. I don't know each kid's financial background, but I have enough years on me to know the numbers don't add up a lot of the time. Hell, one of our coaches got busted for paying for the car repairs of a player, didn't he? Isn't that what Bo Davis got fired for, getting caught and lying about it?

"The maximum Pell Grant for the 2017-18 award year is $5,920. The amount of the grant depends on your financial need and other factors, including the amount of time you attend college (whether a full academic year or less, and whether you attend full-time or part-time)." From a quick Google search. Also, this was before stipends if I'm not mistaken.

Mine was like $2,000 a semester if I remember correctly, so that equates to roughly $400 a month. He may not have room and board, had most of his food paid, but he also did not have any income. I highly doubt every drink he got at the bar was free, he probably went on dates, and I know he wasn't eating at the school cafeteria every meal. He has insurance on a nice vehicle, full coverage on a loan, maintenance, and fuel on bigger vehicle can get up there. The entire point I was making is that it happens even within our program. I don't know each kid's financial background, but I have enough years on me to know the numbers don't add up a lot of the time. Hell, one of our coaches got busted for paying for the car repairs of a player, didn't he? Isn't that what Bo Davis got fired for, getting caught and lying about it?

"The maximum Pell Grant for the 2017-18 award year is $5,920. The amount of the grant depends on your financial need and other factors, including the amount of time you attend college (whether a full academic year or less, and whether you attend full-time or part-time)." From a quick Google search. Also, this was before stipends if I'm not mistaken.

You're assuming his parents gave him Zero money too... as for the food... the dining table for athletes is pretty damn good. I doubt he's missing too many free meals.

I don't know what the kids are doing to get the money to buy cars... but if it was nefarious, it would be one of the easiest things the NCAA could investigate, so I highly doubt that illegal car buying is rampant among recruits. It wouldn't surprise in the least if kids were getting money from boosters, but just remember if UGA and LSU are doing it... well, I would wager we are too.

You're assuming his parents gave him Zero money too... as for the food... the dining table for athletes is pretty damn good. I doubt he's missing too many free meals.

I don't know what the kids are doing to get the money to buy cars... but if it was nefarious, it would be one of the easiest things the NCAA could investigate, so I highly doubt that illegal car buying is rampant among recruits. It wouldn't surprise in the least if kids were getting money from boosters, but just remember if UGA and LSU are doing it... well, I would wager we are too.

Well there is definitely some assumptions going on from my end, but most Pell Grant recipients don't have parents giving them much money. Mine gave me $20 here and maybe $10 there when I'd come home, but I had to get a job to survive.

Not sure how it works in other states, but in Florida you can get more $$ if you are diagnosed with ADHD as a kid...
I’m sure there is other diagnosis than can get you more, but I know several people in the “education system” here that use that little trick.
In Georgia if you are shorter than 4’11” you get more $$ also... that’s a little off topic but I figured I’d throw that in for good measure

Not really sure why folks are naive to think this isn't going on to very high degrees. Not sure why my simple story of bribing local business owners in Athens isn't taken serious. Especially when they are holding evidence from law enforcement.

As far as those thinking a player can't keep quiet about $100,000, look no further than how the parent's bills are getting paid, vehicles, things of that nature. This isn't something new. The movie Blue Chips in the 90's is kiddy shit now.

When I say I take it with a grain of salt, what I'm saying is that I do not believe that coaches/schools are going around handing goes 100K to come to their school or even facilitating it. Do I believe that there are people out there giving/offering money to athletes? Of course I do but I also believe it happens at virtually every single school. I will say there are very likely certain coaches that look the other way but the implication of "the dirtiest programs/schools" is that they are actively participating. I dont buy that.

When I say I take it with a grain of salt, what I'm saying is that I do not believe that coaches/schools are going around handing goes 100K to come to their school or even facilitating it. Do I believe that there are people out there giving/offering money to athletes? Of course I do but I also believe it happens at virtually every single school. I will say there are very likely certain coaches that look the other way but the implication of "the dirtiest programs/schools" is that they are actively participating. I dont buy that.

The Will Wade audio and everything surrounding Petino doesn't make you think that? Even with Joe Paterno turning his head, those are three examples of coaches knowing and actively participating in wrong doings.

Back
Top Bottom