| FTBL Some Tidebites I got in email this morning from BamaK

18Champs

Does anyone actually know who this guy is? Here is what I got this morning.

I'm stuck here at home for at least a couple of weeks like many of you so I thought I'd share info primarily from this past recruiting season. Much of it couldn't be shared real time but what might be interesting is:

QB:

-I'm told Tua was set to return but contrary to his public comments, his Dad wouldn't relent until he changed his mind. It was a downer at the time but considering the family had over 20 extended family members who had accompanied the immediate family to Alabama jumbled into apartments there was just too much pressure to not risk additional injury. Also, I'm told he is projected to be the most marketable incoming face in the NFL with potential off-field earnings approaching $10M annually.

-As I alluded in a previous post, Bryce Young and his parents had made a secret visit to T-town over the summer and had given a private pledge. I'm told they had family members who worked at USC and the process of a de-commitment had to be handled in a certain way. I stand by my previous comment that there are prominent people in the Complex projecting him in the Tua category. One senior staffer has made the remark to multiple people at different times. Only time will tell if he's right!

-Most people expect Mac Jones to be the initial starter but as in the Blake Barnett/Jalen situation and others it will depend on how a game or the season is flowing. It will be determined on the field and there are no predictions on my part.

RB:

-One of the most misunderstood areas I've seen on this and other forums concerns Brian Robinson. I was told there were some internally excited that Robinson would get his shot when Najee was considering leaving. They believe he has the talent but needs more opportunities and is better than what has been shown thus far. We are loaded like no other program at RB right now and hopefully the hometown kid sticks it out.

WR:

-There were no ranked 5 stars signed but I'm told we like the group brought in. Many have asked about our tallest guy, Tyrell Shavers and it seems that he lacks confidence and for now, pad speed. We know we have 2 elite guys returning and will need to develop others. T. Jones-Bell is considered the most explosive and talented incoming WR and Xavier Williams is a returning guy to watch make a move.

TE:

-I'll be blunt in stating the top 2 prospects on our Board were lost to serious $$. Word is LSU cut a deal with Gilbert and assured him they would top whatever UGA threw at him and add more if he assisted in securing LB, Phillip Webb. As for Darnell Washington, the kid had a fiance & kid (s) and was already gone well before NSD. I'm told his package was well over $100K from UGA. Gilbert was our solid top option and we'll just have to fill that area in the current Class.

OL:

-There are no huge names in the small group but look out for AU flip, Cohen, to be a valuable kid who can possibly be a versatile OG/OT guy. I won't waste your time with the probable starting OL expected which TI & others have already posted. This is a huge year in replenishing this group especially at OT.

DL:

-It was obvious the McKinley Jackson deal was just a dog & pony show down the stretch because TAMU did what they had to do months ago. His situation was maybe the most comical because early in the process OM had evidently tried to cut a deal with the bait of getting his Dad out of jail. The ironic aspect of the people in his inner circle is that it included former UA DB, Alonzo Lawrence, who even boasted about it on social media.

-Another DL situation involved LSU signee, Jacquelin Roy, who was all set to flip again from them but was headed off by Orgeron. I'm told there was the understanding that another flip to their most hated rival would also require relocation out of the area but it never happened.

-I don't think we would trade signee, Tim Smith, for any interior DL in the country in a year where that position was stacked with a lot of guys that will go to the next level. As for Smith, an interesting aspect to his development is that Baseball was his first sport and as an early teen he attended a Dodgers Camp with his team. Word is that at the Camp he hit 7 out of 10 balls for home runs and that his coaches believe hitting a baseball helped in his flexibility later on as a DL. They say in HS the kid eventually became a student of the game of football and when walking in the hallways would practice DL techniques. He was sold on Bama's track record of developing 3 and out guys such as Quinnen Williams. He is expected to be dominant with good health!

LB:

-The biggest miss was LSU signee, Phillip Webb, who I'm told was the top HS position player we evaluated regardless of his 4 star ranking. As for the other studs we signed, we are beyond ecstatic and watch for Kennedy who they call a freak athlete and the top kid regardless of position in early workouts, Drew Sanders. If Sanders can be convinced to get up to that 275 lb range as TI has posted, he could have a Bosa-like potential. Also, ILB, Jackson Bratton, has been turning heads in early workouts. Though not quite at the level of Sanders, Will Anderson has been as advertised.

DB:

-They think Juco DB, Williams, is a stud and once he gets comfortable in our complicated system will make a name for himself.

Note: many kids such as Braswell, McClellan and others weren't mentioned but as a whole this Class has a chance to be special.

Dirtiest Program Ranking:

1. UGA
2. LSU
3. TAMU (Jackson probably gave their people mojo going forward)

I hope for those of you like myself seeking a sports distraction this provided a little.

As always, I hope this helps.........................

-I don't think we would trade signee, Tim Smith, for any interior DL in the country in a year where that position was stacked with a lot of guys that will go to the next level.

100% agree! I agree with him re: Jones-Bell as well.

Does anyone actually know who this guy is? Here is what I got this morning.
Reggie, whose last name escapes me at the moment . I can't remember the exact year but I remember it was in the late 90's I first met him...20+ years now.

Reggie has his own contacts but also has been known to publish news bits that Rodney wants shared but doesn't want it linked back to TI. If you read what Reggie is pointing to here with UGA and LSU, you'll see where it was mentioned a few days ago by Rodney himself.

See this thread.

Great post and I love the dirt and inside information. I wish we could hammer Georgia to the wall. I have personal information about Georgia attempting to buying off a friend of ours that owns a bar in Athens to get their safety off the hook last Fall. He did not accept any payment, but he did keep the video of the altercation in his bar from the police. Shady shee going on in Athens.

If we miss on a few big names because we do not use other mean$ I am fine with that. Nick Saban has said no one person is worth two scholarships. We can add to that and say no signing cla$$ is worth the program. It doesn't roll off the tongue but I am cool with it.

-They think Juco DB, Williams, is a stud and once he gets comfortable in our complicated system will make a name for himself.

Obviously I take all of this stuff with a tiny grain of salt (and I roll my eyes at the "dirtiest programs" stuff) but this always catches my eye. At what point does Saban decide to make wholesale changes in regards to the defense? I get that "preparing players for the next level" is a selling point that is massive and the complicated defense is part of that but you shoot yourself in the foot at the college level when you need young guys to be able to step in and contribute. Simplify things, get these athletes out there reacting instead of having to think so much. Got a guy that is really football smart? Awesome give him more responsibilities in the defense but for every Rolando McClain or CJ Mosley's there will be a dozen Ben Davis and Benton's.

Bowlhead stroking checks in Athens. I would luv for him slip up and get caught.

I agree on Williams at DB watching his video he has excellent ball skills.

Last edited:
@BamaBoyJosh @OldPlayer

doubt what you will but I'll assure you of one thing, what's posted in this thread from Reggie and what was posted a few days ago with Rodney's comments...they are not the only ones pointing to what's going on at LSU and UGA.

"We'll give you 25K more than what UGA offers" isn't made up. It is as factual as the story I shared several years ago about Ole Miss when I said they were "doing 65 through a school zone."

What's going on at LSU right now is exactly what happened at Ole Miss. It's not ironic. It's no coincidence. What was learned at one school was taken to another. (It's no different than their basketball program in a sense.)

What's happening with UGA was forewarned. I pointed to their booster network getting back in the game when Kirby was hired. We saw it with Mo, and now we're seeing it at full speed.

I don't care for the insinuation that the sole reason a recruit was lost was money...but, when we've seen kids make their decision based on work environment vs having fun?

Obviously I take all of this stuff with a tiny grain of salt (and I roll my eyes at the "dirtiest programs" stuff) but this always catches my eye. At what point does Saban decide to make wholesale changes in regards to the defense? I get that "preparing players for the next level" is a selling point that is massive and the complicated defense is part of that but you shoot yourself in the foot at the college level when you need young guys to be able to step in and contribute. Simplify things, get these athletes out there reacting instead of having to think so much. Got a guy that is really football smart? Awesome give him more responsibilities in the defense but for every Rolando McClain or CJ Mosley's there will be a dozen Ben Davis and Benton's.

Our JUCO signings have been mostly misses in recent history. The 1 saving grace was Buggs...

Here are the others:

-Elliot Baker
-Tevita Musika
-Savion Smith
-Charles Baldwin
-Jonathan Taylor

Reed, Pettway, and Dom Jackson were all JUCO dudes I believe in 1 class (Pettway is a little different). Those were the good old days!

so I don't doubt any of this is going on, especially at Jawja, but if Kirby is dirty now, was he dirty when with us? I mean I know Saban wouldn't allow it, but could he (Kirby Dumb) have slipped something past him?

so I don't doubt any of this is going on, especially at Jawja, but if Kirby is dirty now, was he dirty when with us? I mean I know Saban wouldn't allow it, but could he (Kirby Dumb) have slipped something past him?

IMO, if it's happening through any coach, the head coach has to know about it. The dirty coaches aren't pulling money out of their pocket. Some alumni or booster is funding it. Why? To be in good graces with the HC and the program. Funneling money through an assistant coach won't help their efforts.

@BamaBoyJosh @OldPlayer

doubt what you will but I'll assure you of one thing, what's posted in this thread from Reggie and what was posted a few days ago with Rodney's comments...they are not the only ones pointing to what's going on at LSU and UGA.

"We'll give you 25K more than what UGA offers" isn't made up. It is as factual as the story I shared several years ago about Ole Miss when I said they were "doing 65 through a school zone."

What's going on at LSU right now is exactly what happened at Ole Miss. It's not ironic. It's no coincidence. What was learned at one school was taken to another. (It's no different than their basketball program in a sense.)

What's happening with UGA was forewarned. I pointed to their booster network getting back in the game when Kirby was hired. We saw it with Mo, and now we're seeing it at full speed.

I don't care for the insinuation that the sole reason a recruit was lost was money...but, when we've seen kids make their decision based on work environment vs having fun?

Not really sure why folks are naive to think this isn't going on to very high degrees. Not sure why my simple story of bribing local business owners in Athens isn't taken serious. Especially when they are holding evidence from law enforcement.

As far as those thinking a player can't keep quiet about $100,000, look no further than how the parent's bills are getting paid, vehicles, things of that nature. This isn't something new. The movie Blue Chips in the 90's is kiddy shit now.

Back
Top Bottom