| FTBL So who plays OSU for the trophy now?

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
Big_Fan said:
Porterhouse said:
UGA?
Oklahoma (if they go on to win tonight)?
LSU?
Virginia Tech?

I'm gonna guess UGA or OU... man this season has been crazy. If I had to pick one, I guess UGA?

If OU could play for the NC without winning the Big 12, surely UGA can do it from the SEC. They were the best team in the SEC at the end of the season.

Yeah given the way UGA has progressed throughout the season I would have to give them my vote over LSU. Not to mention I'm a firm pollster in the sense that the ranking should mean something. Right now UGA is 4th and the 1st and 2nd ranked teams have lost so....they should be there if the ranking means anything at all.

Unfortunately things didn't work out to where OSU would be out of the championship game. Had they worked out I wouldn't have cared if they put Praire View in there against Mizzou or WestVa.

I'm rooting for anyone right now over OSU. This is a big sham.

Rant on

LSU vs Tennessee embarrassed me as an SEC fan today. Everyone knows Tennessee's deffense isnt the best ever, yet their offense; and RP, Flynn or not, those guys are supposed to be THE talented team, they shouldve been able to run for a good win, but only moved the ball to score 13 points. Th 3 best players on the team are injured (Flynn, Doucet[who may be back in soon], and Dorsey [whos future is being jepordized every down he plays])

LSU cant play man on man right, they are probably about to lose their DC on top of that. The team has no discipline, they commit stupid penalties they should know better than to do.

Here's a summary of why I dont want LSU to play.

Unless Dorsey gets better and puts the team on his back along with Flynn, I dont see them winning the game as it stands right now. LSU came out flat for a freaking championship game, as an SEC fan, I dont want them to represent me. They are great underachievers, that about sums their season. I dont want luck to send LSU to a championship.

And another thing to chew on, if UGA hadnt stumbled early and lost to Tennessee, LSU would have been playing a team with an equal record to LSU, and there is no doubt in my mind that they would have killed them today.

So no to LSU, I would rather have a more solid team go to the NC.

And bank this, if it had been Alabama underachieving today and in the same spot, id feel the same way about them.

OK, rant off.

EDIT : I know there are a ton of errors, but i wrote this quick and is it came to mind

joeman546 said:
Rant on

LSU vs Tennessee embarrassed me as an SEC fan today. Everyone knows Tennessee's deffense isnt the best ever, yet their offense; and RP, Flynn or not, those guys are supposed to be THE talented team, they shouldve been able to run for a good win, but only moved the ball to score 13 points. Th 3 best players on the team are injured (Flynn, Doucet[who may be back in soon], and Dorsey [whos future is being jepordized every down he plays])

LSU cant play man on man right, they are probably about to lose their DC on top of that. The team has no discipline, they commit stupid penalties they should know better than to do.

Here's a summary of why I dont want LSU to play.

Unless Dorsey gets better and puts the team on his back along with Flynn, I dont see them winning the game as it stands right now. LSU came out flat for a freaking championship game, as an SEC fan, I dont want them to represent me. They are great underachievers, that about sums their season. I dont want luck to send LSU to a championship.

And another thing to chew on, if UGA hadnt stumbled early and lost to Tennessee, LSU would have been playing a team with an equal record to LSU, and there is no doubt in my mind that they would have killed them today.

So no to LSU, I would rather have a more solid team go to the NC.

And bank this, if it had been Alabama underachieving today and in the same spot, id feel the same way about them.

OK, rant off.

EDIT : I know there are a ton of errors, but i wrote this quick and is it came to mind

Amen! LSU have already blown two opportunities while #1 this season. Heck, they are three plays away from being a 5-loss team. They do not deserve to be in the NC game. I see at least 3 other teams that are better than them: Georgia, Oklahoma, and Southern Cal.

Its bad that Ohio State gets another shot at getting embarrassed, and that is exactly what is gonna happen if they play one of the three aforementioned teams.

LSU would be the weakest of those four opponents for Ohio State and provide the closest (similar) level of competition against the Buckeyes.

I think UGA deserves a shot at OSU. Let's face it, this is the weakest attempt at crowning a NC that's ever been.

If I had it my way, it would be USC vs Illinois for the title. Hopefully, that will the the Rose Bowl match-up.

BigSteve said:
Also, it has taken 6 overtimes for LSU to lose. Georgia just loss....period. If Alabama was in the same position, you guys would be singing a different tune.

Actually it took six blowouts and several close wins to make it this far. If Bama was in this position, I would probably want them to go... but I KNOW it wouldn't be pretty. LSU would get a whoopin' put on them with all these injuries. They're a good team, but Georgia is better right now. Mark Richt can represent the SEC any day!

If we were strictly talking about human polls, I'd say that georgia gets jumped and loses out. I don't know how the BCS (computers portion had uga 7th) will react to this weekend's games. #5 Kansas is the only other 1 loss team within striking distance, but they haven't beaten a ranked team this year.

#9 OU beat #1
#7 LSU beat #14
#6 VaTech beat #11

1 & 2 Lost
3, 4 & 5 Idle

Watch the pollsters. I think you'll see some questionable votes this weekend, with some teams competing for the #2 spots get ranked artificially low.

RTR,

Tim

BigSteve said:
Also, it has taken 6 overtimes for LSU to lose. Georgia just loss....period. If Alabama was in the same position, you guys would be singing a different tune.

Since overtime is a part of the game, a loss in OT is a loss. A loss in regulation, is still a loss.

On Georgia's side is a late season win vs UK. Also on Georgia's side is a loss by LSU to an unranked team.

Va Tech, even with the early season loss to LSU, has won more games against teams with winning records than any other team in the nation.

There is a strong possibility LSU will get their third shot at the #1 slot. BUT, the decision to make them the 2nd best team in the nation at this point is going to be arguable, at best.

Am I only 1 impressed by LSU?

Is it me? LSU impressed me yesterday with their play, including the coaching of the inexperienced & nervous QB. LSU had injured stars, two coaches rumored to be leaving, and an earth-shattering loss to Ark. to overcome.

LSU playing for the National Championship can't be bad for Bama and getting players to continue to buy in CNS's philosphy.

PS Beating TN is always good news to me!

Yeah, I kind of feel like I HAVE to root for LSU, since they beat UT. But I totally agree with this:

BornBama said:
It doesn't matter to me. It's so screwed up at this point, whatever they do will be wrong. :?

Even though UGA was ranked higher going into this week 1)they were idle, LSU has 1 more win and 2) They did not win their conference. The End. I think that's what BCS will take into consideration.

So I say OSU/LSU and OSU wins a close one, the goons.

who i think most deserves to play for the national title (given the current system): Ohio St vs Oklahoma - both are conference winners, OSU has the best record in the nation, OU just manhandled the #1 team in the nation

who i think are the two best teams in the country right now: Southern Cal and Georgia

who i'd give my right arm to see enter an 8-team play-off:

BigTen: Ohio St.
BigXII: Oklahoma
BigEast: West Va
SEC: LSU
ACC: Va Tech
PAC10: Southern Cal
At Large: Georgia, Illinois

The argument in favor of a formal playoff just got a lot louder. It's hard to say WHO is going to be the MNC. The only reason OSU is getting included in the discussion is because they lost one less game, and had yesterday off. If LSU is not allowed to play for the MNC, we are in effect penalizing OU and LSU for playing an additional title game, win or lose. For that matter, Missouri only lost two games this year, both to the same team. We are penalizing them for the coincidence of having to play the same team twice in the same year.

It's a mess. The playoff discussion must be had NOW.

Question.

(Totally ignoring the fact that LSU embarrassed V. Tech.)

Virginia Tech was ranked 6th going into this week's game, LSU 7th. Va. Tech beats the #11 team in the nation. LSU beats #14. LSU jumps Virginia Tech...?

Is it just me, or is there something wrong? If you think LSU is better than VT, rank them ahead of them before the game, because you can't say that the reason they jumped them is because they beat a better team.

Back
Top Bottom