So besides Alabama football

Didn't know that. For which town in WY? How long, what position, etc.?

Cheyenne. At the moment I'm a reserve officer, I'm learning the ins and outs of being a police officer, do a lot of ride a longs, do a lot of paperwork, mostly it's just learning how to be a police officer. I leave for the academy in March, so after that I will be a full time officer. My plan after my FTO time is to join the drug task force and homeland security task force.

I keep hoping to make a gymnastics meet again in Tuscaloosa, hoping to find some good tickets if you know of any so i can snap a few pictures like last year

1213760681_yNaFB-X2.jpg

Define camping. You have your phone? Tent?

A few months from now a few of us are headed back out to one of the islands on Lake Marion.

This is a pic from the island we stay on...normally Weds. nite through Sunday AM.

marion_photo.jpg

You literally have to be right in front of that opening to see our camp site. Last year we set up four tents, cleared out about 10000 sq feet, and goofed off for days on end. I like the privacy of that spot...don't have to worry about people boating by and "seeing what we might be doing." It's not always "within the law."

Tent, yes. Phone, makes no difference. Food, lots of it.

I don't have cable so I don't get USA but I do enjoy that show so I watch it on CBS. Aside from that my fav's are Castle,Fringe & Person of Interest.

Kore, I went years—as in almost three—without having cable in my house. And, I didn't miss a thing when it came to prime time shows. With sites like Hulu, TVDuck, among a host of others, it's easy to watch shows over and over again.

As example, Justified is one of my favs right now. But, work last night kept me from watching it when it aired.

Last nights episode is already online, free.

I'm with you on Castle. I've enjoyed the new show Alcatraz as well. Southland, good cop show.

I need to get some redfish at some point and bring by the porter house, do you like cooking it as well or just eating it?

Those are a heck of a lot of fun to catch as well.

Bran, you might like crappie fishing. I don't mind eating them, sans all the bones. I mention that because once you find a couple of beds you can hit 10-15 or more in an hour.

A friend of mine has a condo on the reservoir. On his deck, with a 13' pole, I can hit four beds. I'm thinking it's a fairly nice spot to hit some striped as well. I'll know the answer to that sometime this week! :cool:

Kore, I went years—as in almost three—without having cable in my house. And, I didn't miss a thing when it came to prime time shows. With sites like Hulu, TVDuck, among a host of others, it's easy to watch shows over and over again.

As example, Justified is one of my favs right now. But, work last night kept me from watching it when it aired.

Last nights episode is already online, free.

I'm with you on Castle. I've enjoyed the new show Alcatraz as well. Southland, good cop show.

Yeah,I know. I have been using Hulu for a while now. Even tho i don't have cable doesn't mean I have to miss good shows. I use Hulu for Castle,Fringe, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Covert Affairs,& even Burn Notice. I also occasionally watch some of the older stuff like The Addams Family,Firefly, & Airwolf.

Of what they don't have at Hulu I can watch at the official websites (CBS.com, Fox.com, etc.).

The main thing I was referring to before was that I can't view all of the re-runs of NCIS on USA.

I still need to check out Alcatraz.

I admit I haven't heard of TVDuck before. Do you know if the episodes come with captions/subtitles? With my hearing they are no good to me without them. That is one thing that I have liked about Hulu for so long,they have them. Now a days after that law that Obama signed saying online movies, TV episodes have to have subtitles,that opened up more to me as the only site that used to have them was Hulu.

Last edited:
Those are a heck of a lot of fun to catch as well.

Bran, you might like crappie fishing. I don't mind eating them, sans all the bones. I mention that because once you find a couple of beds you can hit 10-15 or more in an hour.

A friend of mine has a condo on the reservoir. On his deck, with a 13' pole, I can hit four beds. I'm thinking it's a fairly nice spot to hit some striped as well. I'll know the answer to that sometime this week! :cool:

That's why I like bream fishing, geting on top of beds and pulling them in the boat as quick as you can get your cricket in the water. As a little lad, we used to go camp at Lake Guntersville and and bream fish along the banks, trolling along until we found a nice little bed. Usually a spot where a caterpillars' nest hung out over the water. Every evening, our dads would fillet them and fry the little strips with some hushpuppies... man that was some good eats and some good times.

I had a great uncle that had some catfish ponds back in the day as well, and those were a lot of fun too. He kept them well stocked.

That's why I like bream fishing, geting on top of beds and pulling them in the boat as quick as you can get your cricket in the water. As a little lad, we used to go camp at Lake Guntersville and and bream fish along the banks, trolling along until we found a nice little bed. Usually a spot where a caterpillars' nest hung out over the water. Every evening, our dads would fillet them and fry the little strips with some hushpuppies... man that was some good eats and some good times.

I had a great uncle that had some catfish ponds back in the day as well, and those were a lot of fun too. He kept them well stocked.

I had a grand-uncle(?) that lived in Rogersville up in NA...had a lake in his backyard and did the same thing, basically.

He had bream and crappie beds...own little "circle of life." As example, he'd throw the crappie he caught in a bucket with holes in the bottom...flies, to larva, dropped back in the water...presto. Same thing with the bream but I can't recall what it was he was putting in those buckets.

It was back then I first got turned on to jalapeno hush puppies. I've never been the same since.

Back
Top Bottom