| FTBL Since we're snubbing the OK State crowd

Do the "pokes" expect to trounce a "distracted" BAMA?

• OK State is in a bowl game?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BAMA's in a bowl game?

• Get a coach already Baammmers!!!!

• They expect to win

• business as usual for OSU (another game, another loss)

• Total voters
Sitting here thinking about it....Im sure they think they have the better chance at this time.

I don't know much about them, so I can't say with confidence we would win either. :?

This is like the first game of the year it feels. We basically arn't sure how we're gonna play with a new play caller and HC.

As a fan, one of the hardest things to remember is that what we are thinking about doesn't translate to what the team is doing or thinking about.

One of the things that always makes me laugh is on message boards when things are going well and somebody makes the inevitable comment that really pushes the limits of good luck (#1 seed in the tourny, BCS bowl, etc) and the follow up messages that we need to think about next game.

My guess is that the team is what the team is. The OL isn't going to block better because of an interim head coach. The RB isn't going to scan the field better and the RBs aren't going to suddenly get better vision simply because of a coaching change.

What can happen however is that the game plan can be put together that focuses on the strengths of the players. Were OSU to game plan in a way that we tried to pass 30 times a game, we wouldn't even be 6-6 most likely. The reason is that our starting personnel is better suiting to a run heavy or balanced attack.

I do wish that Bama wasn't going through this right now so we could better discuss the upcoming game. I've seen Bama play a couple times this year though it was early in the season. There is no outcome that would surprise me.

Our team is very young. As such they still make some bad mistakes. But they have the talent to play with anybody. Offensively, we are among the best in the nation. Considering the big 12 has a lot of really good defenses in it, that is a pretty good statement. For those that don't know, OSU's offensive coordinator is Larry Fedora who was the OC at Florida 3 years ago when they led the SEC in passing and rushing offense. So when it comes to knowing how to play against SEC defenses, we at least have that going for us.

How has Bama faired against dual threat QBs this year? I keep thinking that could play some part in this game as OSU has one of the better ones in the country in Bobby Reid.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

You know thigns might work out well... With an actual OC getting to make the calls, and Kines as head coach... I kinda like it. Obviously I wouldn't mind a different OC calling the plays... but oh well

Normally I would have to say that without a head coach it is a loss but I really think our players are gonna come out and play better than they have all year long for CJK ... Heck who knows maybe Rader can actually call plays that result in TD's and not FG's....

W8LIFTR said:
Normally I would have to say that without a head coach it is a loss but I really think our players are gonna come out and play better than they have all year long for CJK ... Heck who knows maybe Rader can actually call plays that result in TD's and not FG's....

I remember when Rader was hired. Some of our OU friends and some Tulsa guys were saying what a great hire this was for us. Even said Rader was an offensive genius. Wha' hoppen?

I will say this, I live in Oklahoma and for the most part they are really good fans. I had a small run in with one but it was all in fun. But the majority of the fans (and I seriously mean majority) are really nice and upbeat and wish the best for our program. Of course not the 28th but that is understandable. You guys please continue to welcome them as you have. They are classy fans.

Back
Top Bottom