| FTBL Shula's ghost

musso

the ghost of shula still haunts us. at the goal line we run it up the middle behind our reserve OL after having NO success all half with running up the gut.

we have speed to burn with Grant, Lowe, or Arenas to take it wide. surely we could've gained one or two yards with those speedsters or at least gotten out of bounds to stop the clock.

not to mention the plethora of other goaline options available to anyone with an ounce of creativity!

i just don't understand play-calling sometimes!!!!!!!!! :evil:

musso said:
the ghost of shula still haunts us. at the goal line we run it up the middle behind our reserve OL after having NO success all half with running up the gut.

we have speed to burn with Grant, Lowe, or Arenas to take it wide. surely we could've gained one or two yards with those speedsters or at least gotten out of bounds to stop the clock.

not to mention the plethora of other goaline options available to anyone with an ounce of creativity!

i just don't understand play-calling sometimes!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Let me try to help you... Major Applewhite.

I think that Applewhite is having a tough time finding his groove with the play calling. We went all over the place formation-wise. We've got alot of speed and we're not really a power running football team right now.

it doesn't get any worse offensively. i haven't felt this bad about our offense since the shula years. i realize we were playing with reserve O-linemen and our defensive front seven is suspect, BUT our defense did its job today holding MSU to just over 200 yds total offense.

the lack of creativity ... i don't know ... a toss sweep, misdirection, reverses with the WRs, screen passes to the RB ... UTTERLY CONFOUNDS ME!

Wilson looked like a high school freshman playing today.

i just don't know what the f happened today because our defense did its job!!!!!!!!!!!!

imalive1459 said:
I think that Applewhite is having a tough time finding his groove with the play calling. We went all over the place formation-wise. We've got alot of speed and we're not really a power running football team right now.

It's tough to build a high-performance engine from a pile of second-hand parts.

I'm just as disgusted as the next person, but let's be realistic. We were not doing anything through the air. And when JPW did throw it was behind the receivers, and it certainly didn't help that our receivers would have had a hard time catching syphallis from a $3 whore much less a 30 yard pass. Maybe Applewhite was trying to help out our gun-shy QB.

I'm not trying to pump sunshine here...........I just think it is stupid to question our coaching staff. They want to win and will do everything it takes to succeed. They have the pulse of the team, why question it?

reger60 said:

you talking about the players or coaches?

the highest paid coaching staff in the SEC cannot come up with a better way to get the ball in the endzone than consecutive up-the-gut running plays?????????

bootleg ... toss sweep with a speedy Lowe, Arenas, or Grant ... or something!!!! give me a f'n break!

instead the highest paid coaching staff puts the game in the hands of a bunch of rag-tag O-linemen to punch it in the endzone! ;sh

rammerjammer said:
I'm just as disgusted as the next person, but let's be realistic. We were not doing anything through the air. And when JPW did throw it was behind the receivers, and it certainly didn't help that our receivers would have had a hard time catching syphallis from a $3 whore much less a 30 yard pass. Maybe Applewhite was trying to help out our gun-shy QB.

I'm not trying to pump sunshine here...........I just think it is stupid to question our coaching staff. They want to win and will do everything it takes to succeed. They have the pulse of the team, why question it?

Dude, you lost to Mississippi State.

musso said:
reger60 said:

you talking about the players or coaches?

the highest paid coaching staff in the SEC cannot come up with a better way to get the ball in the endzone than consecutive up-the-gut running plays?????????

bootleg ... toss sweep with a speedy Lowe, Arenas, or Grant ... or something!!!! give me a f'n break!

instead the highest paid coaching staff puts the game in the hands of a bunch of rag-tag O-linemen to punch it in the endzone! ;sh

Rag tag you mean the O line with 2 starters missing! That rag tag if you're going to be a fool please at least know what you're talking about! If you can't get 2 yrds on the goaling you don't deserve to win period. If you're going to bash our Oline start with the guys that are removed from the line up for some dumb scam.

rammerjammer said:
They have the pulse of the team, why question it?

.... uh i don't know, for starters they are the highest paid staff in the SEC, if not the country. also because they are not all-knowing and all-powerful. this is what discussion boards are for, right? to question, discuss, debate, ponder, etc. because we aren't the coaches, we can only use what information we have at our disposal.

do you also believe that citizens shouldn't question government?

musso said:
rammerjammer said:
They have the pulse of the team, why question it?

.... uh i don't know, for starters they are the highest paid staff in the SEC, if not the country. also because they are not all-knowing and all-powerful. this is what discussion boards are for, right? to question, discuss, debate, ponder, etc. because we aren't the coaches, we can only use what information we have at our disposal.

do you also believe that citizens shouldn't question government?

Thank you. Amen...

Yeah and Rome wasn't built in a day. Yeah Miss St. has been the doormat for several years. They're not anymore. They view us as their biggest rivalry probably even more so than Ole Miss. Especially since Croom arrived.

Granted I'm not happy about the loss, but seriously do you think that the coaches are happy with the effort and losing? What makes you, me, or the Wal-Mart greeter that played football back in 1953 think that they know more about what our team needs than the coaches. I have never been one to blindly pump sunshine, but are you seriously questioning our coach and his staff? Do you for a minute thing that CNS plays favorites or will allow a player to stay on the field if he doesn't give us the absolute best possible chance at winning? I too thought JPW was rattled and should have sat out a series, but coach saw otherwise. That is why I repair x-ray machines and he coaches the team and makes 4 million a year to do it.

Was I happy today, no. Did I have a bad feeling coming in, yes.

I just reviewed the recruiting numbers again and feel better.

The one bright spot I can take from today is that "the little school down the road" will take today to mean they will dominate in two weeks.

Me thinks not.

rammerjammer said:
Granted I'm not happy about the loss, but seriously do you think that the coaches are happy with the effort and losing?

nope, never said or implied otherwise.

rammerjammer said:
What makes you, me, or the Wal-Mart greeter that played football back in 1953 think that they know more about what our team needs than the coaches?

i didn't know that questioning someone else means that you know more than them. i missed that memo. i always thought that when you question someone else you are in need of information and answers that are beyond your immediate reach, which is another way of admitting that you don't know as much as the coaches.

rammerjammer said:
but are you seriously questioning our coach and his staff?

no, i am posing my questions about some of the play calling to you all in case someone can give me some insight or other information that i may not be considering as i attempt to make sense of what appears to me as nonsense, you know, using a message board for its intended purpose of fan interaction and discussion.

rammerjammer said:
Do you for a minute thing that CNS plays favorites or will allow a player to stay on the field if he doesn't give us the absolute best possible chance at winning?

no, never said or implied otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom