| FTBL How come we don't rotate our ILB's more?

I believe we did it a bit more this season, but it was usually just Lawson coming in for To'o To'o or Moody. We seem to never bring in another fresh guy to sub in. I know Kendrick Blackshire was hurt for most of the year, but we still have 2-3 other really talented players that could've come in and gotten playing time. Shawn Murphy played a bit in the Auburn game, but that was only for a few plays and it was because of an injury. We've got talented players playing the position, why not get them some playing time and give them the in-game experience? It keeps the starters relatively fresh throughout the game, so by the time the 4th qtr comes around, they're not completely gassed which leads to mental mistakes, and them not playing technically or physically sound. This happened in the national championship last season. We were gassed and got out asses kicked in the 4th qtr. I just do not know why we don't do this, especially with the talent and depth that we have.

I believe we did it a bit more this season, but it was usually just Lawson coming in for To'o To'o or Moody. We seem to never bring in another fresh guy to sub in. I know Kendrick Blackshire was hurt for most of the year, but we still have 2-3 other really talented players that could've come in and gotten playing time. Shawn Murphy played a bit in the Auburn game, but that was only for a few plays and it was because of an injury. We've got talented players playing the position, why not get them some playing time and give them the in-game experience? It keeps the starters relatively fresh throughout the game, so by the time the 4th qtr comes around, they're not completely gassed which leads to mental mistakes, and them not playing technically or physically sound. This happened in the national championship last season. We were gassed and got out asses kicked in the 4th qtr. I just do not know why we don't do this, especially with the talent and depth that we have.
This is not the issue. You gotta realize some people aren't ready to play. We did rotate with Moody with Lawson and other players.

I"m going to remind you this:

National championship against Georgia- We lost because we had too many injuries and we couldn't keep up with them. Metchie/Jameson wasn't injuries, we win the game.

Tenn- We lost because of poor game planning on Defense and we never adjusted and a bad call by referees at the end. Had we made adjustment after halftime, we win the game. Georgia looked at the game and adjusted based on our mistakes. We made it easy for Georgia to win against VOLs.

LSU- We lost because of offense/defense and poor execution. there was no reason for us to lose game.

Auburn- Everything that worked in the game, should've been used against LSU.

Now, back to ILB play. I don't think 4th quarter is the issue. It's the playcalling that kept the defense on field longer than they should and if the 4th down was 4 &5 or shorter, team went ahead and attempted 4th down because we eren't good on 4th down situations.

Rotating players wouldn't make no difference this year, because we still would get burned.. and it still goes back to playcalling and scheme. It's simple as that.

This is not the issue. You gotta realize some people aren't ready to play. We did rotate with Moody with Lawson and other players.

National championship against Georgia- We lost because we had too many injuries and we couldn't keep up with them. Metchie/Jameson wasn't injuries, we win the game.

Tenn- We lost because of poor game planning on Defense and we never adjusted and a bad call by referees at the end. Had we made adjustment after halftime, we win the game. Georgia looked at the game and adjusted based on our mistakes. We made it easy for Georgia to win against VOLs.

LSU- We lost because of offense/defense and poor execution. there was no reason for us to lose game.

Now, back to ILB play. I don't think 4th quarter is the issue. It's the playcalling that kept the defense on field longer than they should and if the 4th down was 4 &5 or shorter, team went ahead and attempted 4th down because we eren't good on 4th down situations.

Rotating players wouldn't make no difference this year, because we still would get burned.. and it still goes back to playcalling and scheme. It's simple as that.
I respectfully disagree. The whole point of rotating players in is to give them the experience they need so that later in the season, they'll have game experience and know what their job is and how to play in certain situations. We've got 4 and 5 stars at the position, give them time and experience, and they'll produce eventually. Georgia does this, theyre rotating freshman and sophomores throughout the game. And we see how that works for them. And no matter what play you call, if the guy is exhausted, it's probably not going to work out for them.

And let's go back to that Georgia game. You know how much I dislike Golding, but all in all, Alabama didn't play bad defensively that game. But in that 4th qtr there was a clear shift, Georgia lined up, ran the ball, and whooped us. Go back and look at them defensively in that qtr, they're still out there flying around, being physical and making big stops. They rotated 2-3 linebackers all game, that's why they were still playing like it was the first half. Our linebackers however were exhausted and it showed big-time.

Back
Top Bottom