| FTBL Should we try to get Scott Cochran back?

UGA’s special teams are ranked 39th. Alabama is ranked 7th.

2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SPECIAL TEAMS FEI RATINGS | Football Outsiders
I checked the website, and it's misleading. If you look at individual stats for Punting, FG, PAT, and Kickoff.... and I can see why Georgia is #39. Georgia doesn't really punt often. They're not even ranked in punts... that's why it hurted them in FEI rankings.

Georgia and Alabama are right there within each other in individual stats....

I checked the website, and it's misleading. If you look at individual stats for Punting, FG, PAT, and Kickoff.... and I can see why Georgia is #39. Georgia doesn't really punt often. They're not even ranked in punts... that's why it hurted them in FEI rankings.

Wherever UGA is it isn’t because of Cochran, he missed a lot of the season

The changes he's making has nothing to do with past teams. It has to do with what we've saw on the field today. We never had former players criticizing the Bama teams of the past until this year. We never had DC calling puzzling plays way too much that resulted in negative spot. We neve really had players who can't be in right man spot. We had way too many 12 man on the field issues... way too many PI errors.. way too many false starts, dropped passes, can't even execute kick off coverage properly. We've never had offense that was so predictable that teams knew what plays we were calling on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down all the way to Auburn game. The quality product we put on the field this year was bad... and it's related to coaching issue.
Dont disagree with what i or u think.
NS isnt as displeased I suspect.
But we will see between now and next game

Dont disagree with what i or u think.
NS isnt as displeased I suspect.
But we will see between now and next game
I disagree on the part where Saban wasn't displeased. I"m sorry, from what I've read from several insiders not only this board but other places, and conversation with some people that has connections within program, HE is not happy with the progress the team has made throughout the season.

I know He has frustrated with BOB's play calling dating back to Texas game and said there was no reason we shouldn't score less than 20 points in that game. Texas A and M... we did not prepare well on offense. Tennessee- Young played well but defense didnt... For month of October, Only 1 team scored less than 10 points and that's Miss State.

LSU- Offense and defense self inflicted and Saban was very upset about that. Thats a game we should've won along with Tenneseee. Auburn game believe it or not, was the best performance for offense since Vandy game. Last time Defense had a real good game was Miss state and we nearly had a shutout.

If he wasn't displeased then why is he making significant changes on both sides of the ball?

We can have a hype man with less baggage.
Good point. But we do currently have a DC with baggage because of the same reason. Maybe it was a one time thing, or could be something he's been dealing with for a while. I know coaches in college love drinking. Think about it, they travel a lot, and rarely have time to relax, so they drink. Not all of them, but we may be surprised by how many of these coaches do something like that.

If they’re within each other, what’s the benefit of Cochran?

If they’re within each other, what’s the benefit of Cochran?
Many other things. And it's his first year as an on the field coordinator. That's not a bad start to a career. And if you watch their kickoff team, they swarm down the field and take away each lane for the returner. I don't think they've had many plays break away last the 25 yard line, whether it be a touchback or them playing it well.

He wants to be a position coach and doesn’t have much experience doing that. He got his role at UGA due to his friendship with Kirby (and possibly a chance to “stick it to” Saban), not his qualifications. Yes, everybody likes Cochran but he doesn’t bring a lot to the job.
That's fair. And I can see what you mean. Probably not gonna even attempt to get him, but just a topic I wanted to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom