| FTBL Should we try to get Scott Cochran back?

You think Coach Saban would change his mind about him being on the field? I would like for him to come back. But that will never happen. Also Welcome to the site! We fight but we also make up! Sometime! Just like a family!:oops:
Not sure what he'd want to do. It's more of a topic I wanted to discuss, and having him back would be nice. I miss the 4th quarter "Yeah yeah yeaaaaahhhhhh's'. Would love to have him back as almost anything. Thanks for the welcome.

Attachments

• crying-cry.gif
    crying-cry.gif
    315.5 KB · Views: 0
Many other things. And it's his first year as an on the field coordinator. That's not a bad start to a career. And if you watch their kickoff team, they swarm down the field and take away each lane for the returner. I don't think they've had many plays break away last the 25 yard line, whether it be a touchback or them playing it well.
It's his third year (started at UGA in 2020).

@Brandon Van de Graaff and I have discussed this quite a bit. What I find interesting is the fact that UGA didn't beat us until Cochran went there. When Kirby left, he made a play for SC. @TerryP had talked at length on here of the closeness of Cochran and Smart, their wives, kids etc. I would love to have SC back as the point man to push those buttons that Brandon speaks about. Problem is, SC wants to be an on field coach. What allowed him so much time with the players was doing Strength training through out the year. If he came back as an on field coach, he would be limited as to the amount of time he would get to spend with the players in the off season.

As I stated earlier, I do find it interesting that UGA didn't beat us and develop that "swagger" until SC got hired to coach there.

@Brandon Van de Graaff and I have discussed this quite a bit. What I find interesting is the fact that UGA didn't beat us until Cochran went there. When Kirby left, he made a play for SC. @TerryP had talked at length on here of the closeness of Cochran and Smart, their wives, kids etc. I would love to have SC back as the point man to push those buttons that Brandon speaks about. Problem is, SC wants to be an on field coach. What allowed him so much time with the players was doing Strength training through out the year. If he came back as an on field coach, he would be limited as to the amount of time he would get to spend with the players in the off season.

As I stated earlier, I do find it interesting that UGA didn't beat us and develop that "swagger" until SC got hired to coach there.

Had nothing to do with Cochran or swagger.

UGA was 1-1 vs. Alabama last year, with Alabama having coordinators that most/all want gone. The SECCG saw O'Brien run circles around Kirby/Lanning/Schumann. Golding called a pretty good game too that day, including the D getting a pick 6.

In the NC game, Alabama was winning and in it til Jameson went down. Metchie didn't play at all.

UGA's superiority this year, despite losing tons on D, is due to Monken being excellent all year as OC, and the UGA D not being confused and outschemed vs. 80% of the good teams on their schedule.

Food for thought. After focusing on his hiatus I really never considered the "swagger" he may have brought the team. He was larger than life at Alabama.

Food for thought. After focusing on his hiatus I really never considered the "swagger" he may have brought the team. He was larger than life at Alabama.
Miss Terry to Saban is Yoko to the Beatles.

Over 50% of the staff—on the field—are being replaced. That includes both coordinators.

You'll see if there's a mentality change.

Miss Terry to Saban is Yoko to the Beatles.
I sure hope you are using this in the Ohm's law analogy of voltage and current in relation to resistance.......being inversely proportional.

I'm no historian and the Beatles were slightly before my time, but from what I have read and heard, Yoko was not a good influence on the group.

I assume you meant that she had a major influence ( most of it not good) but was an influence.

ie....Mrs. Terry has a huge influence over CNS, but hers is all good.

I sure hope you are using this in the Ohm's law analogy of voltage and current in relation to resistance.......being inversely proportional.

I'm no historian and the Beatles were slightly before my time, but from what I have read and heard, Yoko was not a good influence on the group.

I assume you meant that she had a major influence ( most of it not good) but was an influence.

ie....Mrs. Terry has a huge influence over CNS, but hers is all good.
Have you ever seen the phrase, "Saban is mellowing?"

Who has corrected him on his "tirades?"

Back
Top Bottom