| FTBL Should we try to get Scott Cochran back?

I believe one of the biggest reasons he left in the first place is because he wanted an on the field coaching job. We could give him the Special teams coordinator position. Just make Coach Hutzler strictly the OLB coach(if he's still here) and give it to Cochran.

I don't think so. Georgia didn't turn into a contender because of him. He actually just got back on the field after an addiction this past yesr, so he hasn't even had much of an opportunity to make a difference.

Don't get me wrong, his personality was a great jump start to the culture Saban was building, but I think he is a one trick pony and cannot adjust his vision. I would welcome him back of course, but wouldn't expect a change from anything we currently have going on.

I don't think so. Georgia didn't turn into a contender because of him. He actually just got back on the field after an addiction this past yesr, so he hasn't even had much of an opportunity to make a difference.

Don't get me wrong, his personality was a great jump start to the culture Saban was building, but I think he is a one trick pony and cannot adjust his vision. I would welcome him back of course, but wouldn't expect a change from anything we currently have going on.
I believe that be the only way he'd come back is if we'd do that. I'd be extremely giddy if we managed to get him and Schumann to come to alabama. One, to make Alabama better in certain areas, and two, because fuck Georgia.

That ship has probably sailed for a number of reasons... But that doesn't mean when some new blood (and maybe old blood) is brought in to the program soon that there won't be someone who can fill a bit of a void he left. Would certainly help to have someone who can connect to the players, know which buttons to push, when to push them, demand respect, but also be a guy the players trusted on and off the field. Sometimes the best people to do that don't have a PhD in their title and wear button up shirts every day.

That ship has probably sailed for a number of reasons... But that doesn't mean when some new blood (and maybe old blood) is brought in to the program soon that there won't be someone who can fill a bit of a void he left. Would certainly help to have someone who can connect to the players, know which buttons to push, when to push them, demand respect, but also be a guy the players trusted on and off the field. Sometimes the best people to do that don't have a PhD in their title and wear button up shirts every day.
I hope Saban makes some changes, this current staff how it is just isn't working. First and foremost, Pete has to go, he's a good recruiter.... but that just isn't enough. I've already gone through my opinions on why, so not doing going through that again. If we could get Glenn Schumann, I'm confident he'd change the play of the defense dramatically, and we wouldn't lose recruiting ability with him either. He's a fantastic recruiter.

I like Coach Roach as well, but if we could somehow get Bo Davis or Karl Dunbar back, that be huge. And I'm with you on that, being able to scientifically break down stuff is great, and we should use it. But what matters most is the relationships the coaches have with their players, they may like you, but do they trust you to help them get better and to also be someone they can rely on?

I hope Saban makes some changes, this current staff how it is just isn't working. First and foremost, Pete has to go, he's a good recruiter.... but that just isn't enough. I've already gone through my opinions on why, so not doing going through that again. If we could get Glenn Schumann, I'm confident he'd change the play of the defense dramatically, and we wouldn't lose recruiting ability with him either. He's a fantastic recruiter.

Barring something out of far left field, significant changes are coming. Just have to be patient.

Barring something out of far left field, significant changes are coming. Just have to be patient.
I dont know that we are going to see many changes....
I expect to see PG back...who knows...maybe BOB...
Nick isnt as unhappy as some fans with this season...

His justification
2019..... a missed FG from making CFPs
2020....national championship ...plus HT winner
2021.....runner up...plus HT winner..and those injuries...
2022....2 losses in really tough away games on last play of games

Not really a bad 4 year run...
Now for sure...the-nick saban of the early 2010 decade...would be making changes...
Maybe whole sale....no way happy with this period....

So....i am not saying he is satisfied....but...seems more complacent....
Maybe....maybe not

His justification

Now for sure...the-nick saban of the early 2010 decade...would be making changes...

Maybe....maybe not
Changes are coming, almost guaranteed! BOB was a 2 year rehab stint. I would imagine a change at WR coach may be coming as well. Coach hasn’t been pleased with WR development the last 2 seasons. Defensive side of the ball- Charles Kelly likely going back to the Barn, maybe even T Rob. I think someone mentioned Sunseri back to the field, means Hutzler likely gone. Golding is the wildcard.

His justification

Maybe....maybe not
The changes he's making has nothing to do with past teams. It has to do with what we've saw on the field today. We never had former players criticizing the Bama teams of the past until this year. We never had DC calling puzzling plays way too much that resulted in negative spot. We neve really had players who can't be in right man spot. We had way too many 12 man on the field issues... way too many PI errors.. way too many false starts, dropped passes, can't even execute kick off coverage properly. We've never had offense that was so predictable that teams knew what plays we were calling on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down all the way to Auburn game. The quality product we put on the field this year was bad... and it's related to coaching issue.

When he said significant changes.... to me, He's addressing the OC/ WR issues. on Defense: he's addressing whole defense issues. ST: he's addressing that. He's addressing the conditioning program. I think it'll be mix of new blood/old school mentality. We're going to encourage players to move on and bring in players with tough mentality.

Changes are coming, almost guaranteed! BOB was a 2 year rehab stint. I would imagine a change at WR coach may be coming as well. Coach hasn’t been pleased with WR development the last 2 seasons. Defensive side of the ball- Charles Kelly likely going back to the Barn, maybe even T Rob. I think someone mentioned Sunseri back to the field, means Hutzler likely gone. Golding is the wildcard.
So.... I agree on Kelly. But I don't know about T-rob.. he hasn't done bad job... I dont' think Kelly wold go back to Auburn unless its' a DC position.

He wants to be a position coach and doesn’t have much experience doing that. He got his role at UGA due to his friendship with Kirby (and possibly a chance to “stick it to” Saban), not his qualifications. Yes, everybody likes Cochran but he doesn’t bring a lot to the job.
Georgia ST are doing well this year. Hes pretty good at it.

Back
Top Bottom