| FTBL Serious questions from a Dolphins fan.

crazyzach

Hey BAMA fans. I'm a diehard Miami Dolphins fan and I would like to know your thoughts on Saban. I can tell you that we Dolphins fans absolutely hate the man and we look forward to watching him fail miserably as the head coach of the Crimson Tide.

I'm not here trying to be smart, I would just really like to know your answers to the following questions. I'd also like to know if you have started to figure out what a jerk he really is.

Are you still thrilled that Nick is your coach? If so why?

Do you worry that he may jump ship and leave you for the LSU job, should it come open?

If you lose to Auburn this Saturday, will you still consider Saban the savior of Alabama football?

What has Saban done to get you excited about the future of Alabama Crimson Tide football?

Are you better off with Saban than you were with Shula?

Do you think Saban will be fired in the next three years if Bama does not beat Auburn?

Thanks for answering.

In a word YES
Do you worry that he may jump ship and leave you for the LSU job, should it come open?
No

If you lose to Auburn this Saturday, will you still consider Saban the savior of Alabama football?
I've never considered him a savior, but he is one heck of a ball coach and glad to have him. BTW we don't need to be saved, we need a few more years with out scholarship reductions

What has Saban done to get you excited about the future of Alabama Crimson Tide football?
His mentality, his discipline, his recruiting, I can go on and on.

:roll:

Do you think Saban will be fired in the next three years if Bama does not beat Auburn?
Not likely this scenario will occur, but if it does I doubt it.

Now it's my turn.

What do you think of the Dolphin's new head coach?

Do you like being unvictorious?

Do you like it that a college is considered a greater job to a coach than the dolphins?

Do you like Miami is the laughings stock of the NFL?

Do you think your current coach will be fired if he doesn't win once this year?

Will Don Shula come out of retirement? It seems the Dolphins need saving.

crazyzach said:

Thanks for answering.

Taking these one at a time:

Yes, I am still pleased that we made the change. The recruiting class we have lined up for next season is reason enough.

I would be shocked if he left Bama for LSU.

Savior is too strong a word. Restorer would be a good choice of words. One game does not define his status. Beating Auburn would make us all feel a little better going in to next year, but it does not change the overall picture.

The recruiting group that is coming in, plus restoring discipline and having expectations for off the field behavior have made me optimistic about our future.

We are definitely better off than with Shula, if only because attitudes and overall directions have been changed.

It would not be a good thing for us to lose three more to Auburn in the next three years, but unless the program is not seen as making progress, he would not be fired over that, IMO.

crazyzach said:
Hey BAMA fans. I'm a diehard Miami Dolphins fan and I would like to know your thoughts on Saban. I can tell you that we Dolphins fans absolutely hate the man and we look forward to watching him fail miserably as the head coach of the Crimson Tide.

I'm not here trying to be smart, I would just really like to know your answers to the following questions. I'd also like to know if you have started to figure out what a jerk he really is.

Thanks for answering.

Go crawl back into your whole daddy shula

crazyzach said:

Thanks for answering.

1. Thrilled. Absolutely estatic. As to why, look at our last 3 coaches and you will see why.

2.Leave for LSU? No not really. If he does then we really never needed him anyway. I think his has already hurt his rep bad enough and leaving here after one year would make it ever worse. Hope that the case anyway...

3.Win or lose to Auburn, CNS is still light years ahead of what we have had the last 4 years.

4.Excitement comes from recruiting and increase in team discipline and work ethic. Even though Sat didn't show it, the process will turn things around.

5.Waaaaaaaaaay better off than when we had Shula. We knew that things would never get better with him as the coach and I blame a lot of our current problems on him.

6.I think he will beat Auburn in the next 3 years but a lot of that is going to depend on the circumstances that surround that. If we self destruct every November for the next 3 years I think that may be looked at, but I think that now we have a proven coach in place, I think the willingness to give him time to produce is a lot greater. At least its that way with me.

crazyzach said:

Thanks for answering.

What... are you writing a book? I can certainly understand why you don't want to analyze the Dolphins right now.

Maybe a better question is... who do you think would win: Alabama or the Dolphins?

crazyzach said:

Thanks for answering.

Like you I suffer with the Fins and yet I have let my negative feelings about CNS go.
I too am curious about the feelings of the Bama faithful currently and as he progresses from years 1-4. Will he give the Bama fans the deliverables they so richly deserve...
I think he added a life support mechanism from day one. He did some very positive things from the get go. He is a proven winner in college! He must be judged by his recruiting, molding, teaching, preparation, execution and the fact of bringing this proud institution once again into a prominent state of being.

Yet, whether or not he is still hated in Miami and that banana republic I still call home, I still believe that he didn't stay the course in the NFL. With a team other than the Dolphins, perhaps he would have succeeded. To win in the NFL you must have the talent! Miami unfortunately does not!

I don't think Nick will jump ship... Far from it life is good for CNS and he has more on his plate still to be delivered.

If as I believe that Bama will win over UA his stock rises even more considerably.

He is where he ought to be and I wish him and the U of Alabama faithful nothing but the success they truly deserve.

Miami Dolphins on the other hand hired the wrong coach! I would go to church with him in a heartbeat, but he has done a horrible job on play calling!

Welcome back Ricky 'My Main Man' Williams

ghice said:
Now it's my turn.

What do you think of the Dolphin's new head coach?

I think Cam has an uphill road to climb and he may not be given the chance to do it. Hopefully he will.

ghice said:
Do you like being unvictorious?
I hate losing!

ghice said:
Do you like it that a college is considered a greater job to a coach than the dolphins?

From my perspective coaching the Dolphins is a greater job than coaching in college. Your perspective may be different.

ghice said:
Do you like Miami is the laughings stock of the NFL?

If you mean laughing stock of the NFL, then NO I don't. One must consider who the Dolphins coach was the year before and the position they are in now after losing the first 10 games of this season. Having said that,they should be considered the laughing stock of the league.

ghice said:
Do you think your current coach will be fired if he doesn't win once this year?

It's possible! I do,however doubt the Dolphins coach will quit on the team. The same can not be said for Saban.

ghice said:
Will Don Shula come out of retirement? It seems the Dolphins need saving.

The Dolphins are reaping what they have sewn, just as Alabama will in the future. If Shula wanted to come out of retirement, I'M SURE there are many Dolphins fans would say that would be a good thing. I for one, even though I think the world of Shula look forward to the future, not the past.

Thanks for answering. Enjoy your coach and the success or failures that come your way in the future.

crazyzach said:
The Dolphins are reaping what they have sewn, just as Alabama will in the future. If Shula wanted to come out of retirement, I'M SURE there are many Dolphins fans would say that would be a good thing. I for one, even though I think the world of Shula look forward to the future, not the past.

Unless you have a bunch of seamstresses down there, they'll reap what they sow, which apparently is a whole lot of nothing.

Don Shula has become the coaching world's answer to Jimmy Carter. He ended his career on a low note, and should just shut up and be quiet.

It will be quite enjoyable for the Patriots to win out and put a sock in another dolphins reunion of addled retirees. Having the dolphins go 0-16 would be icing on the cake.

RTR,

Tim

Thanks to all of you for your responses, negative or positive. We all are entitled to our opinions. Thanks again for sharing yours with me.

May you never win another game as long as Nick Saban is your head coach.

Take care and Go Dolphins!!!

Re: An Outside Opinion

Proud Tiger said:
FWIW here is another opinion. It won't fly well here but it is out there.

www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm

See #5 on the list.

More cud and fodder.

Happy birthday, PT. Sorry I missed it.

KBC19257_sh.jpg

It Takes Eleven said:
crazyzach said:

Unless you have a bunch of seamstresses down there, they'll reap what they sow, which apparently is a whole lot of nothing.

Tim

Thanks for the correction. It seems us Dolphins fans are good at making mistakes. Maybe one day we will get it right. Maybe one day Alabama will too.

It Takes Eleven said:

Thanks. I had a good one. All my kids and several grandkids were here for dinner. My Bama grad daughter from Orlando flew in and surprised me. It was good to jaw with her about the Iron Bowl :D

I also celebrated by fulfilling a lifelong dream....I bought a condo in Auburn right across the street from campus and 1/2 block from Toomer's Corner. Tubs has one just a few doors away. I hope to see some serious rolling at Toomer's late Saturday night :D :D

Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:

Thanks. I had a good one. All my kids and several grandkids were here for dinner. My Bama grad daughter from Orlando flew in and surprised me. It was good to jaw with her about the Iron Bowl :D

I also celebrated by fulfilling a lifelong dream....I bought a condo in Auburn right across the street from campus and 1/2 block from Toomer's Corner. Tubs has one just a few doors away. I hope to see some serious rolling at Toomer's late Saturday night :D :D

You should've waited and bought Tubs' unit. It's going to be available soon, and the medicine cabinet has a special dispenser for toothbrush-sized Q-tips. :D

Oh, and if you want to keep it from doing some serious rolling, you better put it up on blocks. :D

are you mad at him because the dolphins suck this year, i mean 0-10 in the NFL...how does that happen??

surely you can't blame their lack of game on Nick...

go post this crap somewhere else please.

It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:

You should've waited and bought Tubs' unit. It's going to be available soon, and the medicine cabinet has a special dispenser for toothbrush-sized Q-tips. :D

Oh, and if you want to keep it from doing some serious rolling, you better put it up on blocks. :D

:D

Sorry, :D I was just seeing if I could add to all the green smilies. :D

crazyzach said:

Thanks for answering. Enjoy your coach and the success or failures that come your way in the future.

The word delusional comes to mind.

What has Alabama sewn? Elaborate on your vast knowledge about The University of Alabama.

Reaping what you sow is a Karma thing. If you spew negativity, then negativity is what you shall get. So the question should be, will CNS reap negativity for leaving Miami for Alabama? The answer to that is IMO no. He didn't leave in a bad or negative way. Look at Franchione. He, on the other hand, created the negative Karma which he now reaps at A&M. I think the thing to do is to stay focused and positive about our team and life in general, and postive things will come our way soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom