| MBB/WBB SEC vs Big 12 Showdown Weekend includes Bama and #4 Baylor.

The team now knows how good they can be when they play the way they are supposed to play. This should refill the confidence tank that was running on empty... hopefully this time they keep the underdog mentality going forward. IMO, they needed 3 things to get back on track... Quinerly needed to find his confidence (looks like he did today, much different player than the last several weeks). They needed to be tougher and play with more effort (that was certainly better today... not many/any effort lulls). They need to improve their defense and/or their 3 point shooting (only shot 33% from 3, but hit some big ones when needed. Defense was really good overall I thought against a very good offense). Really, really pleased with that game/effort.

Some stats that stood out...
-Bama was 16/18 on layups/bunnies. We never see that. Ever.
-42 points in the paint for the Tide
-Bama 59% FG
-22 of 26 from the FT line
-24 points off turnovers

Juwan Gary was so huge for us today. Replicated his junkyard dog play he had last season. Had multiple follow ups on missed layups, had quick feet defensively to shut down driving lanes, and made great effort plays on cuts to the basket. God if he can play like this all season we are a dangerous team.

Also, Quinerly played with confidence and finally showed again. Baylor could not stay in front of him and he was getting blow bys all game. JD was huge, but man he had some big mistakes this game. Part of being a freshman. He needs to clean up his turnovers. But I'll give credit where credit is due - he finally used his athleticism on the boards and confidently drove the ball to the rim. We need more of that.

I think this was the worst game Keon Ellis has played here. He did not looked locked in. Hopefully he'll put it past him.

JD was huge, but man he had some big mistakes this game. Part of being a freshman. He needs to clean up his turnovers. But I'll give credit where credit is due - he finally used his athleticism on the boards and confidently drove the ball to the rim. We need more of that.

I agree. His efforts on the boards were huge. He has to quit worrying about cutesy, easy passes and just stick the ball to his teammates.

I really thought our defense was amazing throughout the entire game. Whatever Oats did to get these guys locked in worked, because it didn't matter if Baylor went on a run or not. They had the same intensity for 40 minutes.

PLEASE JUST PLAY THIS WAY EVERY GAME. We may not beat Auburn or Kentucky, but I promise we'll smoke the unranked teams.

Alabama is now 5-1 against AP Top 25 teams with 3 wins over Top 10 teams.
How about this stat? Under Grant, we had lost like 20+ games in a row to ranked opponents. It wasn't until Avery beat Notre Dame that Alabama broke their losing streak. Since that game, we've actually done really well vs top 25 teams/Q1+Q2 opponents. The killer? Our record vs Q3 + Q4 teams. I would wager that no program in basketball has been more Jekyll and Hyde than Alabama.

Also, Alabama just snapped Baylor's 37-game OOC win streak. Talk about a win today.

There were a few here this morning and we're getting the tail end of that 20° weather through here tonight. This morning I overheard some of the northern invaders comparing the cold to Chicago's—wind off the water and temperature. It's not that but there's a difference. It still ticks me off.

Damn carpet baggers complaining about the cold being too cold...come summer it'll be it's too hot for summertime. They're right on both accounts. BUT, they need to take their pale asses back home and post about it on Facebook; not have a discussion with the cashier about it at Whole Foods on a Saturday morning.
They are an annoying bunch arent they? Why they sound like they are talking thru their nose Ill never know. Where is the Whole Foods your talking about TerryP?

Didn't get to see the game but sounds like a much different team. Closer to what they did OOC. Maybe the SEC is just really good OR the team practiced and played harder. I will watch the replay. May need to not watch any game the rest of the year smh.

Charleston Proper: about a mile west of the harbor.
You go to Whole Foods and that's the only thing there that annoyed you? My grocery shopping has gone the other way, went to Bargain Hunt yesterday to look for cereal going out of date to get it for a quarter. Had to settle for some organic high protein stuff on clearance at Publix for 1.59. Cereal and soup are two things I won't buy unless are deep discounted, then I stock up, drives my wife nuts. I use the Progresso and the Campbell's Chunky/Yes soups as a base to add either unsalted quinoa or some extra chicken to it.

You go to Whole Foods and that's the only thing there that annoyed you? My grocery shopping has gone the other way, went to Bargain Hunt yesterday to look for cereal going out of date to get it for a quarter. Had to settle for some organic high protein stuff on clearance at Publix for 1.59. Cereal and soup are two things I won't buy unless are deep discounted, then I stock up, drives my wife nuts. I use the Progresso and the Campbell's Chunky/Yes soups as a base to add either unsalted quinoa or some extra chicken to it.
The employees with those laser guns can kill a buzz. On the other hand, seeing two white women fight over the last container of hummus was fun. I've learned to take the good with the bad in efforts to share the beauty that is my soul.

I can't go shopping at Walmart without running into five or six people and having fun (without them realizing they're the butt of a joke apparently only I understand.) Imagine Whole Foods on a Saturday...

I can't recall the brand off the top of my head. There are several pasta's from the Dollar Store I like better than store brands. Its consistency is much like Barilla.

As to Whole Foods...ground bison isn't easy to come by. Recent trips to a few stores came up empty.

Back
Top Bottom