| BSB/SB ⚾ SEC Tournament: Alabama’s Run in Hoover Ends with 9-2 Loss to Eighth-Ranked Vanderbilt

HOOVER, Ala. – Alabama baseball used an impressive start from Hunter Furtado to secure a 4-0 shutout victory over 25th-ranked Kentucky on Tuesday night at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. With the win, the 24th-ranked Crimson Tide is now 39-17 on the season and advances to the double-elimination round of this year's Tournament.

Furtado (1-1) put together his most impressive outing in the crimson and white. The sophomore tossed 5.0 scoreless frames with only two hits and two walks to go with a pair of strikeouts. He turned the ball over to Kade Woods, who contributed 2.0 innings, with Alton Davis II closing out the final 2.0 frames for the shutout victory.

Alabama's offense was led by Andrew Pinckney who got the Tide on the board in the fourth with a two-run opposite field home run. Pinckney finished 2-for-4 with three RBI and two runs scored while adding a double to go with the homer. Ed Johnson also recorded a multi-hit effort, going 2-for-4 with an RBI and a stolen base.

From Interim Head Coach Jason Jackson

"We got a huge start from (Hunter) Furtado. We got a huge home run from (Andrew) Pinckney. Pitching, hitting and I thought we played really good defense. It was a pretty clean game overall. I was proud of our guys for the way they played. They've been awesome."

How It Happened​

• T4 | Andrew Pinckney went opposite field for a two-run home run. (2-0, Alabama)
  • T6 | With runners at second and third, a groundout that resulted in an error allowed Pinckney to reach and a run to score. (3-0, Alabama)
  • T8 | Pinckney started the two-out rally with a double and was followed by a walk to Colby Shelton. Ed Johnson then brought Pinckney in with a single to right-center. (4-0, Alabama)

Hunter Furtado will start... he has the ability to pitch several several innings, but I think they'll let him go until he runs into trouble... hopefully they'll get 3 out of him... anything more is a bonus.
200w.gif

Piggies just a had a huge opportunity to end this game, but left two runners on. On to the 11th.

"Hey, lets show bunt a couple of times and then when they least expect it, lay it down and do a safety squeeze!"

Arky has a good program, but IMO Van Horn is overrated as a coach (which probably means they'll win the CWS this year).

Back
Top Bottom