| FTBL Remember the "Got Shula" themed t-shirts? From Nebraska ... better, worse, or just as bad?

Just as stupid. At least Frost has a track record of being a successful head coach, at an easier school to get talent. They came out with that Got Shula idiocy before he had accomplished anything.

Just as stupid. At least Frost has a track record of being a successful head coach, at an easier school to get talent. They came out with that Got Shula idiocy before he had accomplished anything.
Look at situation Shula was thrown into....
cant be teally to hard on him..as most are..
At Nebraska....they are looking for ANYTHING positive....as Bama was...anything

It's amazing how great a HC Don Shula was, no matter where he went. I was hoping some of that mojo had rubbed off with Mike when he took the job. But like his big brother who flamed out with the Bengals, he too just wasn't a chip off the old block. I couldn't care less that fans got a little too excited on a T-shirt. That's what we do and very well I might add. Seems like I saw some of those same t-shirts when we hired Saban.

In the end, Mike was a very good gameday QB and his late drive against the barners will be legendary forever. His comeback pass to Albert Bell vs Georgia wasn't half bad as well. I just know that as a HC he made the word jumbo sound a lot like dumbo.

Mike was just another case of a positional coach not being able to take on the head job. He would probably be a good OC at any major college, just not HC material. I do not blame him for not living up to unreasonable expectations. That is what those shirts were, unreasonable expectations before anything was proven. It is just a pet peeve of mine. I also do not wear any items with the claimed number of titles, as one of those is utter horseshit ('41)and a couple others are questionable. For that matter, it goes that way for other teams claimed titles during the poll period and prior, see '66 and '77(fuck Notre Dame)

Mike was just another case of a positional coach not being able to take on the head job. He would probably be a good OC at any major college, just not HC material. I do not blame him for not living up to unreasonable expectations. That is what those shirts were, unreasonable expectations before anything was proven. It is just a pet peeve of mine. I also do not wear any items with the claimed number of titles, as one of those is utter horseshit ('41)and a couple others are questionable. For that matter, it goes that way for other teams claimed titles during the poll period and prior, see '66 and '77(fuck Notre Dame)
But did get bama up to ....#3 in polls ....
But most part.... he didnt have a very good staff

Just about every coach we've had has been able to get Bama to 10 wins and some notoriety. Bill Curry was national coach of the year and shared an SEC title in 89. Franchione won 10 games and couldn't go to the SECCG because of probation. Even Dubose won an SEC championship and beat Florida twice in the same year to do it. Do I think all this gets done at some other place besides Alabama with these coaches? Uh, no.

Just about every coach we've had has been able to get Bama to 10 wins and some notoriety. Bill Curry was national coach of the year and shared an SEC title in 89. Franchione won 10 games and couldn't go to the SECCG because of probation. Even Dubose won an SEC championship and beat Florida twice in the same year to do it. Do I think all this gets done at some other place besides Alabama with these coaches? Uh, no.
Me needer...as curry didnt ....fran didnt after he left( did take a 70+-0 or so beating though)....Dubose? For his high school stuff....price didnt...if he counts....Shula no other hc job.... so...yeah....

Back
Top Bottom