• 4 large eggs
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • For the glaze:
    • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
    • 1 tablespoon Blue Powerade
    • 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
Instructions:

1. Prepare the crust: If using a pre-made crust, skip this step. If making your own, crush graham crackers and mix with melted butter. Press into a pie pan.
  2. Make the cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour, eggs, and vanilla; beat until combined. Pour over the crust.
  3. Bake: Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 50-60 minutes, or until set. Let cool completely.
  4. Add the blueberries: Top with blueberries.
  5. Make the glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, Blue Powerade, and lemon juice until smooth.
  6. Glaze the pie: Drizzle the glaze over the cooled pie.

MUSCADINE!!!!!!

But since it was not listed I’ll go with peach
Cobblers invoke so many memories. My mom used to make muscadine/scuppernong cobblers, would use the juice and the hulls. Tasty.

My wife makes an incredible peach cobbler, I have to give it number one for me. As a kid, we’d pick blackberries along the roadside, and my mom would make cobblers with a batch of homemade ice cream, a close number two. We had a sweet lady at church who’d always use strawberries for a cobbler, number three. Blueberry is next, and after that they’re all interchangeable.

We had little old ladies who always brought the same thing to church dinners, just great memories.

It has been a looooooong time since I have had either blackberry or even peach cobbler…too long. Almost whenever going to a Hard Rock Cafe I get apple cobbler. Never had a strawberry or even blueberry but have had a strawberry rhubarb streusel pie. That was pretty good.

Vanilla ice cream on top is mandatory!

Sweet potatoes need butter and salt not sugar and marshmallows, pumpkins should be only for carving or maybe shooting out of a cannon if you remember that.
Dang,you must be thinking of a whole different recipe than I use. Boil your potatoes whole with skin on until soft. skin 'em, cut into mouth sized pieces, add butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and brown sugar. Add some of the potato cooking water to your mixture so it wont dry out in the oven. Then add your crust mixture and bake.

I agree about the pumpkin. Good for bird houses as far as I am concerned.

Dang,you must be thinking of a whole different recipe than I use. Boil your potatoes whole with skin on until soft. skin 'em, cut into mouth sized pieces, add butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and brown sugar. Add some of the potato cooking water to your mixture so it wont dry out in the oven. Then add your crust mixture and bake.

I've never even heard of sweet potato cobbler I mentioned the marshmallows because of sweet potato casserole. I don't like dessert recipes with sweet potatoes.

I have a recipe for Puerto Rican Beans that has pumpkin as the 2nd ingredient in it that never has a leftover.

Back
Top Bottom