| FTBL Question about Tuscaloosa...From a Tiger fan

Tider 27 said:
LSUstudent said:
Thanks to everyone. I called the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa, and I was pleasantly surprised when she said they had 2 rooms available. I gave her my credit card number and everything and got the confirmation number. Then she said it was 308. 38 for one room for 2 nights. Then i peed my pants a little and asked her if the total would be over 600 dollars. She said yes it would and asked if I wanted to cancel. I said hell yes. Evidently the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa takes a lot of pride in itself haha. However, I did get a reasonable price over in Demopolis ( im told about a 45 min drive away). Thanks again

Demopolis aye? Thats my neck of the woods. It's actually closer to a hour drive. Which way are you going to go, 43 through Eutaw or 69 through Greensboro?

I would of gave you tons of info for hotels there, but I didn't think you would want to drive that far.

Is the Red Barn still in Demopolis? I need to get back there and claim some brain cells I lost. Is the Faunsdale Bar & Grill still alive and kicking, too? What about Dorothy's Kountry Kitchen in Greensboro (order whatever they're cooking on the front porch)? I'd hit those three places if I were in those parts.

It Takes Eleven said:
Tider 27 said:
LSUstudent said:
Thanks to everyone. I called the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa, and I was pleasantly surprised when she said they had 2 rooms available. I gave her my credit card number and everything and got the confirmation number. Then she said it was 308. 38 for one room for 2 nights. Then i peed my pants a little and asked her if the total would be over 600 dollars. She said yes it would and asked if I wanted to cancel. I said hell yes. Evidently the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa takes a lot of pride in itself haha. However, I did get a reasonable price over in Demopolis ( im told about a 45 min drive away). Thanks again

Demopolis aye? Thats my neck of the woods. It's actually closer to a hour drive. Which way are you going to go, 43 through Eutaw or 69 through Greensboro?

I would of gave you tons of info for hotels there, but I didn't think you would want to drive that far.

Is the Red Barn still in Demopolis? I need to get back there and claim some brain cells I lost. Is the Faunsdale Bar & Grill still alive and kicking, too? What about Dorothy's Kountry Kitchen in Greensboro (order whatever they're cooking on the front porch)? I'd hit those three places if I were in those parts.

Yes Red Barn is there (ate there a couple weeks ago) and Fausdale is still there. But Hoots is closed down. :(

It Takes Eleven said:
Tider 27 said:
LSUstudent said:

The Red Barn is very much so still there. Still charging a arm and a leg for food, and still serving Marengo County drunks. I'm at the Faunsdale Bar and Grill every April for the Crawfish Festival. I don't think it will ever die because of the festival. As for Dorothy's Kountry Kitchen, I don't think I've eaten there. Sounds damn good though, might have to see if its still up.

Back
Top Bottom