| FTBL Question about Tuscaloosa...From a Tiger fan

LSUstudent

Verified Member
So I have tickets to the game in Tuscaloosa in a few weeks. However, I have procrastinated reserving a hotel room because I'm, well because I'm a college student and thats the type of thing we college students do...
While searching the internet for hotels, I quickly realized that many others have beat me to EVERY hotel within 30 minutes of Tuscaloosa. I am writing to the Alabama Faithful to ask if anyone knows of ANY hotel in the Tuscaloosa area that might not have listings on sites such as Orbitz or Expedia. For example, I am from a small town in Louisiana, and we have a hotel named the Boudreaux Inn because, well because thats the type of name we give our hotels in Louisiana. Anyway the Boudreaux Inn does not have info on such sites. I am assuming there are small towns around Tuscaloosa that might have similar places.
I traveled to Auburn last year and had a good time. However, everyone I talk to says that the time I had in Auburn will not compare to Tuscaloosa. I am going with a few friends and we would really like to stay close enough to Tuscaloosa that we can go out and have a good time and not worry about driving an hour to a hotel.
Please let me know of ANY hotel, cabin, lodge, cave, or dwelling that might have an open bed/floor for that weekend of the game. Thanks

Oh and good luck against the Semenholes!!

You are pretty much screwed bro. You could try some of the lower class places, but to be honest, I can't even think of their names... except for the Moonwinx, but I wouldn't let you stay at a place that rents by the hour. Birmingham might be your best bet, but that is almost an hour away, and you said you don't want that. Drive up in a big SUV, bring some sleeping bags, and take a shower at the YMCA. Might not be the ideal way, but it 'WOULD' work.

yeah Birmingham is your best bet.... there is a Hampton Inn in Bessemer thats very nice, and may not be full yet... and if you do find a room anywhere.. expect it to be $$$$$$$$$

It's not the most obvious option, but since factor mentioned Meridian you might also want to look at Columbus, Mississippi. It's about the same distance away as Bessemer (about 40 mins or so) but just in the opposite direction.

Chances are you might end up staying somewhere other than TTown.

bear facts said:
There's Meridian, well because that is the type of town west of Tuscaloosa off I-20 that might have something available.

I've stayed in Meridian twice, Duke game last year and LSU in '05. It's only about an hour-and-a-half drive to T-town. And, when you get up on Sunday morning, you're that much closer to Louisiana.

Thanks to everyone. I called the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa, and I was pleasantly surprised when she said they had 2 rooms available. I gave her my credit card number and everything and got the confirmation number. Then she said it was 308. 38 for one room for 2 nights. Then i peed my pants a little and asked her if the total would be over 600 dollars. She said yes it would and asked if I wanted to cancel. I said hell yes. Evidently the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa takes a lot of pride in itself haha. However, I did get a reasonable price over in Demopolis ( im told about a 45 min drive away). Thanks again

I've known people to drive up to T-Town... park at the local RV business and rent a small RV for the wknd. Return it on Sunday and drive back. Probability might be low at this point but anything is possible. I don't know the names of any RV business but Google might? In the end it is safer and the $ will probably be the same? Good luck.

LSUstudent said:
Thanks to everyone. I called the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa, and I was pleasantly surprised when she said they had 2 rooms available. I gave her my credit card number and everything and got the confirmation number. Then she said it was 308. 38 for one room for 2 nights. Then i peed my pants a little and asked her if the total would be over 600 dollars. She said yes it would and asked if I wanted to cancel. I said hell yes. Evidently the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa takes a lot of pride in itself haha. However, I did get a reasonable price over in Demopolis ( im told about a 45 min drive away). Thanks again

Only $300 a night.. thats not bad to be in T-town on gameday :)

Yea I live in Demopolis and its a great place to stay for anyone coming up from the south. We have 3 new hotels and plenty of places to eat at and such. Also, there is a great locally owned hotel that sits right on the river that has great prices too. Feel free to PM me and I will help any way I can.

Atlanta_Tider said:
Nothing wrong with the Moonwinx or Old English Inn if you drink enough :D :D

Neither is Tutwiler Dorm as long as you don't get caught. :wink:

If you end up on the "right" side, you have an excellent view of the stadium and cemetery. :D

The ol' Moonwinx. :lol: :lol:

bear facts said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

If you end up on the "right" side, you have an excellent view of the stadium and cemetery. :D

I once wore a wig to get into the Tut for a night of fun! Damn I was an ugly woman! My view was stadium side though :D

Hell the Moonwinx was a nice hotel in your day wasn't it! :)

bear facts said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

You mean Slutwiler? :wink:

And people wonder why all my "friends" were in Parham or had off-campus appartments. Back on topic, there are hotels in Livingston and York (both about an hour southwest of TTown on I20) that aren't ususally too expensive.

LSUstudent said:

Demopolis aye? Thats my neck of the woods. It's actually closer to a hour drive. Which way are you going to go, 43 through Eutaw or 69 through Greensboro?

I would of gave you tons of info for hotels there, but I didn't think you would want to drive that far.

Back
Top Bottom