| FTBL Ole Miss Juniors... Any Interest BAMA?

rolltide66

Seems Bama could use some real talent in the DBackfield and could use some talent on the DLine. Any members of the Ole Miss team that would possibly be courted by Bama? A stud OLine man (G/C)

Juniors (most anyway) on Roster: 2 CB's and Speaks at DE... Also OC and LG... interested.... maybe a need but? will Bama look to a 1 year solution?

36 Zedrick Woods DB 5-11/201 JR-2L Starter CB Lake City, Fl./Columbia
28 Cam Ordway DB 5-11/182 JR-2L 2nd Team Star Pulaski, Tn./Giles County
26 C.J. Moore DB 5-11/198 JR-2L 2nd Team FS Bassfield, Ms./Bassfield
21 Javien Hamilton DB 5-10/176 JR-JC 2nd Team CB Louin, Ms./Bay Springs/Jones Co JC
5 Ken Webster DB 5-11/194 JR-3L Starter CB Decatur, Ga./Stockbridge
19 Markel Winters DE 6-3/252 JR-JC 2nd Team DE Tallahassee, Fl./Rickards/East Carolina/Jones Co JC
14 Victor Evans DE 6-3/243 JR-2L Dallas, Tx/Skyline
9 Breeland Speaks DE 6-3/285 JR-2L Starter DE Jackson, Ms./Callaway
42 Garrald McDowell DL 6-2/264 JR-2L Covington, La./Covington
96 Jordan Hebert DT 5-11/291 JR-2L Klein, Tx/Klein
90 Ross Donelly DT 6-1/318 JR-2L Houston, Tx/Cy-Fair
43 Detric Bing-Dukes LB 6-1/254 JR-1L 3rd Team MLB Tucker, Ga./Tucker/Iowa Western CC
79 Javon Patterson OL 6-3/314 JR-2L Starter LG Petal, Ms./Petal
70 Jordan Sims OL 6-4/330 JR-2L 2nd Team OC/RG Homewood, Al./Homewood
50 Sean Rawlings OL 6-5/294 JR-2L Starter OC Madison, Ms/Madison Ridgeland Academy
16 Graham Lindman QB 6-4/216 JR-JC Noblesville, In/Homeschool/Lindenwood/Santa Barbara CC
10 Jordan Ta'amu QB 6-2/212 JR-JC Starter after Patterson injury Pearl City, Hawaii/Pearl City/New Mexico Military
25 D.K. Buford RB 5-11/231 JR-2L Oxford, Ms./Lafayette
85 Alex Weber WR 6-1/186 JR-2L Lake City, Fl./Columbia
17 Floyd Allen WR 5-11/185 JR-JC Houston, Tx/Nimitz/Bethany/El Camino College
5 DaMarkus Lodge WR 6-2/199 JR-2L Starter Cedar Hill, Tx/Cedar Hill

Last edited by a moderator:
NCAA allows the Rising Srs to transfer without having to sit out. So, only the Jrs can move on and play for a winner next year. Because of the post season bowl ban.
The So's and Fr are stuck or if they transfer they must sit for a year (redshirt).. With the current Recruiting class that Bama has, and the mass exodus of many of the skill players (Safety/db's DL) Seems it would be advantageous to add DB's and Speaks at DE and if they (just like JUCO transfers) dont make the starting line up... we have good experienced back ups while the Fr, So, Jrs learn their jobs. Just my thoughts. Not sure Bama needs another WR with the group coming back and the 2 redshirt fr. and the probably of getting 2 new Fr WR's

^^ Also, another observation.

AJ and Jalen are both sophomores, and I'm sure they got to know each other on the camp and recruiting combine circuits in HS, probably playing on some of the same 7-on7 teams.

Now, they may be friends outside of football because of their connection IN football. Which means that Jalen probably has some rapport with AJ. And upon finding out about release waivers for current players from the NCAA hammer this morning, it wouldn't surprise me at all that: if Jalen and AJ are INDEED friends, it would make sense for Jalen to try and woo his friend over to our side and actually compete for a championship with him. This is especially crucial because we lose a few WRs this year, only 1 major contributor in Ridley. So we'll have a couple of (then) sophomores in Jeudy, Smith, et-all, and not much more meaningful experience than that.

Could you imagine Jeudy, Smith, and Brown as our 3 wideouts next year?

Could you imagine Jeudy, Smith, and Brown as our 3 wideouts next year?

Ruggs has more TDs than the rest of the young guns on our team. Brown plays in an air raid offense and a lot of his stuff will never, ever translate on a Bama field. We aren't devoting our entire gameplan to a spread em out, let it rip for 4 quarters passing attack. How good would Ridley look in their jailbreak express? Brown is going to be a lot more pedestrian in our approach and he had better be able to block to boot. In that, it's impossible to target what we have, not sure why we need more of the same.

I've been wondering this week if only Damien had been available in the barner game much like Henry his last season, how different our rushing attack would have looked? This is the second time in 2 years we have completely forgotten about the best running back we have in our most crucial games. Still not sure what the gameplan was but having more guys than we can put on the field isn't always a blessing and Brown feels like more of the same.

My guess is auBurn will try their best to pick up as many as they can... They lose a ton of talent this year and won't have any talent to fill the gaps... watch and see...

Not what Gus said. He said they loaded and expect to be in SEC championship again next season.
Good luck... loosing 4 of 5 starters and 1 backup on the Oline is never a good thing...

Not to mention I would expect them to lose their top two RB's in petway and johnson... maybe in Cox if he's graded well.
On Defense they lose Tre Williams, Roberts, Mathews (their best defensive guys this year) Nick Ruffin and I would expect to see Holland, Deshaun, Carlton Davis and Williams to take a look at the NFL too.

Then take their best point scorer in Carlson off the field as cherry on top...

If you've watch any of the aU games this year where they played the 2nd string in blow outs... it's pretty obvious the drop off in ability...

Wishful thinking for Gussy... he should have taken the Arky job... but I'm happy he stayed at aU... He's "special" for sure...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom