| FOOD Ok who is ready for a steak ?

giphy.gif

What temp & humidity? What are you doing this in?
35/36 degrees on the temp. I keep the humidity around 65 to 70%. The fridge is just for dry aging, nothing else is stored in it. I made me a hanger with stainless meat hooks, removed the shelves and kept the bottom drawer for my salt. First time worked really good (30 day beef tenderloin)... this is round 2, going 45 days on this one (14 lb. boneless ribeye.)

35/36 degrees on the temp. I keep the humidity around 65 to 70%. The fridge is just for dry aging, nothing else is stored in it. I made me a hanger with stainless meat hooks, removed the shelves and kept the bottom drawer for my salt. First time worked really good (30 day beef tenderloin)... this is round 2, going 45 days on this one (14 lb. boneless ribeye.)
Excellent, thank you.

Good stuff Purl. But what are my untrained eyes supposed to see as this beauty ages? The delta is not sticking out to me.
Mostly the color change and its appearance starts getting a waxy look. Zoom in on the day 2 and then on the day 23 and you can see it better, especially the left side corner and the day 23 is starting to get its "mold" spots that seals in that flavor and breaks down the connective tissue making it cut like butter when its grilled. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom