| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC What is a true story that you'd like to see made into a movie?

A movie about a young man from Alabama who went into the Army in order to send money to his family (both parents had passed away). Got sent to Korea & fought for a year and was then stationed in Japan. Was an instructor in a small mountaineering and winter warfare school in the army in Japan.
Was featured in a story in Stars & Stripes newspaper about the school.
Along with 9 other men rappelled into a semi-active volcano in the Pacific , spent the night in the crater & then recovered the bodies of 9 naval men who had crashed into the crater 6 months prior. Climbed Mt. Fuji, raised hell, & then returned to Alabama, raised a family, and never spoke much about it.
I learned about this more fully 10 years after he passed away. Researched it enough to find a widow in Pennsylvania who had a film of the venture into the volcano (husband was a member of this elite team who made the recovery in 1953 - he had a wind-up Kodak film camera). Met & interviewed the last living member about 8 years ago - he passed 3 years ago.
I would love to see a movie about this hero. This is a completely true story about my dad.

Man!!!!
I would’ve loved the opportunity to have met your dad!!!! What a fantastic story, true badass American!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom