| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

My only gun is a cheap New England 12 Pump. Mostly used for skeet and kept loaded with the above combo, in case I ever need it for that.

One of my brothers has a nice collection though. Has a 50 cal black powder rifle he got while stationed in Germany. Also has a 50 cal Desert Eagle. Those are my two favorites of his, he has many other handguns. I fired the black powder once, my shoulder was bruised for a week.

Lost all of mine through the years. My bed gun is a Ruger 97D in .45, my carry is a Glock 36 .45, I have a Guardian Arms .32 pocket pistol, 10/22, a Remington BDL in .270 and a Beautiful Model 12.

But I have owned some beautiful weapons.

Aside from the kimber, this is one of my best looking guns. I've had it about 20 years.

7829fd05180b68b9006dad59702f0486.jpg

I love the old Belgian made, Remington on Browning patent semis. Among my Dad and I, we have two full sets (.410, 20, 16, 12). My Dad has a Winchester Model 94 .38-40 that's nice, but it's seen some use. He killed a 220 pound buck from his front yard with the iron sights. He always wanted a sidearm that used the same ammo, just like the cowboys, so for his birthday this past year I found a Ruger Blackhawk convertible 10mm-.38-40. They only made them in 1990 in a limited run of 5,000 called a Buckeye Special. They go for a premium over the .357's and .44's, but it caught him completely by surprise - which was the whole idea.

RTR,

Tim

I love the old Belgian made, Remington on Browning patent semis. Among my Dad and I, we have two full sets (.410, 20, 16, 12).

Tim: If you're a shotgun fan, and I have to believe you are based upon the above, then you may enjoy visiting www.shotgunworld.com. Online shotgun sales of all varieties (prices are higher than local, in most instances), excellent how-to sections, forums for fans of every different manufacturer & model, etc. It is run by a guy out of Decatur, AL, but the members are worldwide. If there is a shotgun or its part somewhere in existence on this earth, then these folks know about it and can help you find it.

I love the old Belgian made, Remington on Browning patent semis. Among my Dad and I, we have two full sets (.410, 20, 16, 12). My Dad has a Winchester Model 94 .38-40 that's nice, but it's seen some use. He killed a 220 pound buck from his front yard with the iron sights. He always wanted a sidearm that used the same ammo, just like the cowboys, so for his birthday this past year I found a Ruger Blackhawk convertible 10mm-.38-40. They only made them in 1990 in a limited run of 5,000 called a Buckeye Special. They go for a premium over the .357's and .44's, but it caught him completely by surprise - which was the whole idea.

RTR,

Tim

Do we have a Wooly for Best Son?

Also, for you gun aficionados, I admit, I am not really one, you should check out this place...

https://thecmp.org/

I used to work on their phone system and data network. They refurbish and sell military surplus M1 rifles. The also host shooting competitions. I met R Lee Ermey there once, he was there for one of the competitions.

Tim: If you're a shotgun fan, and I have to believe you are based upon the above, then you may enjoy visiting www.shotgunworld.com. Online shotgun sales of all varieties (prices are higher than local, in most instances), excellent how-to sections, forums for fans of every different manufacturer & model, etc. It is run by a guy out of Decatur, AL, but the members are worldwide. If there is a shotgun or its part somewhere in existence on this earth, then these folks know about it and can help you find it.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I have far more long guns than handguns, and more shotguns than rifles. We hunted more than handgun shooting, nobody messed with each other in the country. I started hunting squirrels, rabbits and doves with a single shot .410 as a 10 year old. When I moved to a Remington 1100 as a 14 year old, I killed just as many doves, but with three times the shells. We had beagles who were slow to track rabbits so they'd always circle them back to you for a good kill, and a dachshund mix that was one of the best squirrel dogs I've ever seen. I loved to watch her circle the tree to give me a good shot, and attack them when they dropped. Ever now and then one would have a bit more life in it than for her liking, she'd get nipped, and the fight was on.

Since then, life's gotten in the way of my hunting - much of it my choice - and I started backpacking more than hunting. Add in long hours at work, and now I'm just holding out to retire and get some of my time back.

RTR,

Tim

Had a couple of little Fiest dogs that seemed to hunt squirrels by sight. They always treed near you.

My friend got a redbone trained to hunt squirrel. You could hear him tree from a mile away.

Get a small dog for squirrel.

Squirrel dumplings is the only way I've had it, mainly because that was how my Dad ate it, and it can be tough so you can tender it up a bit that way. My Dad ate it as a kid because that's all they had to eat, we ate it a little for more old time's sake than out of need. It's tougher and gamier tasting than venison, there's really little comparison. In terms of game that I've eaten, it's dead last. Mind you, I've never had coon, possum or, ahem, beaver.

Back
Top Bottom