| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

As long as Gideon fills out his bracket this week he should win the CF pick-em season. So great job to Gideon.

I also wanted to congratulate everyone else who filled out their bracket the majority of the weeks. Even the lowest rated person is still about 12 spots from the bottom. I forget the # we started out with but it was around 34 or so and the majority of those didnt quit until they realized how sucky they were. Congrats to all the winners who stuck it out and competed.

So we did black friday. Tried to do it online at Walmart.com when it started last night. Huge waste of time, whenever they stopped having technical difficulties, everything was OoS and then more technical difficulties. Went to the b&m today about 40 to 6. Got everything on the list. Didn't have any trouble at all. I was impressed with how organized they were. They handed out wristbands for the big tvs and had lines for the smaller ones, but had people with a list of how many they had and checked them off as people lined up, so you wouldn't waste your time. Got a pretty nice 32" Roku tv for the bedroom for $125. Thought for sure that would have been gone. The wife decided she wanted this Rachel Ray cookware set for $98. I hope there's something she likes about it and not just getting it because of the name on it. I was like "They don't at least have it in red? I have to see this ugly vol orange in the kitchen every time? And if I post a pic in Grillin and Chillin I get to get teased about it?" She said "Oh they had red too." Then why the hell did you grab the ugly orange? I took it back to the pallet and traded it for the red.

Took this photo a few weeks ago near Ft Worth.

20150926_144947_zpsrwq2yxbz.jpg

Thanks. I was so traumatized, I missed the "near Ft. Worth" precursor.

After four days of work to get ready for a family get together, and cleaning up the aftermath, I made a 100 mile commute into work today into Atlanta. Traffic was nonexistent, and after working from 6am to 3pm, I retired to my favorite midtown bar to watch a little football. At 4, I'm reminded by text that I've not worked nearly as hard today as my spouse. What to do?

I told Hannibal I was willing to either take it over or start a successor site if he didn't want to deal with it anymore, but he insisted he still wants to run it.
I appreciate all of Hannibal's efforts, and mean no disrespect in saying this, but if he doesn't want or doesn't have time to run/create a functioning site, then he should considering handing it off to someone else.

If he doesn't have time, I understand that, and his life should come way before WoollyAL. That's why I think it might be a good idea to hand it off to someone else, if his other obligations need his full attention and time.

Thanks. I was so traumatized, I missed the "near Ft. Worth" precursor.

After four days of work to get ready for a family get together, and cleaning up the aftermath, I made a 100 mile commute into work today into Atlanta. Traffic was nonexistent, and after working from 6am to 3pm, I retired to my favorite midtown bar to watch a little football. At 4, I'm reminded by text that I've not worked nearly as hard today as my spouse. What to do?

Yikes, 100 mile commute, you must really love that job :)

I appreciate all of Hannibal's efforts, and mean no disrespect in saying this, but if he doesn't want or doesn't have time to run/create a functioning site, then he should considering handing it off to someone else.

If he doesn't have time, I understand that, and his life should come way before WoollyAL. That's why I think it might be a good idea to hand it off to someone else, if his other obligations need his full attention and time.

I have the time and, I feel at least, the technical expertise to do it. I'm not a coder, but I've been administering networks and repairing/upgrading hardware for 20 years now. I can edit code to tweak things just fine.

I support Hannibal and his doing things his way, but I'm ready to run a successor site if we need to. If that is the route we go, however, we may have to find some free software to begin with. I'm doing a move in 3 days and don't have the extra cash to foot the bill for premium software right now myself, and I doubt the user base would want to donate again so soon, and I wouldn't want to ask them to. And then there's hosting..

I hope if he can't do it, he will hand it off to someone reliable because it would be a lot more difficult to start from scratch.

Yikes, 100 mile commute, you must really love that job :)

I went straight from the lake (actually about 115 miles), normal commute is 26 miles each way. I'll drive into work from the lake once every few weeks on I-20. Traffic typically stinks, but coming in from Alabama on Black Friday, this is the first time I had to think about watching my speed as I made the curve onto the Downtown Connector. It was 80 miles an hour all the way.

I do like the job, though. :)

I have the time and, I feel at least, the technical expertise to do it. I'm not a coder, but I've been administering networks and repairing/upgrading hardware for 20 years now. I can edit code to tweak things just fine.

I support Hannibal and his doing things his way, but I'm ready to run a successor site if we need to. If that is the route we go, however, we may have to find some free software to begin with. I'm doing a move in 3 days and don't have the extra cash to foot the bill for premium software right now myself, and I doubt the user base would want to donate again so soon, and I wouldn't want to ask them to. And then there's hosting..

I hope if he can't do it, he will hand it off to someone reliable because it would be a lot more difficult to start from scratch.
He tweeted this yesterday:

@WoollyAl: The Woolly will still be back, folks.

Back
Top Bottom