| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

I never understood why they let those Syrian refugees flood into Europe in the first place. There were other stable and more culturally compatible countries nearby such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

So I saw this pic on a melt link. I don't know what that is, but does anyone else see what I see?

sad-oregon-fan-300x225.jpg

I never understood why they let those Syrian refugees flood into Europe in the first place. There were other stable and more culturally compatible countries nearby such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Turkey is not stable enough to manage hundreds of thousands of refugees. If oil stays at $40, or drops, the Saudis and every other middle eastern producing country, as well as Russia, will be compromised.

RTR,

Tim

Turkey is not stable enough to manage hundreds of thousands of refugees. If oil stays at $40, or drops, the Saudis and every other middle eastern producing country, as well as Russia, will be compromised.

RTR,

Tim

Turkey and Saudi Arabia have been politically stable for decades. Especially compared to most of the region. The real answer is that they didn't want them and wouldn't take them.

Turkey and Saudi Arabia have been politically stable for decades. Especially compared to most of the region. The real answer is that they didn't want them and wouldn't take them.

I see it a little differently, but I agree neither was willing to help. Turkey has dissident factions they battle constantly, and there is the tug between the U.S. and Russia for their favor. No disagreement they didn't want them. The pressure of weak oil on every ME regime is appreciable. I'm not predicting the royal family is in peril, but about a third, maybe 40 percent, of Saudi residents are foreign workers. The're not going to add a million that aren't there to fill an employment need.

According to French officials, at least:
  • 112 were killed at the Bataclan theater.
  • 14 were killed on Rue Bichat at the site of the Le Petit Cambodge restaurant, in the 10th district.
  • 19 died on Rue de Charonne in the 11th district, outside a bar called La Belle Equipe.
  • Four were killed on Avenue de la Republique, in the 10th district.
  • Four others died outside the Stade de France, in Saint-Denis, north of Paris.

Nah. I have enough things to worry about without having to watch the news.
Well, there has been a major terror attack in Paris (ISIS is likely responsible), that has resulted in the deaths of at least 158 people, and left 200+ injured. The attacks took place in six separate locations all in a very coordinated fashion.

Back
Top Bottom