| FTBL Offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien

So, I wonder if he's truly banking on NFL options but I honestly think He will end up sitting next season out on CFB and NFL if no offers come his way. He can't be picky with jobs. GT job was his had he agreed to the salary.

Yes, he almost took the GT job, but he's not at all interested in dealing with NIL and portal stuff. He's certainly in a position where he can sit back and sit out... he could retire and be fine obviously. But the Patriots have an open offer to him if he wants it. I'm sure when the NFL season wraps up he will explore other NFL options as well (more than likely he will be in Mobile during Sr. Bowl week)... but he eventually wants back there. He didn't like how things ended in Houston and wants some redemption.

Yes, he almost took the GT job, but he's not at all interested in dealing with NIL and portal stuff. He's certainly in a position where he can sit back and sit out... he could retire and be fine obviously. But the Patriots have an open offer to him if he wants it. I'm sure when the NFL season wraps up he will explore other NFL options as well (more than likely he will be in Mobile during Sr. Bowl week)... but he eventually wants back there. He didn't like how things ended in Houston and wants some redemption.
It's a matter of timing. Early December is the beginning of college coaching transitions. NFL coaching transitions won't begin until early January. IMO, O'Brien is suited more for the NFL - either as an OC or HC.

And we all saw what happened with Sark and his play calling this past season. Without weapons, he's ordinary. When I think about the cards BOB was dealt I doubt Sark could have done any better.
But then we had somebody like Kiffin turning wildcat/backup RB Blake Sims into a 3500-yard passer.

Good OCs cater to their personnel strengths while mitigating their deficiencies.

The reason we have so many WRs trying to transfer is the precise reason many of us on here have observed all season: that BoB's simplistic route trees suck. There were little favorable matchups created.

We had a WEAPON at TE in Latu that was underutilized.

We had a returning Heisman winner that barely cracked 3,000 passing yards, over a 1,000 yard regression from this point in the season last year.

We didn't have a single 1,000 yard rusher, and nowhere CLOSE to a 1,000 yard receiver. Not one. Sure, we had Williams and Metchie last year. No one on the roster can come close to the game-breaking ability of that tandem.

But... You can't tell me that our WR corps was literally 100% worse this year.

You can't tell me we were THAT deficient at key skill positions this year.

BoB got fat and happy from an easy job with superior talent last year.

When he had to actually do a little coaching this year, he failed that test.

He did less with more.

One would think since Stanford was considering Jason Garrett that they would have considered BOB. Would be acceptable to BOB because Stanford doesn't appear to be interested in NIL and portal stuff either.

Last edited:
One would think since Stanford was considering Jason Garrett that they would have considered BOB. Would be acceptable to BOB because Stanford doesn't appear to be interested in NIL and portal stuff either.

He'd probably do fairly well there... but his plan/desire for a while has been to get back to the NFL... the GT job got his attention for a couple of reasons but they were going to have to make it worth it money wise and they couldn't.

He'd probably do fairly well there... but his plan/desire for a while has been to get back to the NFL... the GT job got his attention for a couple of reasons but they were going to have to make it worth it money wise and they couldn't.
It be a good job for BOB. Stanford is a prestigious school and has shown that you can win there. If he takes it, please God.... take Golding with you.

That would be a tough part of job...
It was bad enough just trying to recruit your own kids to come out and play in HS when I was coaching. You were sometimes going against other coaches on staff. The ones that pushed “play my sport and no other”. That shit always pissed me off!! Hated to tell kids that there weren’t any 6’ power forwards in college basketball or any pitchers in college throwing a 79 mph heater!!!

It was bad enough just trying to recruit your own kids to come out and play in HS when I was coaching. You were sometimes going against other coaches on staff. The ones that pushed “play my sport and no other”. That shit always pissed me off!! Hated to tell kids that there weren’t any 6’ power forwards in college basketball or any pitchers in college throwing a 79 mph heater!!!

But...you know...regardless of shit HS makes you deal with....
Dealing and teaching and helping kids is just DAMN rewarding...
Ms50+ was a 20 year teacher...and all of you that put so much soul into ur work...
God Bless you all

But then we had somebody like Kiffin turning wildcat/backup RB Blake Sims into a 3500-yard passer.

Good OCs cater to their personnel strengths while mitigating their deficiencies.

The reason we have so many WRs trying to transfer is the precise reason many of us on here have observed all season: that BoB's simplistic route trees suck. There were little favorable matchups created.

We had a returning Heisman winner that barely cracked 3,000 passing yards, over a 1,000 yard regression from this point in the season last year.

We didn't have a single 1,000 yard rusher, and nowhere CLOSE to a 1,000 yard receiver. Not one. Sure, we had Williams and Metchie last year. No one on the roster can come close to the game-breaking ability of that tandem.

But... You can't tell me that our WR corps was literally 100% worse this year.

You can't tell me we were THAT deficient at key skill positions this year.

BoB got fat and happy from an easy job with superior talent last year.

When he had to actually do a little coaching this year, he failed that test.

He did less with more.

1670691875876.png

Back
Top Bottom