| RECRUIT October update

Recruiting - BONE: Monday recruiting thoughts | BamaInsider.com

1. Jordan Davis, 2018 four-star linebacker from Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi, signed with Alabama in February. Davis failed to qualify. He is expected to graduate from Co-Lin in December 2019 and enroll as a part of the 2020 class. Davis announced on Saturday night his plan to re-sign with Alabama. We had a thread about this the other day, but I wanted to make sure to touch on it again. This is more of a one-way commitment (at this time). Alabama is not allowed to speak with him after two semesters. He is also not allowed to visit until after two semesters. A lot of times Alabama has not re-signed players who went to JuCo. Of course, there are also situations where they have signed- Quinton Dial, Deion Belue for example. I expect Alabama will re-sign Davis, but at the time they will re-evalaute after this season and monitor his progress in the classroom.

2. Byron Young, four-star defensive end from West Jones High School in Laurel, Mississippi, took an official visit to Florida this past weekend. Young is enjoying trips. You might also if you were a 17-18-year old player with coaches begging you to come on campus for a free trip. Young will likely take more trips. The worry and fret will continue. Not so much from the Alabama side (at least as of now). Alabama feels strongly it will hold on to Young. He also says he is 100-percent committed to Alabama.

3. I spoke with Wandale Robinson, four-star athlete from Western Hills High School in Frankfort, Kentucky, earlier today. He said he will announce his decision on November 1. He took an official visit to Ohio State this past weekend. I still think Alabama will only take one more receiver in this class. The No. 1 target is George Pickens. Alabama will likely accept a commitment from Robinson, but at the same time there doesn't seem a major push. I've also heard if they take him he will fit the 'athlete' category instead of just a WR recruit.

4. Speaking of Pickens- It will come as a big shock if he doesn't re-open his recruitment soon. I don't imagine an immediate flip somewhere. I just expect him to re-open and take all of his official visits. Alabama is making a major push.

5. Alabama moved back to No. 1 in the Rivals.com team recruiting rankings last week after Georgia (previous No. 1) lost three commitments. Five-star WR Jadon Haselwood was probably the biggest surprise de-commitment for the Bulldogs. Yes, he has been taking visits elsewhere. He is an in-state player and Uga doesn't ever lose those players (according to some fans on this board). Some have asked if Alabama will recruit Haselwood. I addressed this last week. Something happened between the two sides a while ago. Both have gone their separate ways. Uga fell to the No. 9 class and is currently fourth in the SEC behind Alabama, Texas A&M and LSU. You can expect their class to end up very strong and will challenge Alabama in the end. However, Alabama is still in great shape for several elite players/five-stars. I still predict Alabama to sign the No. 1 class in the country.

6. Alabama will host Bryan Breese, 2020 five-star defensive end from Damascus High School in Maryland, this weekend. Obviously, it's huge to get the No. 4 overall player in the Rivals100 on campus for a visit. Breese was in Tuscaloosa in two summers ago. He has taken several visits to Ohio State and Penn State. He has also visited Georgia a few times this year. Alabama is probably on the outside looking in right now, but a trip to T-Town can certainly turn things in the right direction for the Crimson Tide. I'll have a complete list of visitors for the Missouri game later this week.

7. What will Bama do at DB? Alabama has three commitments- DeMarrco Hellams, Christian Williams and Brandon Turnage. I expect Alabama to keep all of those players on board. Alabama missed on Dax Hill, but like I said a few weeks ago- Alabama has three safety commitments in this class. Yes, Hill is a great player- an All-American type. Numbers are good at the position. There’s several players Alabama likes, but who will they take? I can confidently say they are high on three particular players- Noa Pola-Gates, Jeffery Carter and Jordan Battle. Carter is committed to Texas A&M and Battle to Ohio State. Both expect to make it to Bama sometime this season. Pola-Gates has Alabama at the top of his list. He expects to take his official visit for the Iron Bowl.

Akeem Dent and Marcus Banks are also held in high regard by the Alabama. Dent plans on taking an official visit to Alabama. He is committed to Florida State, but will it last? Banks is committed to LSU. He visited Alabama a few weeks ago. Alabama DBs coach Karl Scott went to see him play on Friday night. So it's definitely getting a little bit more interesting at the overall DB position. Is Alabama considering two more? I don't know if that will happen, but you can certainly expect at least one more DB and it will come from the group of players mentioned.

8. Keon Zipperer, four-star tight end from Lakeland High School in Florida, named a top six a few days ago. Alabama was included in the list. Just a heads up- Alabama is not expected to take another tight end. They might remain in contact. You never know what may happen- what if Jahleel Billinglsey decides he doesn't want to go to Alabama? I don't expect that to happen. Just always have to leave the door open in case anything changes. Zipperer will likely visit Alabama again at some point. I just don't expect him to have a spot as long as Billinglsey stays on board (once again there is no concern here).

9. What's next for Kayvon Thibodeaux? The five-star edge rusher will take an official visit to Oregon this weekend. Thibodeaux has taken official visits to Alabama and Florida State. He has yet to announce when he will take an official visit to USC. I still think Alabama has a very good chance to sign the elite pass rusher. He is a tough one to figure out. This also comes from people who are close to him and the coaches who are recruiting him from all schools. I don't think it will surprise many people which school he decides to attend. I definitely believe FSU was at or near the top of the list with Alabama prior to the start of the season. I just don't know if he still has the Noles as high as others because of their season. Maybe.. All I can say in regards to Alabama is the Crimson Tide remains very strong in its pursuit. Alabama believes it has a good chance to sign him. Doesn't mean they will.

BamaInsider.com - Alabama recruiting: Top 5 offensive targets

The University of Alabama is looking to add another running back to this class. Keilan Robinson is on the commitment list. He is more of a dynamic back who is a pace-changer much like Josh Jacobs in the Tide's offense. Alabama needs a bruiser who can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Former Crimson Tide commitment Trey Sanders remains high on the wish list.
There are several schools hoping to land the top running back in the country including Florida and Texas. Other running back options remain in the mix including Deondrick Glass, Tyrion Davis and Jerrion Ealy
Can Alabama sway George Pickens, the No. 1 player in the state, away from his year-plus commitment to the Auburn Tigers? Pickens may not immediately flip to another program, but there is some indication he will re-open his recruitment at some point.
Alabama has been searching for an elite, big-bodied receiver in this class. Pickens has taken several trips to Tuscaloosa in the past year. It seems Alabama has a good chance with the elite prospect. Alabama is also recruiting Wandale Robinson who is a smaller receiver. He is versatile, and schools can utilize his talents in several ways including running back. Alabama is recruiting Robinson mainly as an athlete.

Darnell Wright is the top rated offensive lineman in the country. He has the best relationship (coaching-wise) with Alabama offensive line coach, Brent Key. Wright has visited Alabama twice in 2018 and will return later this season for the Iron Bowl. A decision is not expected until closer to signing day in February. He plans to take an official visit to Alabama in January.
Wright's recruitment will likely come down to Alabama and Tennessee. Ohio State and Clemson are also strongly in the mix.

The battle for Clay Webb continues to intensity by the day. He was rated for more than a year as the No. 1 player in the state of Alabama. Pickens has moved into the top slot, but Webb remains a high-value target.
His recruitment has gone back-and-forth as many believe it's an Alabama-Georgia battle. His recruitment will likely come down to the wire. He will commit and sign in December. He has been to Tuscaloosa twice this season and Athens once. He will take a few more trips to each campus before reaching a final decision.

It's a very realistic possibility Alabama gets two former commitments back on board. Both players are rated a five-star and both attend IMG Academy. Alabama is in the top group for Trey Sanders and Evan Neal. Neal has developed into one of the premier prospects in the country. His impressive weight loss and dominance on the field have turned heads across the country.
Neal
might end up the top offensive lineman in the country before the final rankings. He is a massive prospect who continues to draw lofty praise. Alabama is strongly in the mix. This is a battle between Alabama and Miami. Other schools are in the race, but his recruitment should come down between these two programs.
Alabama has put together a great offensive line class. It has a good chance to become even better with players like Neal, Webb and Wright still on the recruiting board.

Back
Top Bottom