| MBB/WBB No. 18/16 Alabama Dominates Jacksonville State in a 104-62 Win

That was a huge imrovement over the first 3 games. That was a fun game to watch. Can they play at a high level consistently. So far it seams the rebounding and defense is consistent. Offense is up and down. They were certainly up tonight,

So Miller looks to be more of what we hoped than JD was last year? So far his numbers look incredible for a freshman.

I had to look him up, but it looks like JD made the Celtics roster. Hasn’t scored this season but at least he made their roster. The way they are knifing through the league, maybe he’ll get more playing time soon.

We locked down in the second half defensively. Also JQ looks like his old self in terms of passing. He was able to drive the lanes and dish it out for a 3.

Very critical we have someone like him vs Michigan State.

Huge test coming up against MSU. Izzo as you know is one of the reasons Byrne made the move to get Oats. He has instilled some of his style of play here.

I think we have a great chance to win considering how deep we are and our play making ability. Michigan State is also much better than the idiots in the media would have you believe.

Rewatching the game while I work from home this week. Good lord is Gurley lost. A walking turnover. Oats needs to take the green light from him and tell him there's a reason he's wide ass open. I appreciate everything Gurley does as a leader. I think Oats is waiting for Pringle to step up and take his spot.

Sears is looking more and more comfortable in this system. He's starting to make good moves off ball on offense. Then running point, he's able to beat his man off the dribble and start to pass more. I was worried he would be more ball dominant like he was in Ohio. But he is heating up offensively and starting to make shots outside. He has a pretty release.

Said it before, but Quinerly being back is so huge. Eight assist is amazing. He has a burst of speed and a great sense of where everyone is on the court.

Brandon Miller is a MAN. 'Nuff said.

This freshmen class is just insane. Without even talking about what they do on offense, Griffen and Bradley are getting better and better every game on D. Bradley had a couple of possessions in the first half where he was money on his switch and completely shut out his man. The crowd loved it. Then Griffen's fight to go for the ball is great. Sears took a 3, and Griffen's first instinct is to fight among three defenders and attack the board. JSU unfortunately got the jump ball, but it is great to see a player like that attack the boards. Last season, Shack was already running to the other side of the court.

And then finally, enough cannot be said about Bediako's effort inside. He is doing 10x better at protecting the rim, going vertical to not draw a foul, and snagging the ball out of the air. He fights every single play. I think this offense would be better served if we started featuring him more inside. Because defenses are already worried about the perimeter shooting. If Bediako started to become a force inside, then the sky is the limit.

Huge test coming up against MSU. Izzo as you know is one of the reasons Byrne made the move to get Oats. He has instilled some of his style of play here.

I think we have a great chance to win considering how deep we are and our play making ability. Michigan State is also much better than the idiots in the media would have you believe.

Yes they are. Watched them play twice and both times they looked pretty good. Should have beaten Gonzaga, and did beat Kentucky.

Great game against JSU but that is one game. Most games have been a struggle offensively. So how they do against MSU and others will come down to which offensive team shows up. So far the Defense and rebounding have been consistently good.

Great game against JSU but that is one game. Most games have been a struggle offensively. So how they do against MSU and others will come down to which offensive team shows up. So far the Defense and rebounding have been consistently good.

Good defense will keep you in ball games and was the secret sauce two seasons ago. I saw the Longwood game and thought to myself, "damn, if these young guys can ever get their act together on the offensive side of the court, it's going to be a very fun season indeed."

I stick by my initial inclination.

Arkansas lost to Creighton last night. Great game. Musselman also stated he has "never seen a foul count difference like it". lol

FiOBpG-XgAAB-NG

Back
Top Bottom