| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ No. 1/1 Alabama Falls to San Diego State, 71-64, in Sweet 16

I liked our path to the Final 4, actually a very good path. But, we’re Alabama basketball.

So let’s talk about next year. Who we got coming in to replace Miller and JQ? I suspect most of the rest of our scoring will be back, but we need a go-to guy to replace what Miller brought (except for tonight).

I liked our path to the Final 4, actually a very good path. But, we’re Alabama basketball.

So let’s talk about next year. Who we got coming in to replace Miller and JQ? I suspect most of the rest of our scoring will be back, but we need a go-to guy to replace what Miller brought (except for tonight).
Recruiting, hopefully our exposure as a good school in basketball and #1 overall seed will get us a few All-americans but likely will be a year or two until we're this good again. More than likely we are lookin at a 2-3 year rebuild here.

Pretty sure Bediako, JQ, and Miller are gone. The rest of the team stays. We need griffen and bradley to make big leaps next year from the bad plays they made this year. We need a pure scorer somewhere and we need a good big-man to fill the middle unless Pringle is ready to take over.

IMO....the 1 and done is not going to cut it. If Calipari can't do it but once at UK, there's a good chance nobody can. No doubt, we had talent, but just like in football, you need that core of leaders.

Haven't read any other the other posts yet, so apologies for parroting anything already said...

I said this back on Feb. 26...

I still felt that way on Selection Sunday... Certainly disappointing that this team couldn't get past the Sweet 16 hurdle that has clipped Alabama time after time. Disappointing that the offensive woes reared their ugly heads, at a time when the team needed to be peaking and playing their best in the tournament. Disappointing that it feels like Alabama's best ever team won't get Alabama's best ever NCAA results.

But, I try to look at the bright side. The bright side is, they still collected all the SEC hardware. This team was dealt a shit sandwich by the media, and it really was them against everyone else. Selfishly, I wanted Bama cutting down the nets in Houston just so I could enjoy people like Pat Forde, Clay Travis, and Joe Goodman crying about it. As for the future, Alabama isn't going anywhere. Oats has proven that he can build league championship teams with different types of rosters. I think he's a good tournament coach too, despite what happened last year and the flub we saw tonight. I do think they probably play better when they attack with an underdog mentality, but maybe that's just me. But, Oats is going to recruit well and he's going to put really good, sometimes elite, teams on the floor. This was Alabama's best shot in years at a Final 4, but it won't be their last.

JQ could come back somehow. It's wild, but I think he has another year of eligibility. I think he's gone though. Miller is 100% gone and there's no one that can replace that talent. We'll have really solid players and a deep roster next season, but no one is going to have that 'superstar' type talent. Clowney could come back to improve his stock, but I think he's gone. Welch and Gurley are gone also. Gurley leaving is bigger than some think. He's been a great leader for us and actually played well down the stretch.

Returning: Bradley, Pringle, Griffen, Sears, Bediako (possibly), and Burnett.

Adding: 4* Kris Parker, 4* Sam Walters, 4* Mo Dioubate, and early enrollee Davin Cosby. We'll probably add a transfer as well.

Bradley needs to develop his jump shot or he's not a threat at all. We don't take many mid ranges, but I'd honestly like for Oats to tweak it a bit to fit Bradley. He has the handles to get blow bys and the talent to pull up. Just not sure if he's capable of shooting it from downtown. Griffen showed flashes this season, but needs to work on his defense and being more consistent on offense.

I could go on but I'm pissed right now.

Well, that sucked donkey balls!!
That was last year.;)
Haven't read any other the other posts yet, so apologies for parroting anything already said...

I said this back on Feb. 26...

I still felt that way on Selection Sunday... Certainly disappointing that this team couldn't get past the Sweet 16 hurdle that has clipped Alabama time after time. Disappointing that the offensive woes reared their ugly heads, at a time when the team needed to be peaking and playing their best in the tournament. Disappointing that it feels like Alabama's best ever team won't get Alabama's best ever NCAA results.

But, I try to look at the bright side. The bright side is, they still collected all the SEC hardware. This team was dealt a shit sandwich by the media, and it really was them against everyone else. Selfishly, I wanted Bama cutting down the nets in Houston just so I could enjoy people like Pat Forde, Clay Travis, and Joe Goodman crying about it. As for the future, Alabama isn't going anywhere. Oats has proven that he can build league championship teams with different types of rosters. I think he's a good tournament coach too, despite what happened last year and the flub we saw tonight. I do think they probably play better when they attack with an underdog mentality, but maybe that's just me. But, Oats is going to recruit well and he's going to put really good, sometimes elite, teams on the floor. This was Alabama's best shot in years at a Final 4, but it won't be their last.
Well said.

It was too good to be true... the heavy hitters were on the opposite side and were going to knock each other out with the last team standing then being rewarded by having to play Alabama on short rest. It was all falling into place... in my head...

Recruiting, hopefully our exposure as a good school in basketball and #1 overall seed will get us a few All-americans but likely will be a year or two until we're this good again. More than likely we are lookin at a 2-3 year rebuild here.

Pretty sure Bediako, JQ, and Miller are gone. The rest of the team stays. We need griffen and bradley to make big leaps next year from the bad plays they made this year. We need a pure scorer somewhere and we need a good big-man to fill the middle unless Pringle is ready to take over.
We're losing two great assistants as well.

They don’t have to go undefeated… but they showed horrible weakness in those games… they exposed their soft underbelly..

They also showed that when they are [ X ] ON, they are the best team in the country. They lost, they didn't play well.... it sucks... But to sit there and say they never had a shot is ridiculous. Obviously it was going to be really, really difficult... it is for everyone. But they has as good or better shot than anyone else.

They also showed that when they are [ X ] ON, they are the best team in the country. They lost, they didn't play well.... it sucks... But to sit there and say they never had a shot is ridiculous. Obviously it was going to be really, really difficult... it is for everyone. But they has as good or better shot than anyone else.
Those to teams beat them into submission with superior physicality… which was basically what was left for them to play…

Back
Top Bottom