| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ No. 1/1 Alabama Falls to San Diego State, 71-64, in Sweet 16

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff

How to watch​

Who: No. 1 seed Alabama (31-5) vs. No. 5 seed San Diego State (29-6)
When: 5:30 p.m. CT, Friday, March 24
Where: Yum! Center, Louisville, Kentucky
Watch: TBS (play-by-play: Ian Eagle; analyst: Jim Spanarkel; analyst Evan Washburn)
Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

SDSU plays a physical brand of basketball. I hope our young men are up for the challenge and come out of the game with a victory.
The NCAA Tournament is one game at a time, win and advance or lose and go home. We have to defend well. This, IMO, is where it all starts for us. Yes, I have said it all season but IMO, its true.

They're a deep team, I don't think foul trouble will be helpful here. I think play our style of transition speed offense and force SDSU to slow it down on the offensive side against our good defense. While everyone's focusing on the defense of SDSU vs our Offense. People are forgetting that SDSU hasn't played a defense like ours all year. The closest they came was St Marys at 8th and they lost that game by 7 points on a neutral floor. The difference is St Mary's offense was 45th and ours is 18th. They'll be facing a better offense and a better defense tonight, if we play our game. don't turn the ball over a bunch and shoot relatively close to our average we should win. Easy as that, depth is about the same but their high-end talent isn't as good as ours is. They spread the ball around good though and rely heavily on their guards hitting shots/layups.

Beyond nervous. SDSU presents the exact kind of style Alabama has struggled with all season. But in order to win it all, you have to win games like tonight. Expect a tough one. We need to stay locked in on defense and be able to finish well around the rim. Get SDSU in foul trouble early on, then start bombing threes.

Agreed. Use Quinerly and Sears to drive the ball early, then get outside the arc when it opens up.

Back
Top Bottom