| MBB/WBB Nimari Burnett Enters Transfer Portal (to Michigan.)

IMO, its not going to be huge. I thought he still was favoring the knee this year and looked slow. I wish him well.
If we look at the three major sports, it's arguable it's harder to come back from a knee injury in basketball versus the other two. So much of the shot comes from the lower body ... and it's an area often ignored (see tired legs.)

Nimari coming back from a knee injury (effecting shooting and defense) and then to top it off he had his wrist injury (effecting shooting, again.)

I don't like to lose him - because he was our best defender - but he saw the writing on the wall next season. Alabama is heavy on Keyon Menifield and Denver Jones.
define the word "heavy". Denver is from New Market, which is close to me. I'm going to dig around and find out what I hear on Denver Jones.

I think Bama has 1-2 spots left after the

Bama is interested in the following players:

Nate Calmese (Lamar)
Zack Austin (High Point)
Kamari Lands (Louisville)
Reese Dixon-Waters (USC)
Denver Jones (FIU)
Keyon Menifield (Washington)

If we look at the three major sports, it's arguable it's harder to come back from a knee injury in basketball versus the other two. So much of the shot comes from the lower body ... and it's an area often ignored (see tired legs.)

Nimari coming back from a knee injury (effecting shooting and defense) and then to top it off he had his wrist injury (effecting shooting, again.)

I believe fatigue was a factor in our 3-point decline toward the end of the season. I'm sure better defenses played a role, too.

WSJ had an article a year or two ago about how NBA teams measure loss of lift over the course of a season, and train/treat to minimize it.

Agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom