| NEWS NIL starts 7/1: UA releases guidelines to fans/boosters as college sports changes forever. Here's the latest.

"Legitimate advertising" defined as "what you're used to seeing?"

Legitimate as in the goal is reach and product awareness/sales of that item. I believe a lot if not most of any of the big dollar endorsements will be more for the benefit of the university football program than it will be to extend the reach and/or awareness of whatever product is slapped on top to make it “legitimate”.

Why would Nike create a shit storm giving more money to Oregon than other schools they have contracts with?
They do that already… just not to the players directly. Anyway, it’s just an example. The unintended consequences of this will be huge. It will get taken advantage of no matter if it a large Corp such as Nike or some booster like yellow fella… no doubt in my mind.

Wait until the beauty factor kicks in. Can you see boosters and alum making deals with attractive females to lure them to school or for other reasons? Cavinder twins at Fresno are TikTok famous more so than soccer. They’re, as my dad would have said, easy on the eyes Cali girls. They’ll be getting lots of NIL deals even though the sport isn’t a big cash cow for the school.

We’ve been talking about how much players will make. After seeing Nix of Auburn announcing his Milo’s Tea deal, it hit me that many players will also be blowing their contracts due to “personal issues” and poor behavior. What’s the betting line on who will lose their first contract?

We’ve been talking about how much players will make. After seeing Nix of Auburn announcing his Milo’s Tea deal, it hit me that many players will also be blowing their contracts due to “personal issues” and poor behavior. What’s the betting line on who will lose their first contract?
Speaking of his deal I'd expect one to be announced with an Alabama player as well. If I were them, I'd certainly not want to alienate a fan base and there will be some that wouldn't go to Milo's again because of this.

Alabama freshman defensive back Ga'Quincy "Kool-Aid" McKinstry will initially become one of the highest-profile athletes to enter into an agreement. In fact, SkyBox Sports was already selling his NFT for $750 by Wednesday afternoon. (SkyBox later claimed that was a test page. Later in the day, the price had been removed.) Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are a form of collective cryptocurrency. Think of them as certificates of authenticity for digital assets or collectible electronic trading cards.

SkyBox CEO Derrick Thomas, 30, played college basketball at Drexel in Philadelphia. During his senior year in 2013, he created an online platform to help athletes in the agent dealings. Thomas gave those players a "scorecard" on the agents they were meeting.

This is a big deal because McKinstry was 247Sports' No. 1-ranked cornerback in the Class of 2021. He has yet to play a snap for the Crimson Tide.

For mere mortals, NFTs have been hard to explain. Don't expect the process to become any easier. "Think of it as a ticket, but it's not a ticket," Thomas explained, "a piece that tells his story in art form, takes a snapshot of his life. When NFT holders collect this, they are granted access to his experience."

Language was removed from the website advertising McKinstry's NFT, which said buyers receive "admission to an Alabama home game from Kool-Aid's personal tickets" along with a meet and greet with Kool-Aid (autographs, photos) after the game. Buyers will be able to run drills with McKinstry in the offseason.

No word on what Alabama coach Nick Saban thinks of that.

"Where we see the true value is the players are getting the majority of the revenue," Thomas said. "The athletes own the value they create."

Problem will be that some of these 5* kids will soon start to focus more on their NIL contracts than they will improving their play...

Will also be interesting to see how these kids handle all the 1099s their going to get. I bet some are going to be in debt because they've blown all the cash and have nothing left for taxes...

Problem will be that some of these 5* kids will soon start to focus more on their NIL contracts than they will improving their play...

Will also be interesting to see how these kids handle all the 1099s their going to get. I bet some are going to be in debt because they've blown all the cash and have nothing left for taxes...

I don't see that as a problem. I see that as good training for "real life"... As adults, don't we all have to learn to focus on our jobs as well as outside interests?

And in regards to debt - How many "adults" are in debt due to lack of tax knowledge or flat out disregard for how to handle their finances responsibly?

These are just general American experiences, not NIL problems IMO.

Speaking of his deal I'd expect one to be announced with an Alabama player as well. If I were them, I'd certainly not want to alienate a fan base and there will be some that wouldn't go to Milo's again because of this.

More overrated, Milo's tea or Bo Nix (who is a hayseed)?

If Milo's (the restaurant, which isn't overrated) is smart, they'll sign a Bama player. And we at least have a Milo's in Tuscaloosa (there used to be one in auburn literally across the street from campus but it closed because auburn sucks).

I don't see that as a problem. I see that as good training for "real life"... As adults, don't we all have to learn to focus on our jobs as well as outside interests?

And in regards to debt - How many "adults" are in debt due to lack of tax knowledge or flat out disregard for how to handle their finances responsibly?

These are just general American experiences, not NIL problems IMO.
I don't know many college kids getting 1099 for many thousands of dollars.... so yes, it will be an issue. We're not talking a normal job payroll that has withholdings... this is self employment 1099 where no taxes are withheld and will be due quarterly to the state and feds.

It will be a great real life training, but will it come at the expense of a kids education and possible NFL career?... time will tell.

I don't know many college kids getting 1099 for many thousands of dollars.... so yes, it will be an issue. We're not talking a normal job payroll that has withholdings... this is self employment 1099 where no taxes are withheld and will be due quarterly to the state and feds.

It will be a great real life training, but will it come at the expense of a kids education and possible NFL career?... time will tell.
If you missed it UA is already teaching classes on how to handle their new income. They aren't walking into this blindly.

Understood, but that doesn't mean they will pay attention or apply it. Lord knows a college degree doesn't mean you know anything at all.

While agree education doesn't necessarily = execution, I don't see the bigger point/picture? The kids shouldn't be allowed to make what they're worth because they won't spend it smartly?

I'm sure more than half of current adult society is in debt... That doesn't mean I'd want to restrict them from creating income.

WR Traeshon Holden​

The sophomore receiver from Kissimmee, Florida became the first Alabama football player to announce partnerships early Thursday morning.
Holden, who has about 28,000 Instagram followers, has collaborated with College Football Edits, a designer who creates content such as edits for social media posts. Holden also partnered with Yoke gaming, which is an app that gives fans the chance to play video games with athletes.

Holden saw time in five games in 2020 as a true freshman. He was a four-star prospect coming out of high school.

DB DeMarcco Hellams​

The junior defensive back also announced a partnership with Yoke gaming, making the deal known Thursday morning on his Instagram with about 9,000 followers.

Hellams has played in 13 games each of the past two seasons. In 2020, Hellams tallied 62 total tackles, three passes defensed and a sack.

OLB Christopher Allen​

Allen became the third Alabama athlete to announce a deal with Yoke gaming Thursday morning on his Instagram. He has about 13,000 followers.
The redshirt senior from Baton Rouge finished 2020 with 13 tackles for loss and six sacks with two forced fumbles. He was named All-SEC second team.

OT Evan Neal​

Neal also announced he is partnering with Yoke gaming. He has almost 12,000 Instagram followers, the platform where he announced the deal.
Neal is set to enter his third season with the Crimson Tide. After a year at left guard and right tackle, he is projected to take over for Alex Leatherwood at left tackle.

https://petsdetective.com/lifestyle...nr5x01HAytjM5OJHEI6v9pjYfECDCl08o543avrfAjtY-

Back
Top Bottom