| NEWS NIL starts 7/1: UA releases guidelines to fans/boosters as college sports changes forever. Here's the latest.

Ha... you just made me laugh out loud!!! That's some good shit right there...

Your skepticism on how the football staff have been handling this is perplexing.

Staff: This is what you're required to do.
Players: Ah, ain't payin' attention to the staff.

There's your fried egg, bruh.

Your skepticism on how the football staff have been handling this is perplexing.

Staff: This is what you're required to do.
Players: Ah, ain't payin' attention to the staff.

There's your fried egg, bruh.
Why...it's not the staff I have in questions... it's the 18 year old kids with 50k checks in hand I'm worried about.

The fried egg thing is a great example. It promotes the non-use of drugs in a very visual and understanding way... however, I've watched tons of people smoke pot and take drugs in college on a daily basis while it was running on tv.... so...

While agree education doesn't necessarily = execution, I don't see the bigger point/picture? The kids shouldn't be allowed to make what they're worth because they won't spend it smartly?

I'm sure more than half of current adult society is in debt... That doesn't mean I'd want to restrict them from creating income..
The way I see this we have a group that thinks players will just ignore their tax burdens. A group thinks they'll ignore the advice their given by their agents and accountants. A group, in my view, isn't thinking very clearly

It's the truth. I understand you leatherheads don't get it but good god, I was paying taxes off 1099's at 16.
Because, even if the majority of kids "get it" and do it right... there will be lots that "don't"...

Yes, it's life but how it effects their education and possible NFL career will be told in time...

The way I see this we have a group that thinks players will just ignore their tax burdens. A group thinks they'll ignore the advice their given by their agents and accountants. A group, in my view, isn't thinking very clearly
Understood... and I'm all for the school of hard knocks... just pointing out the unintended consequences of NIL. People pointing to all the "good" to the player it will be are blinded to the negatives that will be there now... just saying it's not so black and white.

I personally have zero issues with NIL as I think a player should be able to make money of it... I do worry about the implantation of it as it will get taken advantage of by those that can find the loop holes... and I don't mean the players, but more the boosters.

Got it. I guess my bigger point is that - There are plenty of "adults", educated folks, and politicians out there who make selfish and/or poor financial decisions.... To me that's not a reason to be more concerned about 18-22 year old's making money from their talents in the quasi-free market we live in.

WR after midnight announced his deal with a game app company. 2 twin basketball Nordic babes has as well. I really appreciated their tik tok vid. Cavinder twins, link from outkick

Last edited:
While agree education doesn't necessarily = execution, I don't see the bigger point/picture? The kids shouldn't be allowed to make what they're worth because they won't spend it smartly?

I'm sure more than half of current adult society is in debt... That doesn't mean I'd want to restrict them from creating income.

No, I'm saying that even with classes educating them that there will be so many tax cases it won't be funny. Hell, even rich businessmen get into tax issues with the IRS that they never get out of. The list is endless! This isn't even counting the number of lawsuits between family members, businesses, yadda yadda that will transpire. These kids have killed the golden goose. Free education and a quicker track to becoming a millionaire than anyone else on the planet. Now they throw new wrinkles into the mix and it'll become a mess and ruin even more careers than the NBA jump from high school or one and done.

Yeah, because agents have never double crossed clients and athletes have never gone broke before with financial advisors watching their backs or gotten into money troubles involving the IRS.

More overrated, Milo's tea or Bo Nix (who is a hayseed)?

If Milo's (the restaurant, which isn't overrated) is smart, they'll sign a Bama player. And we at least have a Milo's in Tuscaloosa (there used to be one in auburn literally across the street from campus but it closed because auburn sucks).
Our daughter when to Wal Mart shop for us. One thing is my wife love Milo tea. I make a joke of that stuff not coming into our house anymore. I text Nicole and told her it okay to get Milo for her. I'm thinking all those Braners went and got all of the teas, because the only thing left was Wal Mart teas!

Our daughter when to Wal Mart shop for us. One thing is my wife love Milo tea. I make a joke of that stuff not coming into our house anymore. I text Nicole and told her it okay to get Milo for her. I'm thinking all those Braners went and got all of the teas, because the only thing left was Wal Mart teas!

As a huge proponent of Milo's, I just want everyone to be aware the restaurant and the tea company are 2 separate entities these days, so keep buying those burgers and fries!

As a huge proponent of Milo's, I just want everyone to be aware the restaurant and the tea company are 2 separate entities these days, so keep buying those burgers and fries!
The tea here said it made here in Alabama. I have seen it also being made in Oklahoma. For some reason my computer telling me I'm from Mississippi.

I don't see how you're coming to that conclusion. Now, I have to break away for a second and point you to another thread...the same conversation, but framed differently.

No, I'm saying that even with classes educating them that there will be so many tax cases it won't be funny.

Yeah, because agents have never double crossed clients and athletes have never gone broke before with financial advisors watching their backs or gotten into money troubles involving the IRS.

I don't see how you're coming to that conclusion. Now, I have to break away for a second and point you to another thread...the same conversation, but framed differently.

Immaturity or Selfishness/Greed is what I'm concerned with. Those two tendencies/actions/desires/whatever you call it within the athlete's circle is what I'm concerned about.

If the NCAA can't figure it out after their years of reign, why would I feel comfortable a college kid can, or a poverty level citizen could, or a poaching agent could? I'm simply stating there will be a ton of issues and the sport will be affected. Won't hurt every athlete as it seems Graham Mertz and Spencer Rattler went the best possible route at the moment, but the IRS audits will increase and technically every dollar is in play. As others have said, even very smart people get in trouble with the tax codes in this country. Can't wait to see what these guys think about the taxes they owe when they have zero write offs, especially with Biden wanting to increase taxes, :devilish:.

Back
Top Bottom