| MBB/WBB 🏀📺 NCAA / SEC Games of the Week: UK visits LSU Tuesday night

Trouble in Memphis?

"We've got so much negativity in our locker room with veterans being jealous"

"There's a group of people on this team that if I played them, I really feel in my heart we could be undefeated or only have one loss. The main reason we have those losses is the veterans don't want to take the young guys under their wings....so when adversity hits, they run.

Hardaway said he noticed a problem brewing as soon as Duren and Bates arrived on campus this September. "There was tension every day."

Holy balls, I didn't want to believe my eyes. How? Mike White is a mediocre coach, but he shouldn't be losing to a garbage 0-7 SWAC team by 15. What a awful, awful loss. Could easily see Florida being on the bubble and that loss keep them out.

I've been waiting for this Houston game for over a year since last years game was canceled. This game will tell us more about this years team.
We will get a war from Houston.

Go on ...
Do you not agree? I think Gonzaga is severely overrated, and I don't particularly like that they only dropped two spots despite a bad three-game stretch. The loss of Joel Ayayi was much bigger than anticipated because I don't see the superb guard play from them that you usually see under a Few coached team.

I think Houston is better defensively, they match up well with our guards, they can create turnovers, and can match our pace.

Where we can dominate however is with Bediako, Gary, and hopefully Gurley stepping up in the paint and bullying them on the glass. Statistically, Houston is 144th and 60th in defensive and offensive rebounding (Alabama is 16th and 30th). So if play well defensively and get stops, that's where we'll be able to push our tempo hopefully minimize turnovers.

@Bammerboy321 with limited time to really get into Houston this morning and being overly simplistic to a point I don't see the Houston game rating higher on the "fret level" scale than the other.

Was the team a little more loose, more focused than normal, on a weekend trip pre-finals to Seattle to face Gonzaga? Or, are they going to be in a "better place" at home, with finals in the rear view mirror, hosting Houston?

Based on ticket sales it looks like there will still be a lot of people in Tuscaloosa in spite of it being a late tip on a Saturday night (and with finals over.)

@Bammerboy321 with limited time to really get into Houston this morning and being overly simplistic to a point I don't see the Houston game rating higher on the "fret level" scale than the other.

Was the team a little more loose, more focused than normal, on a weekend trip pre-finals to Seattle to face Gonzaga? Or, are they going to be in a "better place" at home, with finals in the rear view mirror, hosting Houston?

Based on ticket sales it looks like there will still be a lot of people in Tuscaloosa in spite of it being a late tip on a Saturday night (and with finals over.)
We'll see this Saturday. My personal opinion, it wouldn't be a bad idea to put some money on Houston making it back to the FF, and potentially winning it all.

About this time yesterday I was looking over the TV schedule and noticed TTU was playing UT in NY. I almost posted "that's a game to keep an eye on" thinking how Beard didn't leave TTU in bad shape.

It wasn't so much about TTU last night as it was about what UT wasn't: 6 of 40 for three's. (That's .150 for you kids out there.)

TTU is 7-1. It's no where near as damaging a loss as the one Florida just took.

About this time yesterday I was looking over the TV schedule and noticed TTU was playing UT in NY. I almost posted "that's a game to keep an eye on" thinking how Beard didn't leave TTU in bad shape.

It wasn't so much about TTU last night as it was about what UT wasn't: 6 of 40 for three's. (That's .150 for you kids out there.)

TTU is 7-1. It's no where near as damaging a loss as the one Florida just took.
It's hard to tell what UT's identity is on offense when they put on the display they did last night. After 30 missed threes, you'd think Barnes had seen enough of poor shot selection. Nope. They kept throwing it up.

Back
Top Bottom