| MBB/WBB 🏀📺 NCAA / SEC Games of the Week: UK visits LSU Tuesday night

Northwestern smoked Georgia 78-62. UGA has one bad basketball team.

I watched Arkansas-Cincinnati. Arkansas is like Alabama, where their guards are so active on the boards. Believe they had one that grabbed nine boards. Play of the game though was when one of their players made a really smart basketball play on Cincinnati's last possession to tie it. Read the ball handlers eyes, knew he was driving towards the basket, and stepped up for a charge.

Arkansas has a tough squad. Didn't shoot particularly well, but grabbed 46 rebounds, with 18 being on the offensive side. They dominanted Cincinnati on the glass.

1:30 PM today - Auburn-UCONN. Biggest test for both teams to date. Fuck Auburn. Enough said..

7:30 PM - Ohio State-Florida. Florida has been a lot better this year than I thought. They had a nice upset over FSU and have played decent ball overall. I don't know if they'll be good enough to beat Ohio State though.

Lot of other non-SEC games to note:

Oregon-Houston at 1:30 PM
Baylor-Arizona State at 6:30 PM
Memphis-Virginia Tech at 8:30 PM

So much for the hype. Gonzaga just smothered UCLA last night. Drew Timme is too damn good of a basketball player, but is an even bigger douche. Would be nice to see Gary post up on him in the paint and bully him.

Holgrem just understands the game of basketball so well. Just an all around great big with superb offensive skillset and a good rim protector.

Shocker, but it will take everything Alabama's got to beat them.

The one thing we got that UCLA didn't do was be uptempo. They seemed to look asleep last night. Gonna be tough to guard ole Chet, but if we come hungry, hand in face, get out and run I feel we fare better than UCLA did. We get cold from three, we lose by 30

The season started with over 350 teams. Going into today's games there are only 28 left without a loss (most games played are eight.) Eight of the top ten teams (11 since there's a tie for 10th) have had at least one loss.

I'll miss watching Duke under Coach K. Whether you like him or not I'd hope you appreciate the style under which his teams play.

Seeing them drop a game? No emotion at all; the hat's off to to the Buckeyes for coming back from a 14 point deficit in the first half. Ohio State remains unranked (two losses) but I can see this team creating some havoc in the B1G: they certainly gave Florida a run for their money (thought they may be grabbing some of mine as well; that hook was making me a bit nervous.)

If you haven't done the math, OSU outscored Duke by 18 in the second.

I'll miss watching Duke under Coach K. Whether you like him or not I'd hope you appreciate the style under which his teams play.

Seeing them drop a game? No emotion at all; the hat's off to to the Buckeyes for coming back from a 14 point deficit in the first half. Ohio State remains unranked (two losses) but I can see this team creating some havoc in the B1G: they certainly gave Florida a run for their money (thought they may be grabbing some of mine as well; that hook was making me a bit nervous.)

If you haven't done the math, OSU outscored Duke by 18 in the second.

Wow did not see that coming. Checked the score about half way through and thought well Duke has this under control. Gotta play both the full game I guess...

Memphis is playing Georgia today at 6:15 PM if anyone is interested. Memphis will likely win, but they are one undisciplined team with no offensive scheme whatsoever. Eerily similar to Avery, but with more talent.

That staff, and being that it is Memphis basketball...don't like 'em.

I'm of the opinion Larry Brown can't make up the deficiencies Penny has as a head coach.
If LSU didn't land Watford, then Memphos would have. Think about that. They are the definition of shady.

Of course the NCAA won't do shit, but by god, at least Oklahoma State and Mizzou will be punished!

Memphis is playing Georgia today at 6:15 PM if anyone is interested. Memphis will likely win, but they are one undisciplined team with no offensive scheme whatsoever. Eerily similar to Avery, but with more talent.

I feel they were like that even when Calipari was their coach. All that talent, but had more guys that played Rucker Park type ball than D-1 college ball.

Dawgs got the W. Memphis must be a wreck to lose to Georgia.
This morning I'm still telling myself not to discount home court advantage: it's big in the SEC even with a team like UGA's this season. But then I can't just dismiss Iowa State's win over Memphis on a neutral court: it wasn't close. What can I say? I don't feel too badly saying I'm happy to see Memphis lose. (UGA was +500 on the money line.)

I've never been a fan of the "Fab Five," much less Michigan basketball, so Howard as their head coach tells you how I feel about that program. Home court advantage comes to mind again here: they were in Chapel Hill last night. I'm getting a laugh seeing that team (started out this season ranked #6 now 24th) lose its third game of the season to drop to 4-3.

HCA to OU last night in the form of Florida shooting 16.7% from three in a seven point loss. I think there were only two ranked teams who won on the road last night.

Dawgs got the W. Memphis must be a wreck to lose to Georgia.
I watched it last night. Just reaffirms that Penny is a terrible coach. With guys like Bates and Duren on the floor, there's no reason to be as bad as they are. Makes me grateful with the current class we have coming in that they'll actually be utilized.

All that said, we shouldn't lose to them, but it'll likely still be a tough game.

Yikes. I didn't get to watch any basketball last night, but Mizzou was down 35-14 at HALF to Liberty. Just like Arizona State scoring only 29 the entire game vs Washington State, I don't know how you can be that bad in basketball. Then again, we suffered through Grant.

Maybe I've just not put it together in the past. I don't know.

Upon hearing the AZ vs UW game was canceled it dawned on me the PAC was already into conference play. They are the only major to do so this early.
It does seem weird. So used to the B10 starting early. Don't think I've heard of a conference starting before the end of December.

Back
Top Bottom