USC vs. Saint Joseph's11:30pmESPN2
Maui Invitational9:00pmESPNU
Jacksonville at Minnesota9:00pmBTN
Vanderbilt at Pitt9:00pmACCN
Memphis vs. Virginia Tech9:30pmESPN2
TCU vs. Pepperdine10:30pmCBSSN
Maui Invitational11:30pmESPN2

Off topic, but trying to keep basketball discussion in basketball threads:

Rick Barnes continues to struggle with any offense that pushes tempo and play four-out offense. They're getting drilled 33-11 by Villanova right now.

Rick Barnes continues to struggle with any offense that pushes tempo and play four-out offense. They're getting drilled 33-11 by Villanova right now.
They're struggling everywhere today. At the end of the day they'll have least scored more than Vandy in their last outing though not by much at this pace: 39 on the board with about five left.

Lot of good basketball today if anyone is interested.

12 PM: Purdue-Villanova
3:30 PM: UNC-Tennessee
7:30 PM: St. Bon-Marquette
9:30 PM(wow): Arizona-Michigan

Others:
1 PM: Ole Miss-Boise State
3 PM: Mississippi State-Morehead State
8 PM: Mizzou-SMU

So a decent slate of games.

Yikes 🤦‍♂️Ole Miss loses to Boise State 60-50.
I wonder if that was a buy game.

~ This was the second time I've kept track of Michigan (4-2.) Arizona has a lot that reminds me of how Bama can play in style, transition: shot selection caught my eye.

~ Nova / Purdue and UT / UNC - I kept up with box scores, watched a little of both, and I'm starting to draw conclusions (far too early, I know.)
ACC basketball isn't starting off that well, overall, sans Duke.​
Secondly, there's such a start contrast in playing styles with Nova and 'Purdon't' type teams.​

I wonder if that was a buy game.

~ This was the second time I've kept track of Michigan (4-2.) Arizona has a lot that reminds me of how Bama can play in style, transition: shot selection caught my eye.
Yeah Tommy Lloyd may end up being one of the few assistant coaches that work out to be a good HC. Lot of Mark Few inspired offense considering how disciplined they are and how well they move the ball.

On the flip side: how overrated is Michigan to lose to Seton Hall at home and get drilled by an Arizona squad that shot 19% from 3? Granted they shot 50% from the floor and had 23 assist, but this has not been a good look for them.

Colorado State looks more and more dangerous too. It is going to be an absolute track meet against them.

Take a look at this stat vs Creighton. Look familiar?
-20/34 (close to 59%) from 3.

Their best win to date obviously, but it's just a constant reminder that Oats wasn't playing around when he said he wanted to play stiff competition. There are literally no breaks anywhere.

A&M kept shooting themselves in the foot yesterday against Wisconsin. They got up 24-10 (mainly due to their ridiculous shooting from beyond the arc), but didn't maintain their intensity on defense and let Wisconsin come back. They'll be a ball club to watch out for. Probably not a NIT team yet, but they're capable of pulling off an upset. Henry Coleman has a lot of upside.

I didn't get to see Arkansas vs Kansas State. But looking at the stats, they went cold from deep from beyond the arc in the second half (3-22) and turned it over nine times, which helped Kansas State make the game look closer than what it was. Typical November basketball for a squad that plays similar to us. Working out rotations, trying to develop chemistry, and sloppy play. Arkansas will still be a contender for the regular season championship in the SEC.

If you want to place any small wagers on who you think will win it all, I'd place a little money on Houston. Sampson has a dangerous deep squad that I feel like nobody is talking enough about, despite making a Final Four last year.

Keeping up with our previous opponents too:

South Dakota State drilled Nevada 102-75. Not only did they have 17 3-pointers, but they had 25 assist. They play against Washington tonight at 8:30 PM. Keep an eye out because I think they'll run away with it.

Oakland beat Vermont with a late three with 11 seconds left. Vermont had four players suspended for this game too, so sort of a lucky win. They'll place Rice today at 4 PM.

Other games:

Wisconsin-Houston today at 4 PM: see if Wisconsin can try and suck Houston into their slow methodical halfcourt offense and get turnovers on defense. Houston's depth will likely take over and they'll begin to enforce their pace.

UCLA-Gonzaga tonight at 9 PM: nothing else to say. #1 vs #2.

SEC games:
Georgia vs Northwestern at 4 PM, ESPN2
South Carolina vs Wofford at 6 PM, SECN+

Georgia vs Northwestern at 4 PM, ESPN2
South Carolina vs Wofford at 6 PM, SECN+
I didn't mention these two earlier because I feel both are 'also-rans.' I'm like the rest of college basketball wondering what the hell is going on with Tom Crean. (I expect him out following this year barring a great run—aint' happening.) I don't see UofSC doing much this season: Martin get's a pink slip in March of '21?

I'm like the rest of college basketball wondering what the hell is going on with Tom Crean. (I expect him out following this year barring a great run—aint' happening.) I don't see UofSC doing much this season: Martin get's a pink slip in March of '21?
What's sad was when it was Crean was facing the inevitable at Indiana, I actually really wanted him. During the Grant's tenure made me so desperate for a HC that at least had a miniscule grasp on offense in basketball. We thankfully avoided that disaster.

I do wonder if Frank Martin will ever be fired at USC, but I don't see it until they get rid of Ray Tanner as AD.

So much for the hype. Gonzaga just smothered UCLA last night. Drew Timme is too damn good of a basketball player, but is an even bigger douche. Would be nice to see Gary post up on him in the paint and bully him.

Holgrem just understands the game of basketball so well. Just an all around great big with superb offensive skillset and a good rim protector.

Shocker, but it will take everything Alabama's got to beat them.

Back
Top Bottom