| GAME THREAD šŸˆ NCAA / SEC Games of the Week: Labor Day Night~ Ole Miss vs Louisville

I watched much of this game, and I'm impressed with Ole Miss' improvement on D. Offensively, Louisville's LB's dropping shallow and taking advantage of Corral's height and low trajectory slants to disrupt those while staying close enough to spy him on the RPO. Obviously, didn't work well enough to win the game, but losing #7 early hurt them perhaps as bad as any of the targeting fouls.

their defense is obviously real this year,

and I'm impressed with Ole Miss' improvement on D

Uh, no. I disagree here, guys.

Ole Miss stopping the run last night had nothing to do with only playing five in the box; Louisville is that bad. They are worse today than when Saterfield took over three years ago. UL's QB? Come on now.

Four wins last year with nary a team with a winning record found. Go back five years; it doesn't get better.

My thoughts? Kentucky by 17 or more later this year...

Uh, no. I disagree here, guys.

Ole Miss stopping the run last night had nothing to do with only playing five in the box; Louisville is that bad. They are worse today than when Saterfield took over three years ago. UL's QB? Come on now.

Four wins last year with nary a team with a winning record found. Go back five years; it doesn't get better.

My thoughts? Kentucky by 17 or more later this year...

I'm not talking Louisville up, but they're certainly better than the 2018 squad, and near misses last year (against ND 12-7, Pitt 23-20, VaTech 34-27 and BC 34-27) show they're better than four or five years ago.

I'm not talking Louisville up, but they're certainly better than the 2018 squad, and near misses last year (against ND 12-7, Pitt 23-20, VaTech 34-27 and BC 34-27) show they're better than four or five years ago.
Could those close scores mean there was a lack of focus on preparing for Louisville? It was quite obvious that ND mailed in the Louisville game. I suspect they used that week to prepare for Clemson. Their play against Clemson certainly indicated they had spent more than one week in preparing for them.

Last edited:
Ole Miss defense looked much improved over last year, but it was really hard to tell if they had improved that much or if Louisville's O-line was really that bad. They did run a really aggressive style and they are going to be a handful.

Could those close scores mean there was a lack of focus on preparing for Louisville? It was quite obvious that ND mailed in the Louisville game. I suspect they used that week to prepare for Clemson. Their play against Clemson certainly indicated they had spent more than one week in preparing for them.

It's possible. There's always the "it's not me, it's you" rationale. Good for football, not so much for relationships.

Back
Top Bottom