| GAME THREAD 🏈 NCAA / SEC Games of the Week ~ Week Eight

The successor to CNS ain’t looking so good 👀
If he is the successor I might just be done with Alabama football and I was a fan before Whitworth. And I made it through Whitworth with an aubie dad taking me to 57* barner games attempting to get me to switch.

I don't know if I could stomach that bastard. Heard he burned all the bridges when he left. Hope so.

Last edited:
Did not plan on staying up this late for the ASU v. UW game... but it's pulled me in. UW having to fight for everything on offense so far, down 7-3, late 3rd (FS1)...

It's games like this one that causes fans to gravitate towards conference/officials conspiracies. ASU has been getting absolutely hosed on some calls tonight... which of course helps to keep UW unblemished and without what would be a terrible loss on their playoff resume.

And just like that, while typing this post, after a terrible no call for PI on UW, they intercept a pass and return it for their first TD of the night and take the lead late.

For the record, I don't think that's what is going on here, but man it looks bad to an impartial observer.

It's games like this one that causes fans to gravitate towards conference/officials conspiracies. ASU has been getting absolutely hosed on some calls tonight... which of course helps to keep UW unblemished and without what would be a terrible loss on their playoff resume.

And just like that, while typing this post, after a terrible no call for PI on UW, they intercept a pass and return it for their first TD of the night and take the lead late.

For the record, I don't think that's what is going on here, but man it looks bad to an impartial observer.
Then I'll say it. Pac made sure Washington stayed undefeated.

The Vile fans might say the same thing about yesterdays game. There were a couple of questionable calls. Calls if the sitation was reversed I would have not been happy with.

And I made it through Whitworth with an aubie dad taking me to 57* barner games attempting to get me to switch.
Holy cow @252BAMA you had to indure that? That might be child abuse :).

It's games like this one that causes fans to gravitate towards conference/officials conspiracies. ASU has been getting absolutely hosed on some calls tonight...

Watch the ending of the Houston vs Texas game. Houston 3rd and 1 inside the 10. Runs it for a yard. Easily got the line. They call it short. Won’t review it. Houston has no timeouts. Their coach is livid but they won’t review. Incomplete pass on 4th to end the possession. Texas then could run out the last minute.

The Vile fans might say the same thing about yesterdays game. There were a couple of questionable calls. Calls if the sitation was reversed I would have not been happy with.

Holy cow @252BAMA you had to indure that? That might be child abuse :).

I thought there were a couple of missed calls on both sides, but that's every week. Last years' game, some were egregious, like the terrible PI flag that didn't seem to come out until it was being returned for a score and the non-roughing call on Bryce. Still, Bama had opportunities to win, and could have won, pretty easily... but they made too many mistakes of their own.

I didn't see that same type of thing yesterday... UA dominated the entire 2nd half and of all the calls and non-calls I saw, all were borderline one way or the other. Even the pop to McClellan's head, I was fine with no flag there. The fair catch signal for the Vols on the kickoff... the official saw it right away... the whistles were blowing throughout the entire return. Just my take on it though.

In the UW game last night, there were calls and non-calls in several key situations (many in the redzone when scoring was at a premium) that all seemed to go against ASU. A couple of them were jaw dropping bad.

Back
Top Bottom