| RECRUIT Najee Harris Flight Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you're located in Birmingham according to Twitter, your email address goes to a high school in Michigan, I see where your IP goes to, and your writing for TDA?

How did all of this come about?

He's got a share of articles up on their site. It's just a strange situation seeing where all this ties in, ya know?

Hell, one of the best story lines of this season is all the hoopla surrounding Harbaugh just to see their season at the end. This guy might have some interesting stories.

He's got a share of articles up on their site. It's just a strange situation seeing where all this ties in, ya know?

Hell, one of the best story lines of this season is all the hoopla surrounding Harbaugh just to see their season at the end. This guy might have some interesting stories.

Offer him some milk and cookies and see if he bites?

Kunz, Harbaugh, or both?

Search on the web says he's a die hard Michigan fan. Truth @Bobby Kunz ?
I ran a quick search after seeing the Michigan suggestion earlier. h/t

I noticed the content, noticed this as well.

1.png

High school student breaking his way into covering sports? Seems like it to me. TDA is known to pitch recruiting coverage/writing as some "internship" type of situation. Who knows, maybe he's considering following the same path as someone like Rece.

I ran a quick search after seeing the Michigan suggestion earlier. h/t

I noticed the content, noticed this as well.

View attachment 6399

High school student breaking his way into covering sports? Seems like it to me. TDA is known to pitch recruiting coverage/writing as some "internship" type of situation. Who knows, maybe he's considering following the same path as someone like Rece.

TDA likes to pitch every position as some "internship" type of situation.

TDA likes to pitch every position as some "internship" type of situation.
If someone worked, the ad sales position might have some money there. I haven't looked at a print publication there in years so I have no idea what they're getting for space much less circulation numbers. The print edition is still free, isn't it?

It's an eclectic group over there. I'm trying to think of the name ... asked quite a few questions during media day, everyday of media day, and the questions were thought out. Stephen something?

This is what caught my eye (as I'm sure it did a few others.)

1.png

And then he links his own tweet? That's when I noticed TDA. If he's taking classes around Reese-Phifer and getting his name out through these mediums? Good for him.

The high school in Michigan looks a lot like Christian Brothers Germantown.

Is there a website you can go to get passenger lists for flights?

No.

Who knows if the information is true, but consider the ramifications. Has anybody ever changed a flight a few days before the trip? The change means the new flight is booked at the current rate (more money). If Najee is going home, that means he's going somewhere else (needs to book another flight, not just a single leg) or he didn't graduate. I don't think his family is wealthy so that's a lot of long flight costs he's racking up. The school doesn't pay for this. Although he may be able to contribute with his new stipend, he doesn't get that stipend yet.

To me, it all seems like a lot of rumor. Najee obviously wanted to make the world talk about him (not good from a Saban perspective) so he hasn't confirmed his destination and is making everyone else speculate.

No.

Who knows if the information is true, but consider the ramifications. Has anybody ever changed a flight a few days before the trip? The change means the new flight is booked at the current rate (more money). If Najee is going home, that means he's going somewhere else (needs to book another flight, not just a single leg) or he didn't graduate. I don't think his family is wealthy so that's a lot of long flight costs he's racking up. The school doesn't pay for this. Although he may be able to contribute with his new stipend, he doesn't get that stipend yet.

To me, it all seems like a lot of rumor. Najee obviously wanted to make the world talk about him (not good from a Saban perspective) so he hasn't confirmed his destination and is making everyone else speculate.

Our intrepid Michigan recruiter dude isn't saying anything new. Najee's high school HC said when he left he only packed enough for a week, certainly not a semester. Sounds like he's not letting anyone in on his schedule.

Top Tide recruit's change of plans

Our intrepid Michigan recruiter dude isn't saying anything new.

I don't think that's fair. He's attending, or going to attend, UA according to what I've been told.

Seems like he's just generating traffic to his Twitter feed. I'm good with that.

What isn't fair?
Labeling him an intrepid Michigan reporter. It's true he started some Michigan sites. Good for him.

It's also true he's covering Alabama. That doesn't mean what he writes won't be of interest.

I'm seeing a guy that's a student or going to be, covering Alabama football. It doesn't matter to me if he is a Michigan fan. Hell, I was involved in the start of a Florida site years ago ... while employed by an Alabama publication.

Fact is I was about to move this into the recruiting news thread until I saw he'd taken the time to change his title to Recruiting Analyst. For someone who just registered, that's a statement. At that point ... "who the heck is this?"

High school student breaking his way into covering sports? Seems like it to me. TDA is known to pitch recruiting coverage/writing as some "internship" type of situation. Who knows said:
Good call, I remember when Rece moved to Flint, MI. Turned out a good stepping stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom