| FTBL My crimson glasses just went completely red...

G

I am beginning to believe that we will be much better this season than I had previously thought. My reason for this belief is based on videos, player comments, and off season development. I think we are going to be a surprise team this year...this will be our all-around best team in quite some time. We may not have the number of NFL players on defense that we had in 2005, but across the board we are going to be a better team than any we have had in soooo long... and coaching is not a question mark now.

The improvement of JPW and the OL, combined with the increased depth, talent, and physical-ness of our defense is going to add up to a HUGE swing in terms of on-field performance...and that is not even accounting for attitude improvement.

I expect us to be significantly better as well, but with the tough road games we have, we could be a good bit better and not have it reflected in the record.

with so much transition in the SEC West this year i think it's a perfect opportunity for even a mediocre Bama to go to Atlanta.

Auburn will be working with a new QB and new offense.

LSU will be playing without the 17 or so senior starters from last year's championship squad (Saban recruits), and they may not even have Ryan P. at their disposal. he is the only returning QB with any experience.

Arkansas lost virtually all of their offense (Macfadden, Jones, and FB Hillis who led them in receiving yards) and has a new coaching staff.

Ole Miss has a new staff.

Miss St. is Miss St. i like our chances if we can simply score one touchdown.

i think if we can win the West, we'll generate even more momentum heading into the next signing season. after another elite recruiting class i will be one optimistic Tide fan again.

Big_Fan said:
I am beginning to believe that we will be much better this season than I had previously thought. My reason for this belief is based on videos, player comments, and off season development. I think we are going to be a surprise team this year...this will be our all-around best team in quite some time. We may not have the number of NFL players on defense that we had in 2005, but across the board we are going to be a better team than any we have had in soooo long... and coaching is not a question mark now.

The improvement of JPW and the OL, combined with the increased depth, talent, and physical-ness of our defense is going to add up to a HUGE swing in terms of on-field performance...and that is not even accounting for attitude improvement.
I like the way you think. As the year progresses i'm of the opinion that we'll be stonger down the stretch than we have been in quite some time.

I like the way you think. As the year progresses i'm of the opinion that we'll be stonger down the stretch than we have been in quite some time.

This is what I'm looking forward to. That is one of the most common traits of a CNS coached team. Not to be making excuses, but that is what this is......I feel the reason that did not happen last year was the fact that we had so much movement with the O-line d/t the fact of the 5 players out from the book scandal. I believe starting this year you will see a team get better as the year goes on and will be something that we can get used to for years to come.

Having said all that I want to go on record and say that coach Tommy Tooberville will maintain a winning record against coach CNS. This is do to the fact that after we kick that ass this year and next they will fire him. Therefore he will not be around to take the proper woodsheddin' that will be taking place for the next 10 years.
:D

Big_Fan said:

I also believe Bama will "Turn the corner" this year. I will say it again...A-Day had a much different feel this year.

musso said:
with so much transition in the SEC West this year i think it's a perfect opportunity for even a mediocre Bama to go to Atlanta.

Auburn will be working with a new QB and new offense.

LSU will be playing without the 17 or so senior starters from last year's championship squad (Saban recruits), and they may not even have Ryan P. at their disposal. he is the only returning QB with any experience.

Arkansas lost virtually all of their offense (Macfadden, Jones, and FB Hillis who led them in receiving yards) and has a new coaching staff.

Ole Miss has a new staff.

Miss St. is Miss St. i like our chances if we can simply score one touchdown.

i think if we can win the West, we'll generate even more momentum heading into the next signing season. after another elite recruiting class i will be one optimistic Tide fan again.

and remember Arkansas also has to transition into a new coach staff and they also lost the very talented, oft injured tho, Marcus Monk at WR.

if the Crimson Tide can develop the running game into a legitimate threat and maintain that into the meat of the schedule, Atlanta is in sight.

last year, we ran the ball pretty well until Grant got hurt. from then on out it was pretty mediocre.

I feel good about next season at this point, but I'm still worried about a couple of things. Can JP step it up and put together a great season for us? That's the biggest thought in my mind coming into the fall, but there are a couple more...

How well will our true freshman produce and will we even have a pass rush. We really need to put pressure on the opposing offense's this season. I'm hoping to see a lot more blitzing, but I doubt Coach Saban will be confident enough. I'm hoping we'll stay solid on run defense, its looking like we're going to have some real hog mollies on the line.

Tider27 said:
I feel good about next season at this point, but I'm still worried about a couple of things. Can JP step it up and put together a great season for us? That's the biggest thought in my mind coming into the fall, but there are a couple more...

How well will our true freshman produce and will we even have a pass rush. We really need to put pressure on the opposing offense's this season. I'm hoping to see a lot more blitzing, but I doubt Coach Saban will be confident enough. I'm hoping we'll stay solid on run defense, its looking like we're going to have some real hog mollies on the line.

I'd just love to see us return to a good old running team when we need to instead of passing all the time.

Should be a fun year!! RTR!!

Optimus said:
Tider27 said:

I'd just love to see us return to a good old running team when we need to instead of passing all the time.

Should be a fun year!! RTR!!
I hope we are effective at both...in todays football you need to be able to do both, to free up your play makers. imho. Establishing a running game is always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom