| FTBL MSU is just more man today

porkchop said:
They're smacking BAMA's defense around. Not much you can do other than turn up the intensity. We don't have it right now though.

Defense are you crazy? How about 14 points of INTs which MSU got!? What about that.. Our defense held them to 3 points didn't it?

porkchop said:
Yeah but they're pushing our front 7 around. The fact that they didn't score a ton doesn't indicate how much we were getting pushed around.

Ok guess we watch 2 differnt games. :roll: I'm sure the turnovers didn't have anything to do with the outcome.

Optimus said:
porkchop said:
Yeah but they're pushing our front 7 around. The fact that they didn't score a ton doesn't indicate how much we were getting pushed around.

Ok guess we watch 2 differnt games. :roll: I'm sure the turnovers didn't have anything to do with the outcome.

Well all I'm saying is that our defensive front 7 seemed to be letting Dixon pick up yards in chunks (atleast when I was watching). And on a number of occasions we just looked out of sync. I saw a number of times where MSU just lined up and kicked our butts five yards off of the LOS.

I'm not saying that this was the only reason we lost. I'm just saying that we didn't look like we wanted it as much at times, especially late. MSU killed us late with guts alone. They kept drives going by lining Dixon up deep and running what everyone in the stadium knew was coming....and we couldn't stop them.

I'm just making one observation here man. Not saying I have the keys to the BCS or anything. Yeah we lost for a number of reasons today.

porkchop said:
Optimus said:
porkchop said:

Well all I'm saying is that our defensive front 7 seemed to be letting Dixon pick up yards in chunks (atleast when I was watching). And on a number of occasions we just looked out of sync. I saw a number of times where MSU just lined up and kicked our butts five yards off of the LOS.

I'm not saying that this was the only reason we lost. I'm just saying that we didn't look like we wanted it as much at times, especially late. MSU killed us late with guts alone. They kept drives going by lining Dixon up deep and running what everyone in the stadium knew was coming....and we couldn't stop them.

I'm just making one observation here man. Not saying I have the keys to the BCS or anything. Yeah we lost for a number of reasons today.
:lol: :lol:

I hear you!!! Chop!! Remember at the start of the season when we were talking about our defense. Since we are playing a 3-4-4 if you don't have some meat in the middle it's hard to play that defense. Right now we just don't have the men in the middle.

Dixon ran with purpose and authority right up the gut. I don't think I ever saw him get lest than 4 yds when he was met at the LOS.

reger60 said:
bamadezz said:
The defense looked pretty decent to me. I mean the bulldogs only scored 3 points on them.

MSU was allowed to convert way too many third downs and control the clock in the second half.

I agree somewhat. If we didn't throw those two picks, we win. They did work the clock well in the 2nd half. I just think we would have won something like 12-3. Just my take.

bamadezz said:
The defense looked pretty decent to me. I mean the bulldogs only scored 3 points on them.
I'm with you dezz. Although its not my favorite, "Bend-But-Don't-Break" still leaves room for a Defense to do its job. If the job the Defense did today is not good enough to win, they are not the problem. 17 points and 215 yards of offense -- I'll take that everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom